speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Mystic : Scripts

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Mystic : Scripts

Postby Talon Sinnah » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:13 am

Posted By: Talon Sinnah

Upon exiting the portal the corades found the unexpected. To their horror the evil wizards forces was attacking the archives. All readied themselves for battle.

"Nothing is ever easy." Then with a swish of his swords Terix rushed off to join the battle.

The wizard's forces had already broke open the main gate and was now attempting to break through the Archives' entrance. Three drakes was wreaking havoc from the air while a host of warriors and creatures mounted a ground assault. Few of the Brotherhood was outside fighting in small patches of conflict. Many others were raining divine and arcane magic down on the attackers head. Mercenaries on both sides fought to earn their keep. It was one of these Mercs Terix ran into first. Having met on a few occasions, none to happy of meetings, Terix took note of his attempts to find a way in. Just as the mercenary decided to break a window Terix's blade blocked the warriors longsword.

"Well sir Daniel, you found you a employer that will alow you to be reckless." Terix kept the swords were they stopped as he spoke.

"Half-breed, it would seem you made it. And your analysis would be correct. After all you do you think gave Clackmas the necessary information to destroy the port city." Daniel forced the katana blade up then swung his sword low. Terix amptly stepped back then down on the longsword. However the dagger from Daniel entered uninvited into his left thigh. Daniel pushed his opponent against the window and put the longsword to where it now faced Terix. "Finally all those interrupted brawl will come to an end. So you are the group Clackmas is having so much trouble out of, I have to say the group is smaller then I first thought."

"Idiot."

"Really? Not from where I am standing. You are ready to die so in return I will tell you an answer to one question. Go ahead ask."

"Well my question should be obvious." Terix paused to pull the dagger from his thigh then put both hands up in surrender. "What the hell is Clackmas doing?"

"Ah a wise choice. The good wizard seeks to undo what the Brotherhood once did. He will open the gate to the Hell Chamber and receive the Hell Blade to fulfill his destiny and recieve his rightful heritage. That is why he attacked Blackshire, he needed enough souls to open the door. He would have gotten more if you and your comrades had not defeated the Darken Beast chief. But there is more here and plus the Tome of Shadow which holds instructions and the process of opening the door. Nice try on defeating us though. Goodbye."

At the end of the speech Terix dropped the dagger from his hand then kicked it on the hilt sending it over Daniel. Terix suffered a minor scrape on his left cheek as he ducked under the longsword and around Daniel. Behind his opponent Terix caught the dagger and attemted to stick it between Daniel's shoulder blades. Anticipating the atack Daniel managed to evade the worst of the attack and got ready to take Terix's head. A loud "duck" madeTerix react as the large half orc's axe hit Daniel as he turned and sent him through the window. Daniel was incinerated by the lightining trap before he hit the cobblestone floor.

Terix stood and looked at the opening. "Well he got in." He then turned to Baaash. "I guess this means I owe you a rabbit pie and a tankard of ale. Happy hunting friend." Terix patted Baaash on the shoulder then went into the fortress to help destroy the attack.

Posted By: Talon Sinnah Mar 28, 2005 - 09:13 am

Terix turned the corner and found himself in another long hallway, a group of knights fought against men in black armor. Terix branded both swords and rushed in. One black knight caught sight of him and spun to meet Terix. The swords clashed and sparks flew. The other twin blade clanked off the black armor and a metal clad fist sent Terix sprawling to the floor. Terix quickly rolled out of the blade's path and kicked it aside. Jumping to his feet Terix blocked the next swing and sppun around the sword. Aiming high Terix missed his mark as the man ducked then came in low. With a lucky stumble backwards the sword missed it's intended mark in Terix's ribbs and instead only scratched him. The man brought the sword on the same path down but was blocked by Terix's own arm. With his free sword hand Terix stuck the blade into the open part of the mans torso. With a jerk the blade sliced through the vital organs killing the man.

Spinning around the man Terix brought both swords around in a whirlwind attack fending off two more attackers then tumbled in between the two to join the knights in the middle of the battle. Two knights stood strong but the other two would die in mere minutes.

Posted By: aldan Mar 28, 2005 - 09:34 pm

Darken, still woozy from his wound, awoke in a dark room. As he lay there for a few moments, he worked to gather his wits about him and to reach out with his senses. When he realized that he was alone, he next pulled up his mithral chain shirt to examine his wound, but when he reached down, he noticed that he had something on his finger, some sort of ring. He checked it with his elven vision and saw an aura about it, so when he found the wound healed, he knew what the ring was.

Gathering his strength, Darken sat up and noticed that the room he was in was a bit small, and also that the food he'd smelled was on a small table by the cot on which he had lain, so he reached over and after touching each piece of food with a finger, and then testing each touch with his tongue, he determined that it was poison-free and so ate it all to help his recovery.

After this, he looked around the room and was able to find the magic aura of his bag, so he retrieved it and his blades and other odds and ends, then slipped over to the door and listened. Hearing no sound on the other side of the door, Darken slowly opened it, peering into the dim light of a hallway lit by guttering lanterns.

Slipping into the hallway, Darken wandered about, exploring the place he was in, and soon came to a stairway, so he crept up it and down another short hall to a room whose door was left ajar. After determining that the room was unoccupied, Darken walked in and then over to a small window to peer outside.

Darken sighed in relief once he realized that the so-far unoccupied building he was in was the one he'd been striving for. However, knowing that also caused him some worry. "Where is Baash? I'd normally have seen or heard him by now," he muttered to himself. Darken then in curiosity switched once again to elven sight and noticed that there was a glowing scroll on a desk nearby, so he of course picked it up after determining that there was no trap related to it.

As Darken came back down the staircase he almost walked right into an older lady who was about to walk up it. Sighing at his carelessness, Darken stopped on the stairs and, whipping off his plumed hat, bowed extravagantly.

"Hello, my Lady. I am Darken Lightly of Auraelia's group. Might I know where they are at so I may join them? I have been searching for them for some minutes, but haven't seen a soul here until I met you. Are you the person Auraelia sought?"

Smiling lightly, she responded. "I am indeed the person that she had sought. However, none are here now. They are currently a 3 day ride from here at the Archives of our Brotherhood. I am coming now from sending them there through a portal."

"And may I use this portal to travel there?"

The Lady shook her head. "I apologize, but the doorway stones must be recharged to be able to travel there, and that will take a full day to do so. However, since I'd not realized that you were not with the group when I sent them, I do have another method that will involve some danger to you. I have a scroll of transport which will send you through the ether on a short trip of about an hour's length. This trip can be dangerous, though, due to the ethereal creatures you may encounter during the trip. If you make it, though, the scroll will end the trip somewhere in the Archives, but not in a spot with a solid object."

"Is this the scroll of which you speak?"

Looking at the scroll which Darken handed her, she replied, "Yes. Are you prepared for your trip, and did your wound heal properly?"

"Yes it did, due to this ring," said Darken as he removed it, but she waved it back at him.

"Nay, nay! Keep it! It is now attuned to you, and if you continue to do selfless things it will continue to work for you. However, any wound acquired while not protecting others will not respond to the ring."

"Now," she continued, "I shall read this scroll, so ready your weapons and prepare to enter the etheric tunnel."

After some odd magical chanting, Darken found himself in a gray tunnel, completely circular and leading away from him.

Posted By: Talon Sinnah Apr 06, 2005 - 08:51 am

Terix blocked a longsword and fended off a axe from his new opponents. The wounded knights fell over dead leaving Terix and the other two to fight. Another stroke from the axe knocked one of the blades from Terix's hand. Terix dodged the next upward swing then lunged at the attacker. The sword bounced off of an invisible shield. Cursing his luck Terix dropped and rolled from a attack only to be blocked by the longsword. One of the knights seeing an opening brought his *beep* sword down cleaving the forearm in half. Terix seeing his oppurtunity slid Terix back for his other blade. The axe weilder stomped on Terix's back effectively stopping him.

Terix heard the death scream of another knight and the helpless grunts of the one left. He first tried to push himself up but when that did not work he began to force himself around. See that this half elf was going to turn around on him the axe wielder raised his axe and readied it for the fall. Seeing his opening Terix raised his hand and the ring that he wore let loose a bolt of electricity that hit the man in the chest. Finally loosened Terix finished his journey to the other blade and quickly got up to his feet.

(Here is where we left off have fun.)
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:49 am

Terix cut into another blackknight and got ready to face another one when one of the remaining knights rushed passed him and locked blades with the enemy. When Terix tried to spin around the combatants, the remaining black knight used his war-hammer to hit Terix through a large oak door. Like lightining Terix flipped back up to his feet and got ready to charge back into the frey. But the sound of a fierce battle turned him away.

A group of knights stood fighting a huge red manticore. Several of the brotherhood lay in a mess of their own blood and robes. One swipe of the clawed paw took out another knight and a flick of its tail sent spines toward its enemys. Terix quickly stepped behind one of the support pillars off to the side. Cursing his luck he gathered up his resolve and prepared to rush the beast.
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Talon Sinnah » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:26 am

Seeing a new attacker the manticore flicked its tail and sent six more spines at Terix. The first sword deflected three while the next fell short letting two of the flying spines lodge themselves into Terix's left shoulder. Automatically Terix rolled forward evading any potential attack only to find out that the manticore had anticipated the move and was ready to crush the half elf with one of his massive claws. Again out of relfex Terix pointed one of his blades up letting the monster bring its claw down on the sword. Satisfied with the turn out Terix rubbed a blue sapphire eye on the dragon hilt that sent a burst of cold up the blade and into the manticore's claw. Recoiling in anger and pain the manticore did more damage to itself when it jerked its foot off the sword.

As the monster was still howling in pain Terix rushed back up to his feet ready to meet the injured foe.
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Talon Sinnah » Tue May 10, 2005 7:48 am

The beast saw Terix coming and evaded the blade he recognized to be harmful then jumped out of the way from the one he did not want to find out about. Another spray of spikes made Terix tuck and roll under putting him in a handy squashing range of the manticore's foot. The manticore thought better and instead positioned its body to where it could bring its barbed tail down instead. Terix rolled to the left and slashed at the already injured foot. With another howl of pain the manticore leaped into the air and onto one of the balconies that rounded the room. Terix got under the balcony where the manticore perched and prepared for another inevitable attack.
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Magus » Sun May 15, 2005 7:43 pm

"Hmmmmm..." A quite voice in the air murmured in a barely audible dynamic. "This looks interesting..."
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby aldan » Tue May 17, 2005 3:18 am

After a seemingly endless trek through the whirling path, Darken, blade in hand, stepped through the far end of it and saw before him a wondrous sight... the hind end of a manticore. Grinning wickedly, he looked up and saw the waving tail moving forward to pass through the top of the doorway, but before it could get that far, his father's elven blade went snicker snack and the sharp tail barbs fell and landed on the Manti's rump.

"Raaaaaoooooooaaaaaaaooooooooaaaaaaaoooooowwwwwrrrr!!!"

"Didn't like that, eh?" Darken queried, then plunged his sword again into the now rapidly moving posterior of the about-to-leap Manticore, causing it to lose the force of the leap, sending it down head-first onto a trio of armored figures. Once it landed, it didn't move again, so Darken stepped out onto the balcony and grinning, waved down at Terix.

Darken then heard a noise from the hallway and saw a group of robed figures fleeing in his direction, followed closely by several dark-armored people. Picking up the tail once more by its non-spiked length, Darken waited for the robed people to pass and then swung it at the four men following. One spike went through an eye, causing that man to crumple to the ground, and two others hit a second man in the chest and leg, with only the leg being wounded due to the worn armor.

Darken led with his sword and he rushed them, his feet flickering in his death dance and he quickly slew the one with the leg wound. However, the two others were not amenable to that sort of treatment and worked hard to explain their position. Their discussion took about 2 minutes, but in the end, Darken had silenced all of their objections, leaving them breathless.

After this, he kept progressing in the direction from which those warriors had come.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain
aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Magus » Tue May 17, 2005 5:55 am

He laughed, this bodiless voice did. "This is getting all the more interesting. Perhaps I should stay and observe."
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby aldan » Tue May 17, 2005 9:38 pm

Note: do not write a word that ends in the letter 'S' followed by the word 'hit'. You shall be beeped...
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain
aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Talon Sinnah » Wed May 18, 2005 9:30 am

As the Manticore fell and Darken leaned over and waved Terix breathed a sigh of relief then observed the room. Picking a door at random he rushed through. A stairway led up in a spiral. The sound of combat could be heard nearby. His half elven ears quickly deciphered the echo and pinpointed it to be two floors up. He sheathed both of the twin blades then began sprinting up the stairs.
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Magus » Wed May 18, 2005 3:52 pm

There was a small alcove just off of the side ahead of what Sugam took for a half-elf, for there was certainly some elven blood in him. Although he had seen similar looking creature with fiend heritage, this one looked more closely related to elves then imps. In the alcove was a hideous looking and foul smelling soldier in heavy armor who wielded an axe of great size. As the supposed half-elf ran past him the soldier lept into the air and bore down him as he swung with his axe of monstrous size.

"Look out!" Came a voice that seemed to be from both everywhere and nowhere at the same time. But, most importantly, it sounded exactly like that half-elf's voice from when he taunted the manticore earlier. Even at such times as these this entity found ways to keep himself amused.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Starfire » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:42 pm

After coming through the portal, she was expecting to got right to the archives. To her shock the wizard was already a step ahead of them and was seeking the thing that they were. She needed to get there first. She had no time to battle the minions of Clackamas. Thinking fast she decided to take the most direct route.

She ran right to the large breach in the keep wall. She ran past many who were fighting. She was even pursued by one of the creatures. Luckily, she was able to get past the wall and into the cloister gate. There she encounter another battle. She took her cane and tried to help a fleeing elder. They were able to take down the creature, not before he got his last blows in. Her arm was now bleeding. She was so focused on getting to the scrolls that she paid no attention to how bad.

Now leaning against the wall with peril all around her she now decided what to do next.
Starfire
Site Regular
Site Regular

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Magus » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:53 pm

"Greetings milady." The non corporeal being known as Sugam said. "Might I ask your name, or of what you'll be doing with those scrolls?"
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Next

Return to Role Playing