speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Armageddon: Dark Paths

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

    Bookmark and Share
 

Postby SchoolTheOld » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:41 am

well, that's good at least :P

3high, 2high, 6low, 5low
User avatar
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: NZ
 

 

Postby t_tibke » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:52 am

Three of the four shafts let fourth, speed towards their targets and strike two seperate Thistle Lions. One takes two arrows and falls to the ground roaring for a moment, thrashing until it dies. The other takes an arrow behind its right leg and roars with rage, bolting off into the wood, away from the assault.

As this happens, the remaining Thistle Lions of the pride scatter into the brush and grasses, several coming upon Brill and his fighters.

Alright here's the initiative order. This inital attack by the elven archers fell into the Ambush category, and thus they may go again. For simplicity's sake, we will allow the fight to continue with the fighters and archers without making any tests. The number of Thistle Lions Core and Brill have to deal with will be all that make tests and that you will make tests against. In other words, if you deal with all of these, the fight is over.

Initiative
As you might be able to see (or if you read the combat rules) you'll see that each character goes on their INI, and then each 5 turns after that. Core, being incredibly swift as most elves are, gets 3 seperate actions in the Initiative Round.

    Name: INI
    Core: 12
    None: 11
    Thistle Lion1: 10
    Thistle Lion2: 10
    Thistle Lion3: 10
    Brill: 09
    None: 08
    Core: 07
    None: 06
    Thistle Lion1: 05
    Thistle Lion2: 05
    Thistle Lion3: 05
    Brill: 04
    None: 03
    Core: 02
    None: 01

So go ahead and post your actions in Character and then make the appropriate test with it (most likely AIM or COMBAT). I'm sure I'll be able to post as soon as Core does, and probably before Brill. If you happen to come around before its your INI turn Taith, you can post an action and test if you'd like, we'll just hold it until its your turn. Its pretty safe to do this first round.
T_Tibke
User avatar
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:37 pm
Location: AZ
 

 

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:30 pm

just let me know when it is my go and ill do my best
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
User avatar
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:35 am
Location: Haunting the ruins of Applegate
 

 

Postby SchoolTheOld » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Image

Encouraged by the success of some of my archers at least, I take aim to shoot the nearest lion.
User avatar
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: NZ
 

 

Postby t_tibke » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:01 am

Okay, I, then shoot. Make the test.
T_Tibke
User avatar
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:37 pm
Location: AZ
 

 

Postby SchoolTheOld » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:30 am

8 high
User avatar
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: NZ
 

 

Postby t_tibke » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:09 am

Again you pick 8! A number between 1 and 7 please! :)
T_Tibke
User avatar
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:37 pm
Location: AZ
 

 

Postby SchoolTheOld » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:26 pm

sorry...wasn't paying enough attention I guess :oops:

4 high
User avatar
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: NZ
 

 

Postby t_tibke » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:02 am

Sorry. The number was 1, you miss.

Core's arrow streaks towards the target, but the thistle lion's keen senses hear it coming and startle itself out of the way before the arrow can penetrate.
T_Tibke
User avatar
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:37 pm
Location: AZ
 

 

Postby t_tibke » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:07 am

Two thistle lions now charge into the brush where Brill lies in wait, his mach blades drawn.

I choose 1low and 4high. 2 Thistle Lion attacks on Brill.

Setting the TN (Target Number)
I sometimes send myself an email so I have record when I set a test, but in a case like this, where you wouldn'tve been able to pick a number before I attacked. I'd just go to a random webpage or document and take the first two numbers that appear from a particular corner you state to yourself before you open the page/document. Its pretty random, but remember you have to pick a number between 1 and 7 :)


A third Thistle lion bounds towards the tree where Core resides, clawing at its truck to get up.
T_Tibke
User avatar
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:37 pm
Location: AZ
 

 

Postby t_tibke » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:06 am

Where are you two? Especially you Taith??
T_Tibke
User avatar
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:37 pm
Location: AZ
 

 

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:38 pm

Sorry my comp died back then, I am still willing to play if youll let me.
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
User avatar
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:35 am
Location: Haunting the ruins of Applegate
 

Previous

Return to Role Playing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron