speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Void's Tower and Castle

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ariel » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:10 am

Aelicia burst out laughing at the thought that they were the chosen saviors of the prophesy. "Forgive me, but I don't see myself as that powerful. Now since I'm in the dark about Varrens past, would someone care to enlighten me?"

Onward he travelled through the forest day and night with an emptiness inside and a purpose. Tai longed for his masters company and worried that something might happen in his absence. Soon, he would arrive and they would be re-united. He spotted a deer in the distance, crouched down low wagging his tail back and forth and with a burst of energy pounced on the object of his desire. overcome with hunger, he tore into the creature with abandon and feasted.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Dark Knight » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:06 pm

{Void is just outside the the small town of Redstorm, talking to Firestorm in his house}

Firestorm said nothing.

Void waited for a response, he hand to find the elders before they hand the box over.

"Do you know where the elders are?"

"No", Firestorm said.

"I will find the elders, coming?"

"you should not interfere"

"do you say that, to me or to yourself?" Void asked.

Firestorm said no more.

Void would travel to the small village of the elders, but that is probably not where the elders would hand over the box.
Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby Dark Knight » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:08 pm

Void travelled to the small village of the elders

The three main towers of the elders where in the center of the village. The rest of the village was made up of a few small houses.

"I have come along way to see the elders" Void said.

"they are not here", said the apprentice wizard.

"Please tell me where they are" Void said.

"I do not know",

"It is very important that I know"

"Like I said, they did not tell me"

"well someone must know"

"we are not meant tell anyone"

Void noticed a change in the air, someone was arriving.

"Well I hope that does not include me", Firestorm said.

Void turned to see Firestorm standing just next to him.

"Of course not, but who is this that I should be telling?" apprentice wizard asked.

"this is none another than Dark Knight", Firestorm said, using one of Void's old names.

The apprentice wizard had heard of Dark Knight, and didn't say a word.

"well come on we haven't got all day"
Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Anthentar » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:57 pm

Varren was still most skeptical of this story and of this appaent plan... but he had a love of tales. He thought back over his journey, suddenly he remembered where he'd heard something like this before. Wind Storm had spoken of this 'evil' behind the Zard invasion so many years before... but he hadn't gone into any detail.

Suddenly with a thirst for facts, Varren pressed the Lord Elf for more information. "What do you know about this evil?"

'Very little," the Lord Elf responded. "We know that it must have a greater influence over the far north than it does here. We know that it must be very powerful and we know that it does not, at this time possess physical form."

"Been scouting out the north, then?" Varren asked

"No," the Elf Lord responded. "All of that comes from a tribe of Zards whom broke free of their evil master and fought for us during the last war. They are still loyal to us... for now. If the evil takes hold much more, their allegience may change. Until then, we can rely on them to get you into the north."

"What?"
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become one. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." - Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 146
Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Ariel » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:27 pm

An elf maiden walks gracefully across the room with Aelicias pride and joy. "Tai, you have found us!" She bends down petting the creature. "And you've been groomed! You look and smell wonderful my friend."

"Now about those Zards. I suppose if they were your allies in war they can be trusted for now. Varren, Windstorm and Night star told us about the painted prophecy. Do you remember? When they first met us they said something about us being the chosen from the prophecies. Maybe this prophesy is painted on some ancient cave walls or something. Anyway, you can't fight fate. So, what do you think crusader? Are we ready for an adventure?" The bobcat blinked his eyes lovingly at Varren as if to say You'll be safe, I'll be by your side.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Anthentar » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:51 pm

"I don't worry about me so much... I've got little left to lose," he said sorrowfully. "This is odd, and if you don't mind, Lard Matius, I'd like to see some proof." The Elf Lord raised his eyebrows. "No offence intended, you have my word, but this is all so strange."

"But of course," the lord responded and he stood up. "If you will be kind enough to follow me to the library, I shall show you what lies in store."
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become one. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." - Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 146
Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Ariel » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:31 pm

Together they walked across the great hall to an arched doorway leading to the library. The entire peaked cieling was of glass allowing the sunlight to illuminate the room. They were in awe of the tall bookcases made of twisted tree branches and etched with elven symbols. Leatherbound books with gilt pages, and scrolls were lined up neatly along the shelves. The chairs were deeply carved mahogany with fine tapestry cushions. A most welcome sight.

Aelicia felt as though she would never really get to know Varren, of his past or dark secrets. He was a very strong willed and gaurded man. She wondered if there would ever come a time where he would let his guard down and let someone get beyond the walls he so carefully built.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Dark Knight » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:58 pm

{Void and Firestorm are at the small village of the elders}

"The Elders are at the ruins of the Pool of the Princess" the apprentice wizard said.

"please leave us", Firestorm said.

The apprentice wizard turned and slowly left the small room.

"why did you come?" Void asked Firestorm.

"I am unsure of that, but lets get to the elders" Firestorm said.

"why did you use my old name?" Void asked.

"not many know, that Dark Knight has become Void, they where probably told not to tell you, now lets go" Firestorm said
Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Anthentar » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:30 pm

"What do we know about the Zards?" the Elf Lord repeated as he seated himself nearest to a fireplace. Varren and Aelicia followed suit. "We do know quite a bit, you know. They are warrior nomads who have existed in the northern highlands so long as the highlands have existed, which would go back tens of thousands of years to the great cataclysm... anyway, I'm getting off topic. Our allies among the Zards are the settled folk who live on the southern fringes of the highlands. These folk have been oppressed and ridiculed by their brethen for many years, even before the evil took hold up there."

"They are warriors, you say," Varren inquired forcfully. "What kind of weapons do they wield? What organization is there in their armies? How many are there?"

"I can answer each of those, actually," the elf lord continued. "The Zards build their own weapons, always have and always will. Unfortunetly for us, once the evil took hold of them, their weapons were forged with a strange substance that left burning wounds in the flesh, sometimes so painful that those afflicted cried for death. Their armies are vast, but have little organization unless one of those shadows are nearby. That's how we beat them in the past. And as to how many there are, well they are likely the most numerous race in the world... save maybe for humanity."

"What are these shadows?" Varren inquired further. His attention had been grasped.

"We believe them to be an element of the curse that befell the Zards," the elf lord responded. "They seem to be some sort of physical manifestation of that evil. They cannot be killed, but their physical form can be destroyed with a little magic and not a tiny bit of luck." The Elf Lord paused, for he had noticed that Varren was in deep contemplation. "If you are thinking about your past, then you are correct. A Shadow did take control of your enemy and sent it against you. We don't know if it acted alone or as part of a greater scheme, but either way, you are here now."
Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Ariel » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:20 pm

Aelicia took in all that was being said as her mind wandered to the wizard they met at Void's castle. She looked toward Varren. "How can we find Dark Knight?" We could use his expertise in the ways of magic. With Dark Knight and the Zards who havn't been effected by the evil, Tai, and the dragons, perhaps we would stand a chance. We might be able to pull this off Varren.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Dark Knight » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:44 pm

Pool of the Princess

Void and Firestorm walked around the ruins, they had not seen the elders. The statue of the princess was broken in pieces. Black water was in the pool.

They herad talking, and made there way towards the source. Dark Knight watched the elders talking to two others. The elders handed over a box.

There was a bright light, the two glowed and then disappeared.

The elders where shocked, this was not expected.

"The gifts where given to the evil ones" Firestorm said part of the prophesy

The elders turned to see Void and Firestorm.
"Void you should have convince us that we where wrong" said one of the elders.

"I should have, Firestorm please tell these elders that I will not be an elder anymore, my name is Dark Knight, not Void"

"you can not, do this"

"As Firestorm is my witness, I have done this, now I will travel to one of the elven cities, to see if I can find out if the real two made it" Dark Knight said.
Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Dark Knight » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:35 pm

"you can not go back to your old name, Void is your name and title, if you give up your title you give up your right to Void's Tower", one of the elders said.

"It was my Tower long before I became Void, Void the great elder use it long ago, and give it to the elders to use but you elders didn't what it, now you do" Dark Knight said.

"Void the great set up the long line of elders know as Void's, and left many magical items in there, they are rightfully ours"

"pity you didn't take them, when you owned the Tower" Dark Knight said.

"you know we are right, the tower belongs to the elders"
Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing