speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Deathly Hallows has artwork now

JK Rowling's wizard has captured the world's imagination.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Deathly Hallows has artwork now

Postby Sindatur » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:10 pm

See Amazon.com for the artwork for Book 7. You may find better pics at your favorite HP Blog, such as Leaky Cauldron or Mugglenet.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/00 ... ly+hallows
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Bmat » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:34 pm

Thanks, Sindatur.

There's a lot to speculate on in the pictures.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Sindatur » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:55 am

Ya think that's the room with the veil on the American cover, or a real coliseum?
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Bmat » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:09 am

Sindatur wrote:Ya think that's the room with the veil on the American cover, or a real coliseum?

I wondered, too. And some are saying the scar is gone, but others that it is still there, only black.

About the veil. The curtains that we see are tied back, which the veil wasn't, so I suspect it isn't the veil. But then, what are the curtains? Are there tied-back curtains at the Colosseum?

Perhaps the people guessing that Harry will die are correct and Harry and V are fighting behind the veil.

I wonder what is in the pouch around Harry's neck.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Merle » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:25 am

On the American cover, I think it's also interesting that neither Harry nor Voldemort have wands out.

Looking at the UK covers, the locket is prominent in the one. No big surprise there. In the other one, wonder what Ron is shrinking back from? And is the house elf behind Harry Dobby or Kreacher? And why does he have Griffindor's sword in his hand?
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.
Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Bmat » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:03 am

It looks as if they are bursting into a vault at Gringolts (sp?). Maybe they are thinking that one of the Horcruxes is there.

I am guessing it is Dobby, just a guess, based on his holding the sword up, which seems as if he is an enthusiastic participant.

It just about looks as if V has managed to make Harry's wand fly up. No idea about what happened to his own wand, though. or maybe both are wandless and Harry's wand is coming to Harry either by a summoning spell or by the Phoenix.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Sindatur » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:08 am

I wasn't really thinking about the curtains being the ones on the veil, but, rather an entrance into the room, and that the veil simply wasn't visible (If it's the room containing the veil).

It has been stressed a few times throughout the series how important Wandless magic is to master, and it's been implied numerous times they won't be able to beat each other with wands, so maybe they gave up on fighting with wands, and chose to fight wandless?
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Merle » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:11 am

In which case, my suggestion that Harry invest in a nice M-5 assault rifle appears better and better!
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.
Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Bmat » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:53 am

Do the books indicate that there is a curtain entrance to the room with the veil? It's not impossible. I would expect there to be a physical door entrance at least, the veil being dangerous, but perhaps there are curtains inside the door entrance. Although why the curtains are tied back. But perhaps the tied back feature is artist's interpretation.

Someone suggested that the structure in the background is like Stonehenge, I don't really see it, though.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Sindatur » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:19 pm

Merle wrote:In which case, my suggestion that Harry invest in a nice M-5 assault rifle appears better and better!

I agree, I've always thought Harry is going to need a non-magical solution to getting rid of voldemort (or toss him into the veil)

Bmat, I don't recall the doorway having a curtain, just the revolving locked doors, but, as you said perhaps artist interpretation.

Stonehenge? Nah I don't see that at all, looks to me like the Roman Colisseum. StoneHenge wouldn't have windows like that?
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Bmat » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:23 pm

Interesting thought, Sindatur. Perhaps it will happen that Harry uses some Muggle knowledge to save the day.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Harry Potter