speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Horcrux question

JK Rowling's wizard has captured the world's imagination.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Horcrux question

Postby Bmat » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:38 pm

!6 year old Valdemort was in the diary that we discover was a Horcrux. Does this mean that the 16 year old that is in the diary is the part of V's soul that he stored there? How otherwise do we know that it was a Horcrux?
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Merle » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:22 pm

Only that Dumbledore said so.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.
Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Re: Horcrux question

Postby Sindatur » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:43 pm

Bmat wrote:!6 year old Valdemort was in the diary that we discover was a Horcrux. Does this mean that the 16 year old that is in the diary is the part of V's soul that he stored there? How otherwise do we know that it was a Horcrux?

Yes, a Horcux is the explanation we were waiting for on the Diary. Interesting point, I had never thought of, his first Horcrux was at 16. Do the remaining Horcruxes contain older versions of his soul pieces?
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Re: Horcrux question

Postby Bmat » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:24 pm

Sindatur wrote:
Bmat wrote:!6 year old Valdemort was in the diary that we discover was a Horcrux. Does this mean that the 16 year old that is in the diary is the part of V's soul that he stored there? How otherwise do we know that it was a Horcrux?

Yes, a Horcux is the explanation we were waiting for on the Diary. Interesting point, I had never thought of, his first Horcrux was at 16. Do the remaining Horcruxes contain older versions of his soul pieces?

I wonder if as the Horcruxes are located if Harry will have interaction with V at whatever age he was when he created it, just as he had interaction with the 16 year old.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

A different Horcrux question

Postby Sindatur » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:17 am

Has anyone gone back and looked at the gleam in Dumbledore's eye at the end of GoF, keeeping the idea of Harry being a Horcrux (Accidental or otherwise) in mind? Do you recall what part of the story Harry was relating when Dumbledore gleamed? Is it possible that something in Harry's story verified for Dumbledore that Harry was in fact not a Horcrux, or if it verified for him that Harry is a Horcrux, is it possible that Dumbledore saw a way this might be an advantage to Harry, and that Harry wouldn't have to die in order to defeat Voldemort?
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Return to Harry Potter