speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: our predictions

JK Rowling's wizard has captured the world's imagination.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: our predictions

Postby Bmat » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:18 am

What are your predictions or ideas?

Where are the horcruxes?

Who dies?

Who pairs up?

Where does the story mainly take place?

Does Dumbledore appear in some form to help?

Does the little mirror that Harry has play a part?

What will the survivors end up doing?

Will the Muggles play an active part in helping?

Whose side is Snape on? Why did Dumbledore trust him so much?

(If I've missed any questions let me know, and I'll add them.)
Last edited by Bmat on Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Merle » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:23 am

Who's side is Snape on?

I'll go ahead and put my answer to that one on record: He's on his own side, but threw in with Voldemort, because he thought Voldemort would win. I don't believe Snape and Dumbledore had any type of agreement for Snape to kill Dumbledore if it came down to it.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.
Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Bmat » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:41 am

Where are the horcruxes? - The tiara that they mentioned. The necklace. Maybe the trophy that they had looked at in the trophy case.

Who dies? Voldemort. Hagrid. Probably Hagrid's brother- I don't see any reason for him to be in the story otherwise, unless his wildness takes the bad guys by surprise and saves the day.

Who pairs up? Ron and Hermy. Harry and Ginny.

Where does the story mainly take place? Away from Hogwarts. It is an fantasy, and a journey is to be expected.

Does Dumbledore appear in some form to help? Maybe his portrait? Although JKR said that the mirror that Sirius gave Harry was important.

Does the little mirror that Harry has play a part? Maybe someone who is beyond the Veil can use it to contact Harry.

What will the survivors end up doing? Neville will teach herbology. Hermione take a job in the Ministry of Magic. If Harry lives he'll be an auror. Not sure about Ron, I hope this doesn't mean he won't make it.

Will the Muggles play an active part in helping? I don't think so, but I've read other theories that victory will be achieved by cooperation between the Muggles and the Wizards.

Whose side is Snape on? Why did Dumbledore trust him so much? He's on the side of good. I don't know why the trust.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Merle » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:15 am

Where are the horcruxes? - The ring and the diary are destroyed. The locket is missing, and Nagini remains with Voldemort. That leaves two. One is assuredly Hufflepuff's cup. One has to assume the other is something from Gryffindor.

Who dies? A Weasely. Hope it's not Ron or Ginny. I think Hagrid will survive. He may be the one to kill Snape. I am wondering if Neville had been originally slated to die, but now two other characters had to die so he could live?

Who pairs up? Ron and Hermione, if both survive. I'm not sure about Harry and Ginny.

Where does the story mainly take place? Yes, away from Hogwarts. We know Harry plans to visit The Burrow for Bill's wedding, and Godric's Hollow. Otherwise, he'll be following clues to the horcruxes.

Does Dumbledore appear in some form to help? JKR has promised Dumbledore will appear in some form. I don't think his portrait would be all that much use. Maybe he left a memory behind in the pensieve that Harry will have access to?

Does the little mirror that Harry has play a part? Didn't Jo say this, as well? I have no guess as to how, though.

What will the survivors end up doing? I wonder if Neville will discover his true strength? After all, his parents were aurors. He could wind up being DADA teacher, or herbology.

Will the Muggles play an active part in helping? Well, I still think Harry would do well to invest in a nice M-5 assault rifle.

Whose side is Snape on? Why did Dumbledore trust him so much? I've already said my answer to the first question. As to the second, I'm pretty sure it's not what Harry assumed when he told everyone after Dumbledore's death. I suspect Snape truly did snooker Dumbledore, being as accomplished as he is at occlumency. And I think it'd be easier to fool someone who wants to trust than it would be to fool Voldemort.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.
Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby who me » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:36 pm

my prediction is that I will have the harry potter book in 10 days, I also predict that i will avoid all harry potter threads in case of spoilers like that nice fellow who posted "Snape kills Dumbledor" last time on various forums.
I also predict that I will lay under the covers reading late in to the night.
who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Bmat » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:49 pm

who me wrote:my prediction is that I will have the harry potter book in 10 days, I also predict that i will avoid all harry potter threads in case of spoilers like that nice fellow who posted "Snape kills Dumbledor" last time on various forums.
I also predict that I will lay under the covers reading late in to the night.

Same here.

I help with another site that was overwhelmed with people doing their best to spoil it for everyone else. It was appalling. I don't understand why anyone would bother deliberately spoiling. What pleasure can there be?
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby who me » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:02 pm

I don't know what pleasure they derive form spoiling but i know that if i find that person who ruined the half-blood prince for me I would make him pay me for my copy of the book and then very nicely pass him along to the other fans who read his spoiler,
then I would just sit back and watch...
who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Dark Knight » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:29 pm

my prediction is that I will not have the harry potter book in 10 days

no time to read HP or any other book, I am back at work....

Should have had my Holiday later... oh well....
Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby who me » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:02 am

with one week to go I will say that I think Snape will turn out to be a double agent working both sides so that he will survive no matter what side wins.
he is not good or evil just looking out for him self.
who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby aldan » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:19 am

As far as those who enjoy spoiling the fun for others, well, it's usually because they are, down deep, just nasty people inside. Also, they are the sort of people who would do whatever they could to spoil a photograph with others in it, or other such things. They shouldn't really be classified as 'people' IMO.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain
aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby who me » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:13 am

unfortunately it is only people who do such things, deliberately.

I have been wondering if Ms. Wesley dies saving Harry.
who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Nomad » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:44 am

:D Hello All! Im on VACAAAaaaAAASHHHun! Woo HoooO! Yes, so I actually have time to log in and say hello.

:arrow: Ok, now on with this thread. My neghbor is the childrens librarian at our local Library. Grrr...she is on page 568 as of yesterday of Deathly Hallows. She was absoluitely beaming and biting her tongue. All; she would tell me (or that I let her) is that it is a riviting and page turning book. Extremely well written and will keep you reading.

So..No SPOILERS from me ;)
Site Regular
Site Regular

Blog: View Blog (3)

Next

Return to Harry Potter