speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

The Tavern of the Mealish Plains

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Believer » Mon May 29, 2006 1:07 pm

You can possibly go alone, I shall accompany you, who knows what is out there, it must be something great, and there is a better chance of surviving with both of us" She said in a sympathetic, yet demanding tone.

Sefhi slowly walked back into the room "May I come? I wish to help too" he asked in a hopeful tone. It appeared that he was listening in on their conversation
Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage. -Ambrose Bierce-
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Wed May 31, 2006 5:02 pm

"No!" Kail said a little more harshly than intended to the boy putting his sword back over the fireplace before turning to face Jasmine.

"The road will be long and dangerous M'lady, I can not allow such harm to come ot you, he is my son after all and my duty to go for him"
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Believer » Wed May 31, 2006 5:07 pm

Sefhi Cringed slightly at the tone of Kail "y....yes sir" he asked dissapointed and soft

Jasmine shook her head "And you are a good friend of mine Kail, I fear not the danger that lies ahead. I cannot let you go alone"
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Wed May 31, 2006 5:11 pm

"It is not your choice to make Lady of the Wood, your father if he were to hear about this would not approve." Kail said softly but not unkindly.
Last edited by Bread Butterbeard on Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Believer » Wed May 31, 2006 5:14 pm

"thats just it though m'lord, im lucky he lets me come here. He does not have to know. I have been wanting to get out for a long time, but he has never let me. Please....I cant let you go alone, and even if you do, i will find a way to get out and find you. I care about you too much"
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:25 pm

Kail lowered his eyes and simply noidded.

"Get your gaurds, they will refuse to leave without you as you know, Sefhi, my boy im counting on you to run the tavern while im gone, youll be paid accordingly"

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Believer » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:09 pm

"you and I will set out to get my gaurds, and then go" she said softly "I rather not take them, but I know you wont let me go otherwise" she added

Sefhi sighed and nodded "As you wish, but do you trust me with such a big respnsibility?
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:52 pm

Kail started to protest but sighed simply nodding in stead, Turning to Sefhi he knelt down and hugged the boy close.

"You too are like a son to me my boy, I would trust no other to run my tavern whilst im gone. Now go prepare and tell the others."

Walking to the fireplace where his sword hung Kail felt a moment of Despair creep into him, he was old...so old but he would not let his son fall, He picked up his sword once more and went into the back of his tavern and opened the dresser.

inside was a beautiful suit of elven chainmail, finely crafted with the emblem of a dragon flying over the sunrise. he put the armor on and belted his sword, oh how he wish Evergreen was still alive but his faithful horse had passed twenty summers ago.

Picking up his walking stick he went to his private quarters within the tavern and opened a draw. Pulling out from within it a single sliver gauntlet. The gauntlet was inlaid with gold trim and had the emblem of a ancient tree. This was the symbol of the druids but more importantly the symbol of the one druid who would help him.

"I never thought I would be wearing this again" Kail muttered as him walked back into the taverns common room fully dressed a blue cloak flowing about him.
Last edited by Bread Butterbeard on Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Believer » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:40 pm

She smiled slightly. She noticed the emblem on his armor, but did not question. "Things come up my friend, sometimes good and sometimes bad, but either way, we can not help it" she said sadly. Luckily for her, she already had her weapons on her which consisded of claws that can retract from the gauntlet on her right wrist and a curved sword which hands on her left side. "It is a long journey im sure and quite dangerous, but I know we will be successful" she said with a little smile
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:32 pm

Kail said nothing walking out the door leaving it open for Jasmine.

"I am going to miss this tavern..."

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Believer » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:28 pm

"I will miss it too my friend, as well as my home, but we shall see them again" she said with hope in her tone. "I shall return" She added as she ran off into the inn and got Gabriella. Only moments later, they both return where Kail was standing "I cannot leave her behind, and im almost certain that my guards will follow" she said with a bit of unhappiness in her tone. She looked around as if saying goodbye to the tavern then returned her gaze to Kail "Shall we?".

Gabriella shook her head in objection "i dont think this is a good idea m'lady, it does not sound safe for you, and you know your father would not like it" Jasmine sighed and argued back "i need to get out, i have been stuck inside those walls"

I understand that you want to get out m'lady, but walking to your death is not suitable"

Jasmine shook her head "you can go back to the castle, but Im not!"
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:32 pm

"Enough!" Roared the aging tavern keeper much more loudly than they thought he was capable of doing.

"If you are to come then let us be off, we must go get horses first, and it is her duty to follow you, make no mistake Gaberlla will gaurd and protect you with her life."

Kail turned and began walking to the town not bothering to wait to see what the others would do.

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing