speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Mystic : Scripts

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Re: Mystic : Scripts

Postby Talon Sinnah » Fri May 14, 2010 1:07 am

"Alright it is settled then." Retrieving his sword he took the last bit of venison off hi plate and nodded his head. " I am pretty sure they have a leather worker on the shop and these boots do need some repair so if you would excuse me." turning on heel he walked to the direction of the shop on the outside. Swallowing the last bite his calm face turned once again to his usual emotionless expression. Dropping his boots off with a gold coin he put on a pair of spare shoes he carried in his pack then found a stone out in the horse corral close to the woods.

As he sat he thought. 'Terix what the hell are you doing? You did not start this to be a savior, you are not a savior remember. You are a shadow hood turned treasure hunter you left the order so you would quit hunting magic users and the like. But here you go to kill another one and you even teamed up with a member of the fey species. But damn she is pretty. Has it really been that long since you lost everything and forsook the world to chase your selfish ambitions. To chase the treasures of this world oh what a life you lived but here you are and not even with the group you started with. And for what retribution for people who did not even know you a city that just had the closest port and here you sit on a rock rubbing that snake and dagger tattoo on your left wrist you keep conceiled with that bandage. Would she really travel with you if she knew you had that and what it stood for. Would she so willingly follow you into the wizards mouth of hell if she knew you used to kill members of her kind. Yet here you sit on a rock torturing yourself' ' Terix sat oblivious to the world with his mouth in the crook between his thumb and index finger with his elbow propped up on his knee.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Ariel » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:51 am

She watched as Terix slipped out the door. Silently she waited then slipped away herself. No longer could she deny the strong urge to spread her wings and feel the weightlessness of flight. Lifting one foot and then the other, she leaned forward and lifted off the ground. Higher and higher into the night sky she flew with abandonement, long silken hair flowing in the breeze. A crecent moon and glittering stars her only companions.

After a while she spotted terix sitting alone. Nakoma landed gracefully beside him. "Your thoughts are deep friend. What troubles you so?"
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:20 am

At the sound of nakoma's voice terix blinked a few times and turned to his companion. " Past demons coming back to haunt me."
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Ariel » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:13 pm

Tilting her head to the side, she thought for a moment. She picked a purple violet from between the grass and ate it. "Past demons can haunt you only if you allow them to. Now who or what are these demons that haunt you so?" Her eyes were bright as she stared at him awaiting the answer.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Talon Sinnah » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:33 am

"Some demons can haunt you regardless." He smiled as she chewed the violet. "Some how I do not think they were grown for that. I do not know why I am on this quest for. I never did for that matter. Blackshire meant nothing to me yet here I am looking for retribution. I am just a treasure hunter a wanderer if you would, yet my past has seemed to caught me no matter how hard I try to bury things and live my life I can not escape it." Terix once again stared off into the field. "Nakoma what is your world like?"
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Ariel » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:12 pm

Nakoma felt a deep longing for her world and it made her sad. "In my world, we are the winged ones. All of our kind is born with wings. There is a great celebration when we reach the age of flight. Family and friends gather at a feast of celebration with much love and laughter and joy. Our homes are built in tall, ancient trees where entire cities are lit with tiny magical lights." She hesitated to wipe the tears that fell freely down her cheeks.

"In my world we have healers that use the energies in all things. Our magic is taught to the chosen ones, those with a deep regard for all of life. Sometimes a great mistake is made and one changes to harness the powers of evil. Like any world, I imagine people are not so different." She picked another violet and smiled. "In both our worlds Terix, some plants are edible."

Reaching over, she took his hand into her own, gently speaking. "Look at me and do not fear." She gazed deeply into his eyes and transferred images and emotions from her memories. From this he could feel a cool breeze blowing and grass beneath his feet. He saw a soft blue sky and sunlight streaming through the trees. He felt the freedom of flight and many things.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Talon Sinnah » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:33 pm

Feeling his burdens lift and the weight of his world fall off his shoulders he breathed deep the sweet air and exaled, hopefully, the thoughts and memories that truobled him. "I should like to go there some day. Thank you Nakoma and I believe I shall stick with plants from a garden, no offense. Look this quest is dangerous this man we are looking for or chasing or whatever has twisted his gift into something evil and still strives to gather more power. I will not ask you to come any further with me but I fear I may be the only one who is in this until the end. I am afraid for the first time in my life since i forsook everything and started chasing my own selfish ambitions and for once I know I can not see this through by myself."

Terix then thought of the group he started with, the little girl and her wolf, Darken the rather flamboint elven prince (so he said) Baash the half orc bouncer, the cleric Aurelia, and the swashbuckler, How have they all started out so sure that they were going to be heroes and somewhere along the way lost sight of the path and parted ways? How does the only one that did not give a damn other then what treasures he may find end up being the only one left. "Nakoma please do not leave. I know I can not do this on my own and you are the only one that has been sure of this quest and what we are doing. I promise you nothing will happen to you while I still draw breath."
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Ariel » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:27 am

Nakoma smiled warmly. "Where else would I go? You saved me from the prison of magic that held me. Without you, I would still be there. I will not leave your side now Terix. We are in this together. Fighting evil is an honorable thing and I am proud to fight beside you." Her eyes were heavy with fatigue. "Sleep now and good journey in your dreams." She looked at the crecent moon and glittering stars one last time before going back to the inn.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Talon Sinnah » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:04 am

Terix watched her walk back to the inn then sat looking up at the stars for a bit. With a deep breath he exhaled the last bit of anguish he had then walked back to the inn himself. In his room he stripped down and washed himself in the wash basin making note to make use of the next creek he passed. Retrieving his extra pair of cotton pants from his bag he put them on and placed his swords beside his head as he lay down. As his eyes closed he fell into a peaceful sleep.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Ariel » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:41 am

After a deep and dreamless sleep, Nakoma opened her eyes to a hint of sunlight coming through the stained glass panes. Slowly she stretched like a cat, gathered some sweet scented herbs and oils and took a long soothing bath. Refreshed and invigorated, she rummaged around and pulled out a new pair of leggings, blouse and tunic and got dressed. After brushing her long locks she made her way down the steps and looked around. Terix wasn't there yet, nor the new friend that they had made. There were but a few customers having breakfast and chatting softly. Sitting at a marred wooden table, she looked over the menu and ordered a hearty meal. She reached over to the vase with a single rose and took in its' wondrous scent and beauty, making a note not to eat the petals.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Talon Sinnah » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Fully dressed and armed Terix sat down across from his friend. Ordering a hearty meal himself he waited patiently. "Did you sleep well my friend?"

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Ariel » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:57 pm

She smiled brightly. "I did indeed." Nakoma took Terix's hand and opened it palm up. She gently placed a red petal from the rose into his hand and closed it over the petal. When she opened his hand there lay the single petal but it was now a pure, glistening white. Grinning, she waited for his reaction.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing