speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Favorite Anime fight scene

A distinct form of animated storytelling, anime has legions of fans worldwide.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Favorite Anime fight scene

Postby Anime Trekker » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:54 pm

Well this thread is all about anime fight scenes, and we all know that anime has some great fight scenes. So if you know one, post it here.

My favorite:

Asuka Langely Sohryu vs. 9 Mass Produced EVA's from Neon Genesis Evangelion: End of Evangelion. This was a great fight scene from when our hot-headded heroine started chanting "I don't want to die" till the moment she was killed when the EVA's resurrected themselves. She dodges and gives the one inch punch to nukes, tosses battleships like balls towards the invading UN Ground forces, and kicks annoying helicopters. Basically she trashed the entire UN Force single-handedly. For dessert, SHE SHREDS 9 MASS PRODUCED EVA'S IN 3 1/2 MINUTES!!!!!!!! Too bad she was killed when the EVA's resurrected themselves.

A warning should be sent out to Seele and the UN: "Do not mess with a psychotic female robot pilot who is extremely ticked off."

This fight scene also had some great lines:

"Even without my umbilical cable, I still have 12,000 plates of fortified armor. And I have my AT Field!!!!!!"

"I cannot be defeated!!!! Not with momma watching over me!!!!!!!"

When she was about to get killed she chanted "I'll kill you. I'll kill you."

Plus that line that's currently in my sig. It's the part of the fight when Misato ordered her to destroy the rest of the EVA series.
"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame." -From Hellsing Ultimate

Please visit my Facebook page. (search under the name "Talya Marsh" if you cannot get there from the link)
Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Magus » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:58 pm

I like nearly ALL of the Yu Yu Hakusho fight Scenes.

I loved many of the Gundam Wing Battles. My favorites would have to be the Epyon vrs Wing Zero of the final episodes and the Wufei vrs Wing Zero in Endless Waltz.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Manji » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:08 am

I've always been quite fond of the ending battle montage off of 'Samurai X: Truth and Betrayl"

Cowboy Bebop Episode 5: Ballad of Fallen Angels. Serious John Woo style gunfights with great music.

The last episode of Trigun. Vash and his brother REALLY go at it.
No more holding back from Vash. That heavy-drinking peace loving hippy wants blood!

Jinjei and Kenshin. Two manslayers go at it. Once again, a peace loving hippy encounters his suppressed blood-lust. This one episode almost made me forgive Kenshin for being a wimp. Almost. But, that's what 'the man' wants me to do. So no.

Cowboy Bebop: Stairway to Heaven (The motion picture) The fight between Spike and the terrorist on the SubWay . . . GRRREAT!

The last episode of 08th MS team: The ace pilot in the GOUF against the entirity of the 08th team. NEVER have I seen a guy ACTUALLY rip off his own arm and use it as a weapon. Even though it was just a robot . . . .

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. Any fight in that movie. D just kicks so much ass. He's the anime Clint Eastwood.
Manji
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Anime Trekker » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:42 pm

Funniest Fight scene: Asuka/Shinji vs the 5th (or was it the 6th) Angel in Neon Genesis Evangelion episode 8 "Asuka Strikes!" Shinji was forced to wear a plug suit meant to be worn by a girl! :lol: Not only that, but as he was in the same Entry Plug as Asuka helping her out, Asuka keeps on hitting him in the head saying "DON"T YOU BREAK MY EVA WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!!" and "GET OUT OF MY LAP YOU PERVERT!!!!" As soon as the fight was over and they were walking down the stairway, Toji and Kensuke (Shinji's friends) said "Hey!!! NICE FIGURE!!!!"
"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame." -From Hellsing Ultimate

Please visit my Facebook page. (search under the name "Talya Marsh" if you cannot get there from the link)
Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Magus » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:47 pm

GAH! How could I have forgotten Rurouni Kenshin!

I like the fight with Jinei. I also like his fight with the Oniwaban Group, Raijuta (The episodes with him had the awesome synthesized music, easily the best shown in the series) and, of course, the one with Saito.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Manji » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:11 pm

Near the end of Samurai X: Trust and Betrayl' it shows Saito and Kenshin fighting for the first time. It was great.
Manji
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Talon Sinnah » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:34 am

Spike vs Vicious: A- Ballad of Fallen Angels
B- Real Folk Blues.... I think.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Mr_D » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:57 am

Berserk: 100 man fight. Say no more.

Berserk: Guts Vs Griffith duel rematch. Everything about it was perfection, Guts fights for his freedom against his loyal friend and leader to whom he had pledged his allegiance years ago. The pure tension as these two spectacular fighters stand ready to fight, both knowing that the fight will be over in one blow, probably the only fight where I actually felt like cheering at it's conclusion. A friend of mine actually did!

Cowboy bebop: Spike Vs Vincent rematch. I never thought such smooth animation was possible, the camera panning and sweeping along with the battle, from a technical stand point it's a masterpiece, the fighting itself looks like a genuine fight, brutal and swift with no macho posturing or pausing for effect.

Tekkaman Blade: The entire last two episodes: it's a shame that hardly anyone knows of this series because it really is great. The final episodes showcase the battles between blade and his twin brother as they fight through the orbital ring, down to earth and back up. Blade emerges victorious, what follows is probably one of the most genuinely emotional moments I've ever seen in a fictional story.

Then there's the ultimate battle between Blade and his older brother *beep* alien commander Omega. Blade's mind is shattered from the stress of using the transformation, and he's fighting on pure instinct, trapped in a berserker fury, as the fight ends we see yet another touching moment of sadness as Blade bids his brother farewell, "Brother, let's go home..." before tumbling down to earth.

Berserk: The Eclipse The reason most Berserk viewers can recognize each other instantly: the haunted look of a war veteran that comes from watching the last three episodes of Berserk, it's not something that can be described to you, you have to see it for yourself. You weren't there! You'll never know! *Shivers uncontrollably*
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Magus » Sun May 01, 2005 9:20 pm

I haven't seen Tekkeman Blade, but I have seen Tekkeman Blade II. That was pretty cool too.

Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned this already or not, but the Wing Zero vrs Nataku in Endless Waltz was awesomely... well, awesomely awesome.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Manji » Sat May 07, 2005 7:54 pm

How in the name of god could I forget the 100 man fight!?
The only real problem I had with it was the over abundance of still animations.
Manji
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Magus » Sat May 07, 2005 10:13 pm

I really need to get my hands on Berserk, especially with everything I've been hearing about it lately.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Mr_D » Sun May 08, 2005 6:00 am

I've said it a million times before, Berserk is a work of pure genius. Just don't read the spoilers in the 'most dramatic moments' topic or you'll ruin one of the greatest plot twists since "I am your father".
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Next

Return to Anime