speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Who dies? (Spoiler about Book 7)

JK Rowling's wizard has captured the world's imagination.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Bmat » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:41 pm

Hagrid's brother doesn't seem to have much of a function. Maybe he'll go.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby elamont » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:07 am

I've heard that it will be Harry just about everywhere. According to all the gossip, the author is "sick" of the character. Not sure how much truth there is in gossip though...But, I always find that there is SOME truth in everything.
Erin
love spells
tarot readings
elamont
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Sindatur » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:37 pm

elamont wrote:I've heard that it will be Harry just about everywhere. According to all the gossip, the author is "sick" of the character. Not sure how much truth there is in gossip though...But, I always find that there is SOME truth in everything.
Erin
love spells
tarot readings

First, JKR's recent quote is "Two will die who weren't originally intended to, and 1 has gotten a reprieve, who was originally going to die."

So, really, according to that quote, it's possible every single character in the books, except for 1 may die. I doubt that will be the case, but, I also doubt only one will die.

Second, JKR is very secretive and doesn't even tell her husband alot of things, so Gossip surrounding her intentions is completely worthless, unless it's based upon her interviews or her website. I've never heard her say anything remotely like "I'm sick of HP Character". What she has said is when the final book is done, the series has no need to go on any longer. She has also indicated it will be nice to write in a different universe for a change, and she has joked that she just might kill Harry so no one can contaminate her universe with non-canon novels. Mostly her comments are sayinf that she will not stretch it just to make money off it. It's always been planned for 7 books, and it will only be 7, period.
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Bmat » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:51 pm

JKR describes herself as a children's writer. I don't think it would be a good children's book to have the main character die. Harry has been on the side of good, and good should be victor.

I am trying to convince myself that it won't be Harry. Although I don't want it to be any of the other main characters either. There is precedence though in having a sidekick die at the end.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:15 pm

I agree Bmat however I just get this bad feeling its going to be Hermione. Dont know why, just the feeling i get
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Harry Potter