speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Armageddon: Dark Paths

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Wed May 31, 2006 3:45 am

5 down
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby t_tibke » Wed May 31, 2006 9:22 am

The number was 4. Brill succeeds, Core fails.

With a few hours spent gathering troops and assembling them, Brill and Core manage to muster ten elven archers and fifteen men, trained with the sword.

So with that done, they make last preperations and decide on a course to take.

Alright, decide on a propper course of action to reach Fistman. You may discuss this with one another or ask for any additional information from me. There are no horses available for travel, so the journey will be made on foot. See the map of Araduin from Fithsandil to Fistman.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby SchoolTheOld » Wed May 31, 2006 3:55 pm

"I was hoping that we could grab more archers than that." Core admits to Brill, "But we can work with this, it should be more than enough anyway."

He lays out a map before Brill and explains his plan.

"Do you see these mountains here, to the East? I think that if we go around those mountains and then peer down on Fistman, we'll be able to succeed with minimal casualties. We can also remove any reserve troops that they have posted there. Our archery skills will come in handy, and we'll be able to see them before they see us. What do you think?"
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby t_tibke » Wed May 31, 2006 4:37 pm

Brill and Core, combined, pass an automatic SURVIVAL/LORE test, and know the following information that may be of use.

Map: Fithsandil to Fistman

- Fistman was once occupied by Men, who were driven off from the city. They had a great deal of horses, of which some, were taken under the control of the Grimskull.

- The journey from Fithsandil to Fistman is roughly 100 miles. This is approximately a two week journey. Appropriate food supplies have been gathered.

- The hills about Fistman come up very close to the city itself. The city is long, stretching east to west with towers at the northern end, placed every mile; and is built as if it was a wall to block the north from the south. This is its strategic importance as a stronghold and bastion.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Wed May 31, 2006 5:07 pm

Did i gain any thing for passing the test? or was it just that, a test?
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby t_tibke » Wed May 31, 2006 5:10 pm

You gained that many soldiers to accompany you on your task. As for anything beyond that, it was just a test.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Wed May 31, 2006 5:46 pm

So it is me, Core and 5 soldiers?[

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby t_tibke » Wed May 31, 2006 5:50 pm

No? Did you read? You, Core, 10 elven archers, and 15 men.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby SchoolTheOld » Wed May 31, 2006 6:04 pm

want to go into the hills, brill?
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:20 pm

I know how to read thank you, I was just asking, im still trying to learn ya know T_TIBKE. Yeah we could go that way Core, sounds like a plan to me

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby t_tibke » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:01 pm

Sorry Taith, I didn't ask if you knew HOW to read, just if you DID. :)

Now the time came for their departure from Fithsandul. Core and Brill, followed by their small band of warriors, began their journey southward into the hills east of Fistman; called by the elves the Maeth Anir, but by the men of Jorduin: The Silver Hills, for the leaves of the trees about them.

In what way are you traveling? Where are the positions of your warriors? And what are your plans when you come into view of Fistman?
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:05 pm

The men would be in 5 ranks or groups of three, spreadout, while the archers would be somewaht behind providing archer cover.

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing