speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

BROKEN - A Collaborative Story

Structured collabrative stories written by forum members. Join in on these creative writing projects

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

BROKEN - A Collaborative Story

Postby MainComputer » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:44 pm

Hi

I recently started the thread, "HERMAN - A Collaborative Story", and although the tale is fun indeed, it is not what I intended. So here is my second attempt.

First however, I must apologize. Shortly after beginning "Herman", I left for a holiday in Vietnam, and have been absent from contributing from my own thread. Sorry, I'm back now and will participate in this thread more fully.

Please, read the new posting rules carefully.

********** BROKEN **********

- A Collaborative Story

1. Initially, please restrict your first contribution to a single sentence.
2. After each post you contribute, you must add an extra sentence to your next post. I.e., your first post must consist one line, your second two, your third three, etc.
3. You may not add more than one consecutive post. In other words, someone else must contribute after your own submission before you may contribute again yourself.
4. NO profanity, whatsoever.
5. Be imaginative, have fun, but please - try your best to stay away from the ridiculous or the silly and bizarre. This is terribly hard to define, of course, but see the "Herman" post for an example of how quickly a story can get out of hand and wander from the lines of sanity.
6. I will periodically amalgamate the contributions into a single post, bringing the story together. As creator and editor, I reserve the right to edit or even delete your contributions, although I promise to be as true to your intentions as I can.
---------------------------------
Be brave - hurt me.
MainComputer
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby MainComputer » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:45 pm

It was no good; it couldn't be fixed.
Be brave - hurt me.
MainComputer
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Dead_Technology » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:48 pm

It lies in ruin on the bottom of the lake, fried.
Dead_Technology
New User
New User

Postby MainComputer » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:01 pm

Captain Blake and his sub-aqua team had just returned from their examination of the artifact and delivered the bad news. They looked as broken by the report they had to deliver as the artifact itself.
Be brave - hurt me.
MainComputer
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby NeoScribe » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:32 am

All the work they had done, all the lives that rested on their shoulders, were soon to be wasted.
The flower shop gig wasn't enough to pay for my videogames.
NeoScribe
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby MainComputer » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:27 pm

They had spent three long months trying to find the artifact since it's theft, and another three days here, trying to recover it from the lake. Three months under siege from the Nonsulate, and now all hope seemed lost.
"Who could have done this?" Captain Skeld asked Blake, "Surely the ruin of the artifact is beyond the Nonsulate?"
Be brave - hurt me.
MainComputer
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Talon Sinnah » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:22 am

"Reports say the rebel groups sabotaged it."
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Laria » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:30 pm

"The rebel groups haven't been in this part of the world for centuries, though."
Laria
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Talon Sinnah » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:11 pm

"Then someone else is responsible for this outrage." Blake turned once again to the waters. "It does not matter our job is to investigate."
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Return to Collaborative Stories and Writing Challenges