speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Armageddon: Dark Paths

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Armageddon: Dark Paths

Postby t_tibke » Mon May 22, 2006 9:36 am

If you have not been assigned a character, please see the Armageddon cRPG thread. This is the official In Character thread for the Armageddon Campaign called Dark Paths.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby t_tibke » Mon May 22, 2006 9:50 am

Prologue

Young Brill Flashcut met with Corëthirindirinil Moonshaft, or Corë as he was called by most, when Brill was 8 years of age, saved from a Thistle Lion of the woods by him.

Time passed by, and the two became friends in the young land of Araduin, where friendship among elves and men was not. But Brill’s father and mother approved of the friendship, and they owed Corë their son’s life.

Brill learned in slight from his father, for he was naught but a woodsman and hunter, but among the elves, Brill was taught much of swordsmanship and of many other wondrous arts and skills. So time passed in peace.

But alas, this peace did not last, and upon the coasts where the many settlements of the colonies of men were, came the Grimskull, or the Maroglon, as they were called by the elves later. They were raiders comprised of both men and ogres, and they stole the horses of the men of Jorduin, and the ogres ate them, and the Grimskull men formed a great cavalry with them. And so many of these horses were taken, that few remained to the men of Jorduin.

The men did their best to band together and fight these raiders who came, but alas, they were loosing, and many villages and settlements and homesteads were burned and families slain. Sadly, among these was the family of Brill Flashcut, who had just turned the age of 13.

But the friendship of Corë and Brill brought an alliance between the elves of the wood, and the men, though the elves did not wholly trust all men; for the raiders who came had men among them.

And so it was that many skirmishes and battles were fought, but the elves knew that they could not win with so few of their own warriors, even allied with the men. So it was, that Mardamír Riverleaf, the greatest mariner of the people of Fithsandíl, the city where Corë’s family ruled, was sent northward across the seas to gain the aide of the high elves of Fronérion.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby t_tibke » Mon May 22, 2006 10:05 am

Corë and Brill fought much during these times, and both had grown to be great warriors among their people. On this day, during the month of April, Corë and Brill were asked by Corë's father, Galïndiril Moonshaft, the king of Jorduin; to make for Fistman with what forces they can gather, and retake it from the Grimskull.

See the map in Armageddon cRPG of Araduin. Brill and Core are currently located in Fithsandil, the capital city of Jorduin, in the Moonshaft family palace. What do you wish to know, and do? Pose your character's actions, including dialogue etc. just as if we were writing a story. Don't forget your character Icons.

T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby SchoolTheOld » Thu May 25, 2006 4:30 pm

I have many friends in the village of Fithsandil, and so, I set out to find them. I visit the archery shops to restock my bow, and a few throwing knives as well. I check my purse to see my funds. How many people am I able to find in taverns, at the garrison, around the weaponry shops? Can I use my charisma to incite them to battle without payment, or do they demand some?

I also seek my brother, whom I have undoubted respect for. But he, for his age, is arrogant and likes not humans. In this he has lost respect for me, but I hope to coerce him, under our father's orders, to join me in battle.

just tell me if this is the style you want me to do things in
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby t_tibke » Fri May 26, 2006 11:24 am

Not exactly what I was thinking, but that'll work for now just fine. Here's what information clarifications I can give before Brill posts.

With both bow and long knife, and a quivver filled with arrows, Core stands with Brill before his father, Galindiril Moonshaft, king of Fithsandil.

Galindiril
Image'Your brother has been sent to the havens of Edrick, along the western coast,' said Galindiril to Core. 'There he will be doing his best to free the city from control by the Morgalon - the Grimskull.

'As for you, Brill, you have proven yourself to my family, and we know you will continue to show your skill in battle alongside my son. Continue to accompany Core to Fistman. But as I said, gather some troops to take with you. What remain of the forces at home here at the palace, are waiting in the garrison tents on the field outside.'

That should answer several of your questions and clarify some points of view. We'll wait for Brill to post, like I said, before you two make any movements or tests. Then I'll assume your heading to the garrison tents outside to gather warriors and you can make a test then.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby SchoolTheOld » Fri May 26, 2006 2:56 pm

Good good. Being on at random times to you guys will be to my benefit, I think. It's hard to get started in a city that both characters are familiar with without knowing very much about the city. <begins to plot>
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Fri May 26, 2006 5:12 pm

Sorry im ready to play, but i dont know how to add my pic
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby SchoolTheOld » Fri May 26, 2006 6:31 pm

if you right click the photo on the other forum, and say "copy image address, you can use the button on top of the message box to surround it (the one that says Img)...or type it in like this:

eg [ img ]www.thisstuff.com[ /img ]
<without the spaces of course!>
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Fri May 26, 2006 8:13 pm

"It will be done my lord" Brill bowed to show the elder elf respect and then turned to follow his friend Core.
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby t_tibke » Tue May 30, 2006 5:22 pm

So it was, that the two companions went away from the halls of the palace, and out onto the fields to seek elves and men who could accompany them. The air was cool, and the sun was obscured by clouds that drifted overhead in tattered shreds.

The fields seemed quite barren, save a soldier walking here and there. After a small amount of walking across the fields, you are able to gather some men and elves for your task.

Alright, make a CONVERSE test. I don't believe either of you have this skill, but it is an easy test, so you will get +2 LV's to your untrained CONVERSE skill. This will allow you to make a CONVERSE1 test basically. Please, each of you, pick a number beetween 1 -7 and say whether the skill will be adjusted UP or DOWN (in the event that you don't hit the number I pick exactly).

TESTS
As a recap on tests, for Lv0 Skills you must be within 1 of the number I choose. For Lv1 Skills you must be within 1, but you also get to make an adjustment after selecting your number (up or down) to move the number you choose either closer to the number I've selected, or farther away - which gurantees your failure.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby SchoolTheOld » Tue May 30, 2006 7:42 pm

6 up
Last edited by SchoolTheOld on Wed May 31, 2006 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby t_tibke » Tue May 30, 2006 10:44 pm

Up or down?
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Role Playing