speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

X, Chobits, Tokyo Babylon, and other CLAMP anime/manga

A distinct form of animated storytelling, anime has legions of fans worldwide.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Anime Trekker » Mon May 02, 2005 1:04 pm

Here are the characters for Chobits (will contain spoilers to the series)

Chi: She is the persocom that Hideki finds in the trash. Initially she could only say "Chi" (hence her name), but later she does learn to say and do other things like shopping. We also find out that she is part of the "Chobits" series. She had an older sister named Freya, but Freya was deactivated due to malfunction.

Hideki: He is the 18 year old who found Chi in the dumpster. In the series, Hideki was just moving to Tokyo to go to prep school. In the manga, he had already attended prep school for six months. Currently he works at the pub "My Pleasure". Hideki was born and raised on a farm in Hokkaido

Shinbo: He's Hideki's best friend. In the anime Hideki and Shinbo meet for the first time, and they are next door neighbors. In the manga, they have known each other for over six months and they live 20 minutes apart from each other. In both versions, they attend the same prep school. Shinbo is the owner of his own little laptop persocom, Sumomo.

Sumomo a.k.a. "Plum": She is Shinbo's laptop persocom, meaning she's only a few inches tall. She's a little bundle of cute wrapped inside of adorable.

Chitose Hibiya: Hideki's apartment manager. She was a scientist and the wife of the inventor of the persocoms. The Chobits series were originally created to be her "Children" because she couldn't have any of her own.
"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame." -From Hellsing Ultimate

Please visit my Facebook page. (search under the name "Talya Marsh" if you cannot get there from the link)
Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Anime Trekker » Mon May 02, 2005 1:19 pm

Minoru Kokubunji: 12 year genius who is the foremost expert on persocoms. He and Hideki become good friends after Hideki brings Chi to his mansion to attempt to analyze her. Minoru custom builds all of his persocoms, with Yuzuki being his favorite. He also has 4 maid type persocoms.

Yuzuki- Minoru's favorite custom built persocom. Everything about her is modeled after Minoru's late sister Kaede.

Yumi Oomura- Hideki's co-worker at "My Pleasure". Everytime someone mentions the word "Persocom" around her she gets sad because she feels that she is not as pretty as human shaped persocoms are.
"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame." -From Hellsing Ultimate

Please visit my Facebook page. (search under the name "Talya Marsh" if you cannot get there from the link)
Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

wow

Postby mydreamreality » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:14 pm

i love clamp. i had all of rayearth and chobits and X and all kinds of little figurines....of course thatz all blown away now, stupid storm, but i will be collected again, soon. i swear, i had at least 7000 dollars worth of anime dvds and posters and toys and stuff...but i completely agree about clamp....
i forgot though, i had all of ceres and mysterious plays...i like them a lot too...drama....heh.
by the way, it was my husband's idea for me to join a forum, heez on a car one and meets lot of new friends...i have like none...so i took his advice...hopefully i will meet new, kool people. love my husband to def, but he doesn't know anime from marvel or a griffon from a dragon....lol.
...my dream reality contours to the lines of my fantasy in which my love-my spirit, will dwell in a luminous relam for all eternity...
mydreamreality
New User
New User

Postby Princess of Fire » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:24 pm

Conbanwa! I love Clamp's mangas. Image....

Image....

SMILES!!!
Princess of Fire
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby fire_goddess » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:29 pm

...i hate clamp mangas...... :cry:
fire_goddess
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby aldan » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:38 am

It's because he's a Car Guy. I've known some. I've known two that actually did enjoy anime, but most are too macho for it. "Gotta be American! Gotta be real! Not like that fake Jap stuff!" Feh.

I know about 15 car guys, to give you an idea of the percentages....
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain
aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Anime Trekker » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:44 pm

A few months ago, I bought the enire 4 volume manga series, Wish. It's a little on the wry and breezy side, but nontheless I liked it.
Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Princess of Fire » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:26 am

My aunt has that series. Unfortunately, she is too stubborn to let me read it.

And...Macho???

Do you mean work out or muscle cars or mixes of both???

*Trading muscles for brains?*
SMILES!!!
Princess of Fire
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Anime Trekker » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:27 am

found this out at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X/1999:

In what was believed to be due to a dispute between CLAMP and the editors of Asuka, the manga was put on hiatus in Japan as of March 2003. Supposedly, Asuka felt the series was becoming too violent, however, CLAMP were unwilling to change their plans for X 's plotline. As a result, X and Gohou Drug, CLAMP's manga being serialised in Asuka at the time, were put on hold indefinitely. In an interview from PUFF magazine which can be viewed here, CLAMP claims that while it was true Asuka believed the series was getting too violent, the primary reasons for X's hiatus were the Great Hanshin earthquake and the Sakakibara incident, both of which devastated Japan. As X portrays earthquakes as a sign of the end of days and contains depictions of extreme mutilation and decapitation, CLAMP decided it was not the right time to release the ending they had planned. It has been rumoured that X will start again in the Summer of 2006, though why Gohou Drug was pulled has yet to be explained.

This explains why the manga X/1999 vol. 19 is late.
Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

Previous

Return to Anime