speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Gundam Wing

A distinct form of animated storytelling, anime has legions of fans worldwide.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Gundam Wing

Postby Magus » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:11 pm

Posted By: Magus Nov 10, 2004 - 01:38 pm

I can't believe I hadn't already posted a topic for, arguably, the greatest anime show of all time! Well, here it is.

This is, arguably, the greatest anime show of all time. It has a masterful and highly emotional and political plot. The character developement is astounding, having huge leaps and changes is over half of a dozen main characters. The imagination it takes is amazing while not going so far as to not be believable. It's truly a master work. Too bad that it's so short.

I have the entire show on a VCD collection I got off E-Bay for $26.00. I'm watching the whole thing again, started on Sunday.

Posted By: Hyperion Nov 12, 2004 - 02:28 pm

Heheh it is a GREt series, but I m afraid I calss GITS as way way way better Botyh series and movies

Hyperion

Posted By: Magus Nov 12, 2004 - 02:52 pm

The movie was awsome! My friend and I only had one complaint, that it ended the series. We loved it so we hated seeing it die. It was just that good.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Awsome

Postby Dr_Love » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:28 am

The whole gundam searies was awsome...i wish there was more than what there is....i want more lol.
Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Magus » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:24 pm

Gundam Wing was Awesome, this includes Endless Waltz. 08th MS Team was good. I didn't particularly care for the original Gundam or for G Gundam. I haven't seen the others yet.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Manji » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:24 am

you didn't like the original Gundam but you liked Gundam Wing? How? The original was so much better. It accurately portrayed life during war time. One minute, the writers were building relationships with the people on the ship. The next, the people the last two episodes built up are dead. The bad guys weren't bad guys. The good guys weren't good guys. Everyone was just in this grey zone.
Oh, and Gundam Wing is basically just a retelling of the original. It's like an Alternate Universe. It's not Gundam Canon.
"Wait, you're telling me Jesus Christ threw up the horns?"-Tycho
"Yeah, man. jesus is F'in Metal"-Gabe

"The road to happiness is paved with a healthy nicotine addiction and aversion to clean air."- Niego.
Manji
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Dr_Love » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:48 am

I watched Gundam Wing before the others, but I enjoyed all the different Gundam shows. I only liked the original because it was original and gave me an idea of how it all started. Even though i haven't seen Gundam Seed I still have to say that Wing was the best of them all...in my opinion.
Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Return to Anime