speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Lets get creative!

Structured collabrative stories written by forum members. Join in on these creative writing projects

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Re: Lets get creative!

Postby Asp Zelazny » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:32 pm

"Though you do not seem to realize it, we are working towards the same goal.
Your village was unfairly destroyed and its people not compensated, your beloved lost, and your life placed on a self-destructive track, due to the schemes of a group of the king's counsellors who are undermining his rule and will throw the kingdom into chaos.
"You wish revenge. I wish to stop them.
"I can help you, if you will assist me. Will you trust me?"

Hugh thought back to the brief warning of the chambermaid. But to whom was she referring? He thought carefully before replying:

"I cannot tolerate the use of Majicks.
"I will not be kept in the dark about the what is expected and what is happening.
"If you agree to these things, then I will assist you, but only to further my own ends."

The Wizard nodded.
Asp Zelazny
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Ariel » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:07 pm

A small light flickered in the corner distracting the two men. Suddenly a faery with wild red hair and matching eyes came from the light. "Do I detect trickery here gentlemen? I just love trickery, it is such an art is it not?" She perched lightly on the wizard's shoulder. The blue wizard swatted at her. "Go away you bothersome creature. There are important matters at stake here." She flew into his hair and got tangled for a minute before finding her way out. "Well, excuuuuuuuse me! Like faeries have never dealt with important matters before. How do you know that I can't be of help?"
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Crystal » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Hugh was angry at this point. He had had enough. He needed to get away and think. The fey may be his ticket to escape from the blue wizard.

"Trickery you say. Don't let my ancient friend fool you he is a master of trickery! The likes of which you could never best! Why I bet you could never come close if try!" Hugh said in a manner that was quite convincing even if he had to say or think so himself.

At least it convinced the red fairy. "Let us see you get out of this" She said with a laugh and lifted a wind of willow wood. The wizard's feet went out from under him and before hugh's very eyes the wizard was floating upside down. The flowing robes now covering his head and exposing his linen breechs. Laughter came from behind him and a fey with green dress and dark hair came forward. "Stop you insectile pests!" he shouted. At this the green fairy used her wand to tie the wizards beard in a knot.

Hugh wanted to stay and watch the spectacle, but it was time to slip away. He grabbed the clothes and the wizards bag then slipped into the wood. Even in the distance he could hear more fairies taunts and blue wizards angry shouts. When he has far down the stream he sat down to rest and for the first time and took a chance to laugh at the amusing antics of the fey.
Crystal
New User
New User

Postby Asp Zelazny » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:37 pm

Looks like we lost Our Founder of this thread. Anybody interested in continuing it?
Asp Zelazny
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Crystal » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:32 pm

I am. Maybe we can change the rules a little so we can post more often. I really enjoy a little creative exercise.
Crystal
New User
New User

Postby The Master » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:22 pm

I hereby invoke executive privilege and declare that only two others must post between your posts. First post edited to reflect this rule change.
=============================================================

"Follow me," said a small voice behind him startling Hugh. Whirling about he found yet another Fairy, this time with glistening lavender hair. "I can take you where the scrying crystals cannot see you."

Hugh was unsure if he should trust the creature, but was equally aware that the Blue Wizard wouldn't delay in his pursuit. Nodding he followed the fae deeper into the woods.

"Lysa is very anxious to meet you" the little violet fairy informed him as they walked.

"Lysa?"

"Our queen of course," the fae replied. "Surely you have heard of her."

"No, I'm afraid I haven't," Huge answered. "The magical realms do not concern me."

Between laughs the fairy said "well you had better start because they are certainly concerned with you."
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Postby Crystal » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:14 pm

All hail the master!
=============================
This got more confusing by the minute. He was out of options.
"Fine take me to your queen" Hugh said with a sigh.
He followed the fairy for what seemed like a short time. He was sure it was some sort of enchantment when they came to some strange gates. It appeared to be guarded by two griffins. They fey turned to him.

"You must ask the guardians of our kingdom for passage in to our gate." she said.
Crystal
New User
New User

Postby Asp Zelazny » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:15 pm

"um, well. All right ... how do I adress them?"

The violet fairy giggled. "You must do this in your own way. I cannot guide you"

Hugh cleared his throat. "This is silly. If I am to see your queen, why won't she just let us in?"

-- silence --

"Fine."

To the griffins: "Please grant me passage."

No response. The griffins remain impassive, seemingly unaware of his presence.

"I respectfully request that I be allowed entry, upon the request of Queen (uh, who was that now ...) Lysa. Her loyal subject ... um, here ... has summoned me."

Vast, passive griffinoid indifference.

In a commanding voice: "I am Hugh Massacarra, and I am here to see your queen!"

nothing.

"Is there a riddle I must answer? Pose your best."

This, at least, engendered a small derisive snort from one of the guardians. The violet fairy was doing figure 8s in the air off to the side.

"Listen. Let me through. I've been through a lot today already, and I'm pretty tired of not having a clue about what's going on."

A breeze wafted through the forecourt. A few leaves fell. All was silence.

Hugh reached to draw his sword, but found that he was still wearing a chambermaid's costume. That did it. He turned and started to stalk away. Better to face the Blue Wizard and his nested plots than attempt to deal with fey flagrant nonsense.

At that, the two griffins silently stood rampant, bowed, and the gate slid wide.

"ENTER, FRIEND" came a deep rumble from the pair.
Asp Zelazny
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Ariel » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:30 pm

Hugh was startled by the sudden opening of the gates and rolled his eyes. He didn't know if he would finally recieve the help he needed or if he would be up against more trouble. With a deep sigh, he stepped forward through the gates. There was a long winding brick road in the middle of a deep forest of tall pines and other ancient trees. The lavender fairy perched on his shoulder guiding the way ahead. "First we must make a stop at the tailors. You are not going to be presented to the Queen in...that!"
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Bmat » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:22 pm

The lavender fairy led Hugh to a tree that had a huge trunk and that extended about as far as Hugh could see when he looked upward trying to see the top.

"This is some tree!" he exclaimed.

The lavender fairy sighed, "Come along. Come along. Now tap sharply on that knot. No- not that knot. Yes, yes, that one."

A small rounded door opened in the trunk at ground level. Hugh walked in, followed by the fairy, and found piles of cloth and wide tables. "How, how... oh forget it. Is anybody here?" Hugh swung his head around and saw a green braided ribbon with a sign attached saying, "Pull me."

So he did.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Asp Zelazny » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:31 pm

The braided ribbon came off in his hand. Three more pull-cords cascaded from somewhere up above and hung before him ... a silver cord, a gold chain, and a dangling length of barbed-wire. A duck with a sign saying "Choose" in its beak was suspended from a 4th string.

In for a penny, in for a pound ... he pulled the silver cord.

There was a low hum beginning to rise from somewhere above. Ten bolts of cloth unrolled from above: a cascade of goldenrod, scarlet, irridescent white, forest green and other rich shades formed a curtain before him.

"I like this one!" said the fairy, fluttering up against the deep purple wave.

Pointedly ignoring her, Hugh fingered a light blue brocade that was closest to him. All the cloth vanished; a selection of supple leathers appeared on stands rising from the floor. He was struck by a whitish, ridged leather he had never seen before, and reached forward to examine it, but this action alone was enough to cause the display to quickly disappear. It was rapidly replaced by a sunburst of multi-hued feathers, at which he merely shook his head and otherwise ignored.

The words: -- PLEASE RETURN IN ONE HOUR -- glittered in the air before him, and faded into the floor.

Hugh turned and found the lavender fey rummaging around in the wizard's bag that he had carried off in his escape.

"Oooh, what's this?" she exclaimed, followed by a lound >Crunch<
Asp Zelazny
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Crystal » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Crunch. She had snapped a wand of apple wood.

"That can't be good" he thought out loud. He took hold of the bag and decided to distract the fairy.

"So what is it that the fey "Do" in their home kingdom?" he asked hoping to get her intrest.

"What do we "do" ?" She asked sounding offended "We study and scry the land. We take care of the forest so your kind and others do not upset the balance of that wood! That is what we "do"!"

"Sorry, in my world we only know what we see and you are not something anyone I know has seen. " he said taking the bag and putting it on his shoulder.

"You do not see, because you don't take time to appreciate the natural world. Come and you will see what we "do"." She flew toward a large fountain with whiling mist rising from it.
Crystal
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Collaborative Stories and Writing Challenges