speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Harry Potter movie release dates

JK Rowling's wizard has captured the world's imagination.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Harry Potter movie release dates

Postby Arcadia » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:12 pm

Box Office Mojo is reporting that the sixth film, Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince, is set to be released on November 21st, 2008. WB has confirmed to us that this is indeed the actual release date. Let the countdown begin!

Steve Kloves will return to write the screenplay for HBP. A director has yet to be chosen. The fifth film, Order of the Phoenix, will hit theaters July 13th, 2007.

This is from Mugglenet.com
Arcadia
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Re: Harry Potter movie release dates

Postby Sindatur » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:36 pm

Arcadia wrote:

Steve Kloves will return to write the screenplay for HBP. A director has yet to be chosen. The fifth film, Order of the Phoenix, will hit theaters July 13th, 2007.

This is from Mugglenet.com

This is kind of a shame. I was hoping Book 7 might be released on 07-07-07, but, the marketing depts of Schoolastic and WB would never allow book 7 and Movie 5 to be released that close together. Hopefully it means Book 7 will be released early 2007, but, not likely if we don't hear something soon. I can't imagine Book 7 being any closer to a release date of a movie than 4 months, and it takes about 4-6 months to release after word is given, so we would need to hear by Oct to Dec 2006 in order for it to be releassed by Mar 2007.
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby HulloKitty202 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:11 am

Wow, that would be very cool for the book to be released on 7-07. I'm not sure it isnt possible.
"The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present"
-Hobbes from "Calvin and Hobbes"
HulloKitty202
New User
New User

Postby Bmat » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:51 pm

It would have been fun (for viewers) if the movies could have been made every year so that the kids would age in the movies as in RL. They would have had to be released that soon. I'd like to see the same actors continue the parts, but people get older, and they may want to move on with their lives after so many years.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Sindatur » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:04 pm

Of Harry, Ron and Hermione, it looks like all them will indeed be in at least until the sixth film. Dan Radcliffe (Harry) and Rupert Grint(Ron) seem to definitely be in it for the whole run, only Emma Watson (Hermione) seems to be a doubt for film 7 (and after 6, why not go ahead and do the 7th?), Tom Felton (Malfoy) said long ago he was in for the whole run.

Assuming the pattern of 1 1/2 years holds, the principals would be (In Film 7):

Dan/Harry: Start filming at 20, end at 21
Rupert/Ron: Start filming at 20, end at 21
Emma/Hermione start filming at 19, end at 20
Tom Felton/Malfoy start filming at 22, end at 23

And they will be playing 17 year olds at the start of the film, 18 year olds at the end of the film, so not a big deal at all, when we can have so many teen High School TV series with 30 year olds playing High Schoolers.
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Bmat » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:56 pm

Thanks, Sindatur! That isn't as bad as I thought.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Sindatur » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:40 pm

Bmat wrote:Thanks, Sindatur! That isn't as bad as I thought.

There's some really cool first look pics of the Marauders linked through Leaky Cauldrom (And probably Mugglenet and all the other HP sites). The Wormtail actor is really an impressive likeness, as is the Snape one. The other maruaders didn't strike me as anything speacial, but, I wouldn't really expect them to.
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Sindatur » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:25 am

Well, according to SciFi Wire, Dan Radcliffe, and Rupert Grint have both signed on for the last two movies. Emma Watson, has recently been rumored to not be comtinuing, but, according to SciFi Wire, is almost definitely gonna sign on for the final two movies.
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby aldan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:10 am

I'd think that would be wise, since she's already done so many, and there are only two left, so it would probably be in her best interest.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain
aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Return to Harry Potter