speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Adult Swim's new anime schedule

A distinct form of animated storytelling, anime has legions of fans worldwide.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Adult Swim's new anime schedule

Postby Anime Trekker » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:11 pm

From http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6403

posted on 2005-03-25 17:18:51
s-CRY-ed, Escaflowne: The Movie and more...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adult Swim released a press release today from their 2005 upfront conference with their 2005 programming highlights.

Notable anime items include:

May
Samurai Champloo (Saturday May 14,11:30pm)
Paranoia Agent (Saturday May 28, 12:00am)
s-CRY-ed (Saturday May 28, 12:30am)
Inuyasha the Movie: Affections Touching Across Time (Saturday May 14, 12:00am)
Metropolis (Saturday May 21, 12:00am)

June
New episodes of Inu Yasha

July
Escaflowne: The Movie

August
Inuyasha: The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass

September
Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is good because I'm starting to think that Adult Swim's schedule is starting to get a little stale.

I'm glad that they're putting SCRYED on because I have all six volumes on DVD, and it's a truly wonderful anime series. To describe this series, I will quote from Anime News Network:

Plot Summary: A strange environmental phenomenon 22 years ago in the Kanazawa prefecture caused the land to split and protrude upwards reaching unprecedented heights, creating the secluded area known as The Lost Ground. Kazuma is a young mercenary who lives in the Lost Ground, looking for any work he can find to sustain his livelihood within the harsh environment. He is one of the few people that are gifted with the Alter ability, which allows him to plaster his right arm and torso with a metallic alloy. When this mercenary encounters HOLY, an order whose purpose is to suppress and capture what they call Native Alter Users, and one of the elite members of HOLY, Ryuho, an epic rivalry begins.

Basically the series is X-Men set in the wastelands

I wish Adult Swim would get these:

Love Hina

Saiyuki- This series is a lot like InuYasha, except that this story is set in modern day Asia. The story revolves around Sanzo, a gun toting rebel priest; Goku, a hyperactive monkey king; Gojyo, a womanizing human/demon hybrid; and Hakkai, a calm collected demon who always has his pet dragon. Together they go kick some demonic butt while they are on a mission to prevent the revival of the demon Gyumao.
"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame." -From Hellsing Ultimate

Please visit my Facebook page. (search under the name "Talya Marsh" if you cannot get there from the link)
Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Magus » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:21 pm

YES! New episodes of Inuyasha in June and I get off of School on the first I think, there's only 34 days left after today. And then they have the movies, which Princess of Fire's been egging me to see for a while now.

Not too bad, says I.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Talon Sinnah » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:31 am

Never really watched much Inuyasha and I already have the Cowboy Bebop movie so why should I worry about the new schedule... Oh yeah because its Anime.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Raven_inthedark » Thu May 19, 2005 3:55 pm

i dont like it they took out Fullmetal :(
" i am the Raven int he dark..."

Am i dark or Am i just Misunderstood?
Raven_inthedark
New User
New User

Postby Anime Trekker » Fri May 20, 2005 3:35 pm

Raven_inthedark wrote:i dont like it they took out Fullmetal :(

Fullmetal Alchemist is in repeats now on Monday through Thursday with new episodes coming out this fall.

I do like Samurai Champloo. It was cool!!!!
"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame." -From Hellsing Ultimate

Please visit my Facebook page. (search under the name "Talya Marsh" if you cannot get there from the link)
Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Raven_inthedark » Fri May 20, 2005 4:52 pm

i know but it was better on the weekends when i had nothing to do
" i am the Raven int he dark..."

Am i dark or Am i just Misunderstood?
Raven_inthedark
New User
New User

Postby Dr_Love » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:34 am

the list changes every week it seems like....there isn't anything good on hardly throughout the week now....and ont e weekends are barely any better.
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden
Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Jack Sarratt » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:03 pm

All hail Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex!
People say to not judge a book by its cover, but first make sure you picked the right title.
Jack Sarratt
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Talon Sinnah » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:48 pm

I disagree I never could get into Ghost in the shell. Don't really know why I just couldn't.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Re: Adult Swim's new anime schedule

Postby Anime Trekker » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:26 pm

What upsets me about Adult Swim's anime lineup this year:

THEY DIDN'T GET VAMPIRE KNIGHT!!!!!!!!

Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Qray » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:29 pm

I don't get the Cartoon Network anymore. What's on the new Adult Swim lineup?
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.
Qray

Blog: View Blog (49)

Postby Anime Trekker » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Qray wrote:I don't get the Cartoon Network anymore. What's on the new Adult Swim lineup?

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Bleach
Kekkaishi

And of course re-runs of Ghost in the Shell: SAC, Bebop, and InuYasha

Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

Return to Anime