speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

The Tavern of the Mealish Plains

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Believer » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:36 pm

Jasmine took he plate and walked over to the nearest table. She had her usual breakfast, pancakes with berries, a glass of herbal tea and some rolls. "How much do I owe you this morning?" she asked, as she pulled out her coin bag. "Are there any grand events going on today? or the typical drunks coming back to the inn?" As she finished that sentence, the young boy came back in with a black eye "sir, one of the guest's caused a fight, and ran out in anger" he said, his voice was soft, and breath was heavy.
Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage. -Ambrose Bierce-
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:03 pm

The man who had struck the boy came stumbling inside after him pushing Sefhi to the ground. Before he could strike him again Kail met him head on barreling into him both landing on the floor roughly. the man struggled but was quickly subdued, Kail may have been the older of the two but he was swifter and was not drunk.

"Get out of my tavern, and if you ever strike the boy again you will answer to me" with that Kail helped the man to his feet and opened the door. The man looked at him started to say something then sneered and walked off muttering curses.
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Believer » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:27 am

Jasmin quickly stood as she say the man pushed the boy in the ground, but before she could do anything, kail tackled him to the ground. Sefhi just laid there curled up into a little ball on the ground, not moving. Granted it was many years ago, that was the first time that he had been struck since his slavery, and it brought back many bad memories. Though they were very painful, he is trying his hardest to fight them, and push them back, trying to remember that that was a long time ago.
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Fri May 26, 2006 8:08 pm

Kail knelt over the lad and wrapped his arms around him in a hug, holding him close.

“Its alright son, that man wont be bothering you again, why don’t you take the day off and spend that hard earned money?”
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Believer » Sat May 27, 2006 5:20 pm

Shefi slowly wrapped his arms around Kail returning the hug. "No no....I musn't I wish to gather as much money as I can, I wish not to miss another day, I.....I will be alright".

Jasmine Smiled slightly at the boy "dont worry young one, if he comes back, it is my turn to kick him out" she said with an mischevious smile.

Outside, the skys went dark and thunder could be heard. Naturally, this was no big deal, but it was quite akward for this time of year.
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Sat May 27, 2006 6:36 pm

A strom seems to be brewing, prehaps its best for you to stay inn" Kail said agreeing with Shefi.

Looking at Jasmine he smiled and helped the boy up.

"I have no doubt you would help but please go back to the couinter and finish your morning meal, then we can talk."
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Believer » Sat May 27, 2006 7:59 pm

Shefi stood and nodded "But there must be something I can do inside to make money?"

Jasmine nodded "as you wish my lord" she responded with a smile and a little wink. She went over to her table and finished her breakfast.
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Sat May 27, 2006 9:24 pm

Kail chuckled and shooed Shefi away knowing full well the boy would find something to do on his own. Sighing Kail returned to the counter and began to wash some more of the dishes.

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Believer » Sat May 27, 2006 10:15 pm

Shefi waundered off into the inn to catch up on some chores. after about ten minutes, Jasmin finished her breakfast "That was as deliscious as always If I do say so myself" Looking around at the mostly vacant tavern, she looked back at Kail "My my, its quite empty this morning isn't it? Thats not like this place". She thought a few moments then added "any reasons for such slow business?"
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Sun May 28, 2006 12:04 am

Kail smiled and nodded. "No reason just slow I suppose." Kail looked back to his sword that hung over the fire place and walked over to it stopping when he reached it.

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Believer » Sun May 28, 2006 5:41 pm

She slowly stood with a questioning look on her face "What is it?" she asked in a curious tone
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Mon May 29, 2006 8:54 am

"Jambel...my adopted son and his entire army has vanished north of here in the Tozi Dessert, I intend to go find them." Kail said reaching up and taking the sword down.
Last edited by Bread Butterbeard on Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing