speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Favorite Anime fight scene

A distinct form of animated storytelling, anime has legions of fans worldwide.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Talon Sinnah » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:53 am

BALLAD OF FALLEN ANGELS!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Dr_Love » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:05 pm

OMG!!! In Yu-Yu-Hakusho...The three kings saga...'Yusuke vs. Yumi' It WAS AWESOME...OMG!>!>!>!>!>!>!>!>
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden
Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Qray » Sat May 06, 2006 11:45 pm

The first fight between Mugen and Jinn in the teahouse in Episode One of Samurai Shamploo, Tempestuous Temperaments.

IMO, it's one of the best fight scenes of the series. Showcasing how Mugen's capoeira-esque/break-dance "Champuru Kendo" fighting style counterbalances Jinn's Mujushin Kenjutsu discipline.

The jerking camera angles and the arcs of light (representing sword cuts) combine to add additional visual appeal and speed to an already increadible fight scene. The only negative thing I could say about it is that was far too brief.
Qray

Blog: View Blog (49)

Postby SchoolTheOld » Mon May 08, 2006 10:42 am

Hm...I like the Ranma 1/2 fight scenes, they're just really funny! (Ranma uses the table, and Kuno counters with the brother attack!) hehe

DBZ before it got uberpowerful was ok...

Hellsing is awesome.

Some of the others I've seen, but don't really remember.. :roll: gomenasai...
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Forever Zero » Wed May 31, 2006 5:07 pm

Pretty much any fight in Samurai Champloo. Notably the final ones. After Jin gets defeated, he just looks so cool... with his hair down and stuff. You can tell he's ready to beat someone down. No more of this samurai discipline crap.

Harry McDougal versus Hazanko in Outlaw Star was always one of my favorites. I love the fact that he's still half alive afterward... completely redeems his character, I think.

Its not technically an anime... but freaking EVERYTHING in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. The most amazing fight scenes ever, by far. Especially Tifa versus Loz, anything involving Cloud, and especially the final fight between Cloud and Sephiroth.

Spike versus Vincent in the Cowboy Bebop movie was a good one, too. Just a straight-on brawl between two skilled fighters. Its a nice break from every other anime out there where everyone can control the universe and destroy planets and whatnot.
So it shall be written, and so it shall be done.
Forever Zero
New User
New User

Postby Qray » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:09 pm

Forever Zero wrote:Pretty much any fight in Samurai Champloo. Notably the final ones. After Jin gets defeated, he just looks so cool... with his hair down and stuff. You can tell he's ready to beat someone down. No more of this samurai discipline crap.

WB Forever Zero!

That was a great scene. I agree with you that pretty much any fight scene in the series is increadible. Particularly any that feature Jin and Mugen fighting each other. Shinichiro Watanabe has a great way of "shooting" those fight sequences that IMO really highlights not only the erratic style of Mugen, but both Mugen's and Jin's quickness. I particularly enjoy the way Watanabe goes for a camera angle that shows Mugen sweeping in low before either executing an attack move, or bounding off to the side and attacking from a different angle. Very good "camera work" which only adds to the entire scene.

If anyone has yet to see the series, you can watch the trailer for it at Madman's Site. In the trailer there are some clips from the teahouse fight sequence I mentioned a few posts back.

Jin: You're the lowest of the low.
Mugen: What'd you say?
Jin: Your stance leaves you wide open, and your moves are totally inefficient. All in all, your fighting style is a mess.
Mugen: You son of a...
Jin: I swear, you are the most undisciplined fighter I've ever known...
Mugen: Shut your damn mouth!
Jin: ...and the only one I wasn't able to kill.
-Samurai Champloo
Qray

Blog: View Blog (49)

Postby Dragonfleet » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:02 pm

Full Metal Panic: The scene where Sousuke uses the lamba driver for the first time.

Full Metal Alchemist: Pretty much every fight especially the Roy vs Ed. God Mustang is awesome. :D

ROD TV - Maggie vs Sonny Wong at Dokusensha's Hong Kong offices.

Berserk: Every single fight, especially the first fight between Griffith and Gutts.

Cowboy Bebop - I personally like fights with Jet. I also enjoyed the fight between Vincent and Spike.

Dragonball Z: When Krillin hopelessly attacks Cell after seeing Android 18 being consumed. I thought it was a rather emotional scene.

Gundam 0079 - Any of the fights involving Char!
Gundam 0073 - Gato's attack on Mirai Island and his last stand at the end.
Gundam Seed - Kira vs Athrun.

Last Exile - The final fight against the Guild.

Gasaraki - The final battle between the Gowa TA mech's against the American ones.

That's all that comes to mind atm.
Dragonfleet
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Dr_Love » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:53 pm

NARUTO: Maruto vs. Sasuke...OH YEA, if you know anything bout this show you'll understand what i mean.
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden
Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Previous

Return to Anime