speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Who dies? (Spoiler about Book 7)

JK Rowling's wizard has captured the world's imagination.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Who dies? (Spoiler about Book 7)

Postby Bmat » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:53 pm

http://www.quick-quote-quill.org/articl ... djudy.html

So JKR says that 2 main characters die :

Jo: The final chapter is hidden away, although it has now changed very slightly. One character got a reprieve, but I have to say two die that I didn't intend to die ...

Judy: Two much loved ones?

Jo: Well, you know. A price has to be paid. We are dealing with pure evil. They don't target the extras do they? They go for the main characters, or I do.

Richard: We don't care about the extras. You told your husband - obviously you confide in him all things ...

Jo: Well, not everything. That would be reckless.

Richard: That would be stupid, lets be honest. You did tell him which ones were for the chop and apparently he shuddered and said "No, not that one."

Jo: He did on one of them, yeah.

So, one character that even shocked her husband that would die.

Who will the two characters be? And which got a reprieve?
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Bmat » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:04 pm

The main (and loved) characters are who?

Harry
Ron
Hermione
Neville
Hagrid

And the following, who are maybe secondary characters?

McGonnegal
the Weasleys

And Snape, but we don't know if he is good or bad.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Sindatur » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:14 am

You forgot to include a Werewolf.

And then of course, one of my favorites, who I fear will die, but, barely anyone will care is Dobby.

Luna and Tonks may cause some tears too, if they were to die. Especially Tonks if lupin lives.
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Poisonbabyfood » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:32 am

Hagrid seems possible.
It is quite true that the clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society.
Poisonbabyfood
New User
New User

Postby Bmat » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:45 pm

Sindatur wrote:You forgot to include a Werewolf.

And then of course, one of my favorites, who I fear will die, but, barely anyone will care is Dobby.

Luna and Tonks may cause some tears too, if they were to die. Especially Tonks if lupin lives.

Would we include Luna, Lupin, Tonks, and Dobby as main characters? What about Cho?
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Sindatur » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:56 pm

Bmat wrote:
Sindatur wrote:You forgot to include a Werewolf.

Would we include Luna, Lupin, Tonks, and Dobby as main characters? What about Cho?

Lupin, I think you gotta include. Dobby, no, he probably shouldn't be included, but, I was expressing it will break my heart if the little guy gets killed, which I'm afraid he will (I see him leading the House Elves into the battle when it becomes most dire). Luna is debateable as the Trio became 6 in OotP. Tonks, again, probably not.
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Bmat » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:57 pm

What is your opinion about the Weasleys? and McGonegal.

What I am trying to do is to come up with a list of possible characters to be killed as indicated in the interview. Main characters.

I'd hate for any of the 4 main characters- Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, to be killed. So if the list is longer- by including Hagrid, McGonegal, Mr and Mrs Weasley, the twins, and maybe Dobby and Lupin, then it lessens the chance that the major heartbreaking death isn't one of the main 4. Even though, I really don't like to think that any of them would be killed.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Sindatur » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:26 am

Weasleys - There are simply too many of them, too involved in the war. The odds are so highly stacked against them, I don't see how they can make it through Book 7 without losing someone.

Ron, Harry, Hermione, Neville (Ginny, Luna) - Hard to believe all 6 will survive.

McG, Hagrid, Lupin, Moody, Snape - Good chance at least one of them will die.

Most Likely (IMHO):
Harry or Neville
Ron or Hermione
Another Weasley (Not one of the twins, unless it happens
pretty early in the book, as I believe JKR would want to deeply explore the loss felt by the other)
McG or Hagrid (something tells me Lupin will survive)

I would consider everyone above a "Major" character, with the possible exception of Moody, Ginny, Luna
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Merle » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:01 am

I think that's a pretty likely list, Sindatur. I think to make Jo's husband gasp, it would have to be one of the six kids, or possibly Molly, Arthur, or Hagrid.

We already know Hagrid is tough to kill from how he warded off several witches and wizards in OotP. And now he has his brother as a protector, as well. One scenario would be if Hagrid had a chance at Snape - Hagrid would kill him on sight, for sure - and Snape got the better of him.

Personally, I think Harry should invest in a nice M4 assault rifle.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.
Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Bmat » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:50 am

I have to agree, if the character's death makes JKR's husband gasp, that it has to be a main character. One of the main three, in fact, which I hate the thought of.

I've talked to more than one person who feels that it will be Harry, Ron, or Hermione.

What a disappointment if this is the case. I hope it isn't so.

edited to add: :( I have talked to three people in the last week who all say they think it will be Harry.

I think it would be a very cold and bleak ending for Harry to die. Bad enough if it would be Ron or Hermione. We have seen all three from the time they were new to Hogwarts, it doesn't seem right in a children's series for this to happen. My husband pointed out that it may have been a children's series at first but that now it is not.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Nomad » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:15 pm

I am still going with Nevill :evil:
Site Regular
Site Regular

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby who me » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:44 am

I strongly suspect that some Wesley will die. they have had to many close calls in the past.
the clock's hands are and have been at mortal peril for some time ( not exactly a subtle hint) Lucius Malfoy's hatred of the Weaslys is obvious. the only weasly not on my could die list is Percy. prats like that just don't die.
I have this strange feeling that Hagrid will die.
who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (11)

Next

Return to Harry Potter