speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

AMV'S

A distinct form of animated storytelling, anime has legions of fans worldwide.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

AMV'S

Postby Magus » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:10 pm

Posted By: Magus Oct 30, 2004 - 08:36 am

AMV's are Anime Music Videos for those of you who don't know. They're actually quite entertaining if they're done right. Have any of you watched any or know of any good ones?

My two favorite ones both come from the same place, Hotfudgeproductions.org. They have one that's Yu Yu Hakusho to the Ghostbuster's Theme Song. They also have another that's Gundam Wing to Pat Benetar's "Invincible". They're both pretty awsome and worth the watch.

Posted By: Magus Nov 07, 2004 - 01:05 pm

I found a funny AMV just now. It's an Inuyasha one, focussing on Shippo, that uses the song "Fox on the Run.

Posted By: Magus Nov 07, 2004 - 01:18 pm

I also found another AMV from the same place, here. This one focussed on the complexities of the relationships. While long, it's very touching.

Posted By: Anime_Trekker a.k.a Captain Marsh Nov 10, 2004 - 02:05 pm

I'm not much into the music video scene anymore, but I do listen to some Anime Music/Japanese Pop/Japanese Rock at www.live365.com . Here's what you do there:

Select International
Then find a station called "Anime Hardcore Radio 1"

Posted By: Magus Nov 10, 2004 - 02:07 pm

For some reason I'm never able to access videos hosted by www.animemusicvideos.org. I don't know why. But it does limit what I can view.

Posted By: Mutsunokami Nov 10, 2004 - 02:34 pm

My favorite AMV is Evangeleon - Bohemian Rhapsody. Very nice timing and good scene selection.

Posted By: Magus Nov 10, 2004 - 02:49 pm

I'll look into it. I can only imagine how that one will be, what with the Bohemian Rhapsody and all. It sounds like it'll be an interesting mix.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Dr_Love » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:24 am

I have a few AMV's but I'm always willing to get more....anyone got a site i can use to get good AMV's?
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden
Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Magus » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:27 am

Go here. There are two very amusing videos there. One is Yu YU Hakusho with the theme from Ghostbusters and the other is Gundam wing with Pat Benetar's "Invincible".
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Dr_Love » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:59 am

Thanks I'll give them a look, hopefully they will be added to my collection of videos.
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden
Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Dr_Love » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:42 am

Right now i'm really looking for Beserk episodes. But really any anime episodes i don't care what ones, but mostly Beserk.
Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Ranryu » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:28 pm

I have been looking for most of them as well but due to recent relocation that I have put my carcase through I have been severely limited in what I have been able to find.

At one time I had a friend in Japan that done Subs and I would get them directly from him.
But for the past 3 months I have completely lost contact with him.
So I have nothing.
When in Doubt Reload and Repeat.

(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Cut, copy, and paste bunny onto your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.
Ranryu
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Dr_Love » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:17 am

Does anyone have any good sites that offer full episodes of beserk or any music videos?
Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Ranryu » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:21 am

Nope, but the search engines might help.

(\__/) This is Bunny.
Ranryu
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Dr_Love » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:09 pm

Yea, i've been doing just that..and all i can find is a bunch of wanna-be sites. They suck.
Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Ranryu » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:35 pm

Sounds about right.

(\__/) This is Bunny.
Ranryu
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Dr_Love » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:10 pm

I've found alot of love story videos. Like Sailor Moon based videos with love songs in the background..... At saying that i want you to know this type of video gives me a twitch that i can't control....for fear of actually getting into the video it's self.
Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Ranryu » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:43 am

I think I may have two of those things collecting dust in the back of my storage drive.

:twisted: I will send them to you if you want.

(\__/) This is Bunny.
Ranryu
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Next

Return to Anime