speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Gunsmith Cats

A distinct form of animated storytelling, anime has legions of fans worldwide.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Gunsmith Cats

Postby Magus » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:00 pm

What do you all think of this show? Personally I loved it! It was pretty cool. Unusual chase music but awesome none the less. Yay jazz! It was a decent plot with a lot of fitting action to it. I also love how it was set in Chicago. There just aren't enough stories, of any media, that take place in Chicago. Awesome car too!

I've asked around and I do have a question. Am I the only one who's reminded of Beverly Hills Cop 2 whenever I watch this show. Don't get me wrong. Gunsmith Cats is an awesome work of art and is purely;y original. For some reason I just keep thinking of this movie whenever I watch it. Nobody else I know who've seen it have this strange connection made. So am I crazier then even I think or are there others. What did you like and dislike about the show? How'd it sit with the rest of you?
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Anime Trekker » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:09 pm

Yeah, I loved this show as well.

Hey Magus, you may want to check out the movie "Riding Bean" because Minnie May Hopkins and Rally Vincent are partners with the movies main character, Bean Bandit. The thing is though, the movie was released a few years before "Gunsmith Cats", and the movie is set a few years before.

Too bad that ADV films is no longer allowing cable networks to air their anime, with the exception of "Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi" (on G4TechTV) and "The Super Milk Chan Show" (On Cartoon Network's Adult Swim). With the Exception of those two, ADV is airing all of their anime on The Anime Network (which is owned by ADV), which is a VOD (Video on Demand) service.
"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame." -From Hellsing Ultimate

Please visit my Facebook page. (search under the name "Talya Marsh" if you cannot get there from the link)
Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Magus » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:43 pm

I'll keep an eye out for that. I found Gunsmith Cats to be freshly original and pleasingly Jazzy. And, somehow, it reminded me a bit of Beverly Hill Cop II... I don't know why though.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby aldan » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:26 am

Riding Bean is a tough one to find. I've been looking for it for several years now on DVD, though I do have GSC on DVD. I like the voice-overs for it. Nice extra, that...
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain
aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Anime Trekker » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:13 pm

aldan wrote:Riding Bean is a tough one to find. I've been looking for it for several years now on DVD, though I do have GSC on DVD. I like the voice-overs for it. Nice extra, that...

I was able to find Riding Bean at my local Suncoast store, but I didn't buy it because I'm right in the middle of collecting Wolf's Rain(got 6 of the 7 volumes), InuYasha, and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

You might want to check out these places:

http://www.amazon.com
http://www.animecornerstore.com
http://www.buy.com
http://www.overstock.com
http://www.animecastle.com
A local used DVD store. I have found that places like Slackers Used Games and Cd's, and Gamestop carry used anime for like $9.99
"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame." -From Hellsing Ultimate

Please visit my Facebook page. (search under the name "Talya Marsh" if you cannot get there from the link)
Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Magus » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:06 pm

Thanks for the information. I'll keep my eye peeled and wallet open should I ever find it.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Manji » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:49 am

I liked the accuracy and details of the firearms and weapons. Sonada is a gun-nut (as am I) and gave a lot of attention into the firearms.
Manji
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby dustbow » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:13 am

Ive heard of it and i want to see it..........................
♥†♥ OwNaGe ♥†♥
dustbow
New User
New User

Postby aldan » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:45 pm

With Riding Bean especially, but also with GSC, you have guns and cars and hot chicks. Okay, what is there that the stereotypical guy wouldn't like? The fact that there's not any hot sex in it? I'm okay with that, myself, since toons getting it on just does nothing for me. Of course, I'm not all that stereotypical (I think)...
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain
aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Magus » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:02 am

I myself have never been really interested in cars, except for maybe one... the 1965 Ford Mustang, which seems to be making a lot of TV appearances as of late. Lucky me they have the one car I care about in the show. Plus, jazz makes for very interesting chase music.

:rofl:

Very awesome.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Return to Anime