speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Yu Yu Hakusho

A distinct form of animated storytelling, anime has legions of fans worldwide.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Yu Yu Hakusho

Postby Magus » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:06 pm

I thought that this was an awesome show! It was funny with well rounded characters, maybe not Kuwabara so much. It was funny as hell, my sister agrees. It was action packed and full of drama. It had many good quotes, many of them I use. My favorite is:

"Tired hands are better then none." - Kurama

It sounds like the Tolkien quote:

"The burnt hand teaches best."

It had good music and a good story. I actually cried in the first episode, and I am a guy who is not prone to crying. Can't wait to see how the dark tournament ends (even though it only makes sense that Yuske will win). What do the rest of you think?
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Raven_inthedark » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:13 pm

i love the show its funny and sometimes confusing
" i am the Raven int he dark..."

Am i dark or Am i just Misunderstood?
Raven_inthedark
New User
New User

Postby Magus » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:53 pm

I loved the first episode especially. And, while ashamed to admit it, I cried the first time I saw it. Not much, just a little leak from the eye, nothing like whenever I watch The Little Princess, but it was there.

The fight scenes I love so much because it shows an intelligence behind fighting that you find so little of in T.V. and is usually reserved for more text-based endeavors. Also the plot is highly linear and the characters moving and complex. EXCELLENT SHOW!
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby dustbow » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:12 am

Good show man i wish they show all episodes on cartoon network
♥†♥ OwNaGe ♥†♥
dustbow
New User
New User

Postby Dr_Love » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:16 pm

Yea, not to mention that drawing isn't that bad on them. And the depth of each character is pretty good too.
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden
Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Return to Anime