speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

New Hellsing OAV (Direct to Video anime)

A distinct form of animated storytelling, anime has legions of fans worldwide.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

New Hellsing OAV (Direct to Video anime)

Postby Anime Trekker » Fri May 20, 2005 5:19 pm

From http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6509:

posted on 2005-04-19 02:47:54
source: Anime on DVD
A new Hellsing OVA series is being produced in cooperation with Geneon Entertainment, according to an annoucement at the MipTV tradeshow in France. The number of episodes is unknown, but they will be 35 minutes long and based on the Hellsing manga series.

From http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6511:

posted on 2005-04-19 12:41:04
source: Anime on DVD
Hellsing Ultimate OVA Series

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anime on DVD has acquired information released by Geneon at the MIP TV trade show in France regarding a couple of new shows that Geneon is involved with or has licensed.

The first is a brand new Hellsing OAV series.

Geneon is listed as the North American and Japanese distributor for the new Hellsing OAV series. According to the one-sheet, the "Hellsing Ultimate OVA Series" is "based on original comic." Reliable information that we have received from industry sources tells us that the series will be much more faithful to the original manga than the TV series. Also of note, while Gonzo's parent company, GDH, is listed as the Asian and European license holder for the OAV, they are not significantly involved in the production of the new series.

The one-sheet lists the episodes as 35 minutes each but does not provide any information on the number of episodes.

I would like to see this OAV make it stateside.
"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame." -From Hellsing Ultimate

Please visit my Facebook page. (search under the name "Talya Marsh" if you cannot get there from the link)
Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Mr_D » Sat May 21, 2005 6:07 am

I heard about this a while ago and to be honest I'm absolutely thrilled! Despite the fact that the original is despised by most anime fans I enjoyed it, although the plot did weaken after it diverged from the source material. Hopefully they'll finish the entire series, seeing as the manga seems to be coming to an end. I can't wait for the london invasion! Evil vampire nazi's vs Dracula! How can it go wrong?
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Magus » Sat May 21, 2005 8:19 am

I saw part of Hellsing a while back, it was on channel 535 (action channel) on a Friday night when they show a lot of anime. My TV was blocking it and so I had to get my dad to unblock it... for every single episode. He went to bed at about eleven or so and after the current episode was over I was forced to abandon watching the show, for I wasn't going to wake him up for the sole purpose of unblocking a channel.

What I saw was extremely entertaining, and I wish to someday finish it. It was really quite good.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Anime Trekker » Sat May 21, 2005 2:49 pm

I have the entire DVD box set of the series (got it for Christmas a couple of years ago).

The only problem I have with the series was that the ending was too abrupt.
"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame." -From Hellsing Ultimate

Please visit my Facebook page. (search under the name "Talya Marsh" if you cannot get there from the link)
Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Dr_Love » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:41 pm

Is it EVERY episode? I hope so.
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden
Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Ranryu » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:39 pm

It had better be. Even though the Hellsing out at the moment is pretty good; it lacked character development.
When in Doubt Reload and Repeat.

(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Cut, copy, and paste bunny onto your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.
Ranryu
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Dr_Love » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:01 pm

Besides showing that Alucard is insane they didn't really have alot of time to get the others in. Less than 20 episodes i mean really what could they get done in that amount of time?
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden
Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Ranryu » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:09 pm

A few excellent fights and a good amount of explosions. :twisted:
When in Doubt Reload and Repeat.

(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Cut, copy, and paste bunny onto your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.
Ranryu
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Dr_Love » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:37 am

Yea thats bout it. Oh well.
Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Dr_Love » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:40 am

The site in the first post is awesome as heck. I'm gonna use it all the time now.
Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Return to Anime