speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Descendants of Darkness

A distinct form of animated storytelling, anime has legions of fans worldwide.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Descendants of Darkness

Postby Anime Trekker » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:10 pm

I watched this series when it was airing on AZN television, and I totally became hooked on this anime series. After I saw the anime series, I bought the entire manga collection (which is still ongoing). Not too long ago, my dad bought me the box set, containing all 13 episodes, for my birthday.

Asato Tsuzuki is an elite-and-dorky-but-poorly-paid shinigami (guardian of death), whose job is to make sure people who died stay dead and remain in their proper realms. The thing is Tsuzuki also has a history of losing partners (shinigami are supposed to work in pairs). Then suddenly Tsuzuki gets a new partner, Hisoka Kurosaki, who is smart mouthed, stubborn, and very defensive. In each case they solve, they get closer to Dr. Kazutaka Muraki, the very twisted man (think Hannibal Lecter only scarier), who raped, placed a curse on, and very slowly murdered Hisoka. Because of this, life in the afterlife is very busy. Tsuzuki's past as to why he died is also revealed.

TSUZUKI IS ONE HOT LOOKING GUY!!!!!!!!!!! :smt118 :smt118 :smt118 :smt118 :smt118 :smt118 :smt118 :smt118 (the type of hotness where you start having fantasies about him as soon as you see him)
"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame." -From Hellsing Ultimate

Please visit my Facebook page. (search under the name "Talya Marsh" if you cannot get there from the link)
Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Hunter Killer » Tue May 02, 2006 4:30 pm

XD indeed. The bad doctor is SO DAM PRETTY.... XX I said to a friend, "If someone that pretty tried to rape me, I'd prolly let 'im." And she nodded.
Hunter Killer
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Anime Trekker » Sun May 07, 2006 12:31 pm

Hunter Killer wrote:XD indeed. The bad doctor is SO DAM PRETTY.... XX I said to a friend, "If someone that pretty tried to rape me, I'd prolly let 'im." And she nodded.

let's see what he did:

1) Sexually Harass Tsuzuki
2) Rape, place a curse, and slowly murder Hisoka
3) Kill several innocent high school girls because the fact they saw Tsuzuki
4) Cause Tsuzuki to go insane
5) Murder his mentor
6) Re-animated Maria Wong's body so she could do his bidding
7) Gave Tsubaki her best friends heart during a transplant, and then gave her an hallucinogen
8 ) To top it off- He keeps the head of his half brother Saki in his laboratory, so he can transplant it to another body and kill him.

To me he is one one the most memorable villains ever created for anime.

Is it just me or does Muraki sound like Hannibal Lecter?
Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

Return to Anime