speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Lets get creative!

Structured collabrative stories written by forum members. Join in on these creative writing projects

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Lets get creative!

Postby JetMasta » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:48 am

Hay guys! This is probly the wrong board to do it on, but what ever.

Ok. So here's the deal!

We are all going to play a game, of sorts. Whats gonna happen is that we are going to make a co-lab story-kinda...
Here's how to play:
I will start it off, by writing a paragraph.
Then the next person will continue, then the next, so on and so forth.

Rules:
1) Once you have posted a paragraph, you must wait for at least 5 2 other people to post one, before you can post another one.
2) Use correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, Etc. (So LiKe NonE Of ThIs, or 'u', instead of 'you')
3) Over all the story needs a proper story line, that makes sense, a complication of some sort and an ending.
4) This can keep going as long as everybody wants!, Just keep it flowing.
5) You are allowed to introduce any characters, places, ablities- as long as the story still makes sense

Just post in this thread if you want to give someone tips, or discuss where the story is heading.

So Lets make this fun and get creative! I shall start.

! The Master wrote:
1/2/2011: Reduced posting requirement from 5 to 2 to allow more frequent entries.
Last edited by JetMasta on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
JetMasta
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: Lets get creative!

Postby JetMasta » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:07 am

A blanket of night hid him from the portol party's out lokking for him. It didnt matter, no one woould dtop his quest for vengence.
He moved slowly through the shadows, breathing slow. Step by step he made his way to what appeared to be the stables.
"WHAT ARE YOU USLESS SODS DOING GET ON THOSE HORSE'S AND FIND HIM!"
His heart pounded, if he didnt do anything quiclky, his quest would be over. The stable doors started to open and the light from the tourches creast his face as sweat rolled down his check. Almost without think he drew his blade and cut the horse's free, he placed a small sack of gunpowder behind the horse's and lit a fuse. Knowing what was going to happen he jumped onto one of the horse's backs he headed for the stable door. BANG! the gun powder went off just as the stable doors fully opened. The guards shrieked and dodged out of the way, as all the horse's in the barn charged towards them. A slight smile came across his face, as he galloped past the patrol party and towards the castle gates....
JetMasta
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Bmat » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:12 pm

Suddenly, a flash of blue light appeared between him and the gates. His horse reared up. As he struggled to keep his seat, he saw on the top of the wall a figure in a blue robe and long pale blue hair. The Blue Wizard! But... but why would the Blue Wizard interfere with his escape?
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby The Master » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:38 pm

"This is not your concern Wizard!", he screams.

"Its everyone's concern," the Wizard replies, "this is not the right way!"

"Its the only way! Stay out of it!"

Hearing the guard's voices growing closer he kicks the horse back into motion toward the gates.
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Postby Asp Zelazny » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:05 am

Inexorably the spiked gates rolled downward. It was going to be close, but by the time he was 20 feet away he knew it was useless.
Wheeling the horse about, he pulled his harquebus from across his back, cocked the wheellock, poured some powder into the pan, and tightened the stock against his shoulder. Praying to whatever gods might still listen to him (there weren't many left who would) that the bluff would work, he stood in the stirrups and shouted:

"Stand down! I am on a mission from His Imperial Majesty, and I have authority to use any means to complete it. Do not delay me this day, or you will feel the wrath of gunpowder now, and the Saracen Lord later. Open those gates!"

No one moved, the patrol neither advanced, nor made effort to meet his request; the gates slammed down with a clang.

On the wall above, the Blue Wizard slowly faded into a pale mist.
Asp Zelazny
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Ariel » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:59 am

Sky watched in the darkness as the events unfolded before her. The white wolf, her constant companion stood by her side. She took hold of the magick stone around her neck and whispered strange words. Protected momentarily, she walked over to the stranger. "You are on no mission but that of your own. Tell me, what troubles you so?"
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby JetMasta » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:46 am

The man, turned his horse in the woman's direction, he simply stared at her.

"Tell me!" she said, "tell me now or i shall have no choice, but to attack you"
At this, the white wolf sarted to growl, "easy, there's no harm yet" said Sky as she stroked the beast's mane.

"Is that it? you ask and you think i would just tell you?"
Sky nodded silently.

At this, the man grunted.
Sky knew she needed to be strong, after all she had the tools to be strong, "Speak now! I comand you!"
Without any notice, the man aimed his harquebus at Sky, who merely luaghed at him.

"you cant hurt me", Sky said mockingly.
"OPEN THE GATES NOW, OR I WILL SHOOT YOU WHERE YOU STAND!"
Sky replied, "go on if you must, it will have no effoect on me."
"Okay then, how about I shoot...."

The man moved his sights to Sky's wolf.
JetMasta
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Bmat » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:25 pm

"Enough!" snarled Sky. "You dare threaten my companion?!"

From her raised hand shot a wave of power that knocked the man from the horse. He lay stunned. The guards rushed toward him.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby The Master » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:53 pm

Sky had not yet finished her questioning and with a wave of her hand the guards fall to the ground and into a deep slumber.

With a half raised eyebrow she smirks, "I think you will now want to reveal your task to me...and why the Blue Wizard is so interested in it." Sky slowly advances whispering softly as her amulet begins to glow.
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Postby Asp Zelazny » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:16 am

Hugh struggled to rise, but was held back by a power that slowed his reflexes and his thoughts. He had many a time taken falls worse than that, but there was something emanating from that Woman that pressed him down. The wolf ... well, he could deal with that if needed ... and the guards seemed to have lost interest in him, and this world for that matter; but this meddlesome Woman was now holding him back, and he could feel her begin to push her way into his mind.

There was no question that Majick was afoot. He had sworn himself to abjure and defeat Majick in all its forms, as it had haunted him and had destroyed his life's love less than a year before.

This Woman was Majick embodied, and he needed to resist her. With all the effort he could summon, he lurched to his feet, and held up his tattered copy of Master Sagan's "A Demon Haunted World" -- it had defeated those reckless powers before, and it just might again.

The gods chuckled and placed bets in the background; the ethereal wizard-form watched as it swirled above the gate. The Woman hesitated, then stopped, and the wolf curled himself behind her, baring his teeth
Asp Zelazny
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Ariel » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:16 am

Sky brushed away locks of her long dark hair from her face. "Your book means nothing here stranger. I am giving you a chance to explain yourself. If your quest is so important and it is in the best interest of the people, we can help you. If it is not..." She paused to consider. Then the king shall decide your fate." The large moon illuminated the grounds below as the Autumn wind scattered colorful leaves about. The white wolf watched and waited.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby JetMasta » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:08 pm

*sorrry about the late reply, my cpu decided to kill itself :/*

A burst of red and black emited from the book, it weaved around Sky. Who was staring to feel faint, "Wha..what is this.."
The white wolf howled in agany, it lunged at Hugh. However the wolfs efforts to protect its master, were in vain.Hugh simply kicked the wolf aside, as he walked over to Sky. Sky's body waverd in the air, before she collasped onto the ground.

"Now i see why he used this on my beloved..." said Hugh.
JetMasta
Just Registered
Just Registered

Next

Return to Collaborative Stories and Writing Challenges