speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Armageddon cRPG

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Armageddon cRPG

Postby t_tibke » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:57 pm

I know this Role Playing Section is meant for first person play, but I'd like to set up a group of people who will make regular posts in a campaign. And rather than spending a great deal of time with trying to make characters (though with this system it takes less than 3 minutes to create a character), I will put up a set of characters that you may choose from here on this thread.

The world of Armageddon has been in creation since I was 11 years old. I could call it my life's work and it would be an accurate statement. I will provide lots of visual elements such as character avatars and maps. While you are playing in the campaign, I will request that you utilize the avatar I've provided you for all of your posts. It will help keep up the flavor of the campaign.

The system I will use here will be an incredibly simple system I designed for 'on the go' Role Playing using cards that have very few stats and fit in your wallet; a 'card Role Playing Game' or cRPG. If you have role played before, it may seem too simple for you or you might enjoy the simplicity of the rules so that the focus is on the role playing; we'll see. If you have not role played before, then the system is easy to understand from the first few minutes of play. The invitation to play is open but the characters will be given out on a first come first serve basis.

The setting is a very classic fantasy setting involving many traditional races, as well as traditional classes. So with that said, I will wait to see if there is even some minor interest or objections before proceeding any further.
Last edited by t_tibke on Thu May 18, 2006 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:12 pm

I would be interested but that being said I am not sure how many people would be willing to change their avatars, to most they have become part of their online self and to ask them to change it in order to play may imo be asking to much, but regardless I would love to play.
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby t_tibke » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:12 pm

You may be right there, and since I see that you can put an image in your post... I'll simply give each of you a link to your 'in game' avatar and you can past that into each post. That should work fine.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Talon Sinnah » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:50 am

That would probably smooth things over. With a little more info I will consider it. Is there anyway you could give us more information?
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby t_tibke » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:54 pm

I'd be glad to put up some more information. I've received responses from 2 people, which would be fine w/ me (in fact, Broken Breath would work perfectly for that).
Perhaps though, some more info might entice some others to join.

Here are the two Campaign Selections I have prepared:

Broken Breath
In the lands of Raste, word has begun to be whispered, of a coup against the ruler of that nation, Chief General Ikaod Hartwading.
Various protests and aggressive acts have taken place during the past decade; in opposition to Chief General Hartwading’s expansionist views, but in recent years things seemed to grow ever more hostile.
And so it was that, the Grenard¬een (Edgewardens in the common tongue), wanderers of the wild wood, were given the order to watch for any sign of resistance and rebellion against the Chief General coming from either inside or outside the borders of Raste.

Starting Playing Characters

Trajan Ravensguard - One of the free wandering Edgewardens. Trajan holds the same name as the ancient hero, and has a great legacy to live up to because of it. And also like the hero of old, he has been bonded to one of the pixies of Raste, who's name is Tuli. As a result of this symbiotic relationship, Trajan has developed purple eyes.

Tuli Birchspark - Bonded to Trajan despite the dissaproval of her family, Tuli gives magical aid and guidance to the young warrior as he serves his years with the Grenardeen. She is jovial when awake, but as all pixies, she sleeps quite often. While asleep, she stays in the heart pocket of her 'familiar' Trajan.

Dark Paths
Upon the elven continent of Araduin, a coastal war rages upon the human settlements that have laid their foundations there. The ogre and human raiders who have come, now begin to take control of the coast.
With naught left to be done, an alliance of elves and men (though shakey and untrustful) battle their attackers for months. Still, they fail. As a last hope, the elves send a messenger across the sea to their ancient ancestors to plead for help.

Starting Playing Characters

Brill Flashcut - His parents were slain during some of the initial raids. Being unlikely best friends with the elf named Corithilindirinil of the house of Mooshaft, he is responsible for the alliance of the two races, though but fourteen years of age. He is brash and bold, but skilled in swordsmanship with the paired weapons, called: machblades, by his folk.

Corethilindirinil Moonshaft - Called Core, by most. This elf is friends with the human boy named Brill. He is second in line to the Throne of Fithsandil behind his older brother Alfarandil. Wise and empathetic beyond most others, he and Brill are bound together and destined to uncover the secrets that are brought across the seas.

There's really a lot to say, and I could spend a long time describing these more. Let me know if there are other more specific questions you'd like answered, and let me know which campaign suits your tastes!
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Hrm

Postby t_tibke » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:20 am

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if this is going to work if either of you don't log in more than once a week at least.

I myself am here to check stuff about 1 or 2 times every weekday. Weekends, no.

Let me know if either of you are still interested.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby SchoolTheOld » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:18 am

Are you still interested in setting this up?

I'm on once a day or so...It looks fun :0
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby t_tibke » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:10 pm

Yeah. I'd love to do it. I just can't seem to get more people going on it. And now being more familiar w/ Lycoria, it has some simmilarities, except we actually have a system for combat.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Fri May 05, 2006 3:38 pm

Beleiver and myself would play, she likes what she saw and I already said I would so you got us my friend.
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby t_tibke » Wed May 10, 2006 11:40 am

I suppose I'll go ahead and give it a shot then. Which campaign where you interested in starting up?
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Thu May 11, 2006 3:34 pm

Dark Path sounds like a plan to me
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby t_tibke » Thu May 11, 2006 5:26 pm

Okay. Sounds good. I have sent all those interested a PM. We should be starting within a week then.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Role Playing