speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Questions about Zeal.

Structured collabrative stories written by forum members. Join in on these creative writing projects

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Questions about Zeal.

Postby capt_tightpants » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:23 pm

Hey Xyster, I read the first post about Zeal and was very much intrigued and would like to collaborate, but I'm not sure what was going on really. So I figured I'd ask.
capt_tightpants
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Xyster » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:18 pm

Basically this is a post-apocoliptic story focusing on outcasts and creatures that happened after some sort of gentetic warfare. Those that do not belong and have a very strong resolve often venture to a place known only as Zeal. It is a tower that is rumored to contain all answers and all truth of the world within it.

It's sort of a universe unto itself, though no one is really sure how much of it is virtual reality and how much of it is real. The only real things that are known about it is that those that reach the very top floor are supposed to find the truth that they are seeking.

Within are multiple floors, each a different world...like spring, mountains, snow, deepspace, ocean, pretty much anything you can imagine. Each floor that the group advances they have the possibility of meeting more people from the outside and more challenges.

So the goal is to keep going up until they reach the top floor. Pretty much anyone can join as pretty much anything becuase of teh nature of the gentetic warfare and the fact that they created all sorts of hybrids. There's no real magic, but there can be manipulation of forces if that's what a person is designed for. Say, someone that can manipulate the magnetic fields or telepathy or telekenisis is fine. Basically it's the journey of people that don't belong anywhere else looking for their place.
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby SchoolTheOld » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:13 am

Hmmm, this seems like a fun idea, but no one has posted...I feel bad, being a newbie, at putting things where they might not belong.

Can you tell me a bit more about your character, X? Is she a warrior, or is she just wandering?

She seems like a bit of a bard to me...but it's beyond me what she'll do if she finds something that is actually out to hurt her in the tower...
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Xyster » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:35 pm

She is more of a magic user, she can bend things to her will using the magnetic forces around her. All her life she has sought answers as to why she is the way that she is, and has finally come to this.
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby SchoolTheOld » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:05 pm

Hm ok...so what's in the tower is up for grabs, huh?

<thinks> :scratch:
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Xyster » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:32 am

pretty much, it's just multiple levels of wierdness...everything from a city to a forest or vast ocean can be stored in there...part magic and part virtual. it's hard to tell what's real inside.

:D
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby capt_tightpants » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:08 pm

Groovy.
capt_tightpants
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby SchoolTheOld » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:09 am

I hope you don't object to my taking the part of the tower, Xyster. If you have any objection, please let me know. I just want to stretch my creativity a bit.

The skeleton is just a bit of a test...if you'd like to take over the tower, just go for it ;)
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby capt_tightpants » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:01 pm

It's okay with me. It's no fun trying to infiltrate a sentient tower unless it's controlled by a sentient being.(Or, Like, Whatever)

One thing though, and I realize I was guilty of this myself, it's generally bad form to take controll of another's charector during a fight. For instance when you said the skeleton landed a blow on my charector you're generally supposed to leave the actual decision up to me, just like how I should've said I tried to hit the creatures knee and you say whether or not I did.
capt_tightpants
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby SchoolTheOld » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:34 am

I'm sorry Captain, it won't happen again. I'll edit that now. You guys seemed to not see the thing either...was rather confused about what to do with it.

I'm not sure what I want to do with Marren...I think I'll leave it up to you guys. So far, it seems like you haven't seen her. But there doesn't seem to be a reason why at least the Nameless One shouldn't.

I know skeletons are a bit of a cliche way to start, Xyster, and I promise, I am slightly more creative than that. I just wanted to throw something out and see what happened.
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby capt_tightpants » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:55 pm

No problem, School.

I move that we post charector descriptions here so we know who we're dealing with. I'll go first.

Tsar is a human with a horrible desiese. He It is highly contagious and has weakened Tsar himself severely, his suit was designed to protect those around him as well as aiding Tsar as his senses wore away and his muscles deteriorated. Tsar is lucky, most people when contracting would die within a couple days. It had happened before.
He knows he can't live with his desiese for ever and he was told that the tower was the only place he might find a cure.
capt_tightpants
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby SchoolTheOld » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:11 pm

But doesn't that remove half of the fun? I mean, in such a place, our characters know nothing about each other, and we find out about them through their actions and words. I thought your character was an alien, Captain! :P

I might take Marren in any of the 4 directions I have planned, or any others, depending on how you guys respond to her. I'm not sure, as of yet, that I'll be able to pull off any of these directions with so little planning...but this is what you know so far:

Marren is blind, deaf, and dumb. She feels her surroundings through the tower and her own touch, but is not part of her surroundings. She is to the tower, as Gollum is to the one ring; ageless and consumed. But tied up in this is her eternal respect and fear. Her main concern is to eject you safely from the tower, and dissuade you from your task.
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Next

Return to Collaborative Stories and Writing Challenges