speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Armageddon: Dark Paths

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby t_tibke » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:49 pm

Three days passed like leaves in the wind. The trees overhead provided a great deal of cover while the small company moved southward through The Everdale, towards the hills.

The general talk was thus:

Image Heath - 'Make no mistake, we have far too few warriors to take Fistman here.'
Image Hafwen - 'There are still many leagues that lie before us. Do not be so hasty to judge that the captain's plans have come to full fruition.'
Image Heath - 'Your kind are far too calm in your doings of war. How can we hope to take Fistman? The defenders of the city were a full garrison, and they were defeated in two days time!'
Image Hafwen - 'You speak with half a mind. They were not destroyed when they were defeated, many of them remain yet alive. They were simply driven away from the city, though now they are hunted.'

Within moments of hearing this speech, one of the elven archers set at the rear gave a cry of warning, like that of one of the common finches about the wood. It was the signal that he had seen something nearby.

Commands? What will you do? Attempt to discover exactly what it is? Prepare to fight? Prepare to flee? Prepare to hide? Anything you would like.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby SchoolTheOld » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:43 am

"I thought this might happen. Brill, I'm going to take a few archers and get into the trees, you men should patrol the ground. This whole attack depends on surprise. We should try to discover this threat immediately, and crush it before they can warn Fistman of our approach."
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby t_tibke » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:53 pm

Both of you make a PERCEIVE test and then a SURVIVAL test. Remember, if you don't have the skill, you can still make the test, its just hard to pass. And don't forget the up/down if you DO have the skill at Lv1 or higher.

If you have any other actions you'd like to take Brill, feel free to announce them.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:56 pm

5 high, 7 low
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby SchoolTheOld » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:06 pm

3 high, 4 high

if this happens again...would it be possible for you to tell us when we hit the hills so we can break up the troops? That would have been my preferred way to move through the (I assume) forested hills? It's kewl if that's not the way it works.
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby t_tibke » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:46 am

Taith'Jachim wrote:The men would be in 5 ranks or groups of three, spreadout, while the archers would be somewaht behind providing archer cover.

I was using these orders for your movements. So sorry, yes I sort of moved you right up into the northern part of the hills and even crossed a river kinda quickly. You now are just south of the Cir River. I did take into account that you have archers out behind, and they gave you a warning. I probably should've given you a +1 Lv bonus for that, but even with that, you two still had a rough pair of tests:D

The number for the PERCEIVE test was 1. Brill has 5 and Core adjusts up to 4. Neither pass.

The number for the SURVIVAL test was 1. Brill has 7 and Core has 4. Brill passes with no need for adjustment, and Core fails.

Swiftly, Core and several other archers scramble up into the trees. But the leaves are rather dry this season, and several crack and flutter to the ground, causing more noise than desired. Nevertheless, they are now prepared for whatever is coming through the wood to them. Still however, Core cannot see what it may be.

Moving along swiftly and silently through the brush, Brill takes several men and heads towards the rear of the travelers where the noise was seen. They kneel down, nearly invisible to any who seek their presence.

Presently, stalking slowly up over the edge of the hill, come a detachment of thistle lions, five in number. They appear to be hunting for their pride. Their keen senses detect a presence, but not on the ground. Their prey is in the trees?

Thistle Lion

Actions? Orders?
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:41 pm

I would like to draw swords and prepare for an atrtack but to wait, i give no singal to the archers letting core decide, also do our character know anyhting about these creatures?
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby t_tibke » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:16 pm

You are both quite familiar with thistle lions. In fact, one of these beasts is the reason you are friends (see prologue). Core is especially familar with them, as he has spent a great deal of time driving them away from more populous places of Jorduin. If you look at your card, Core, you will see that you have the HUNTED ENEMY: Lion, skill that you are in possession of because of this, and because you're a Ranger.

Thistle Lion - Predatory creature, evolved from the ancient breed of Lion. Common in the more southern areas of Jorduin. Carnivorous. Have been known to prey upon man.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby SchoolTheOld » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:49 am

Can my archers see the lions? Can I make a test to hit with arrows (all archers)?
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby t_tibke » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:34 am

No, because your PERCEIVE test was failed, there are too many branches obscuring your view still. Go ahead though, and make PERCEIVE tests and then AIM (attack) tests for five of the other archers who have a potential view and shot. Just put em in a row like this: 3high, 4low, 1high... etc.

Image Elven Archers HP 2 DP 0 DMG 1P/1 CH 0 INI 12 SKILLS AIM1, PERCEIVE1, AGILITY0, SURVIVAL0
WEAPONS/EQUIPMENT Long Bow(1P DMG), Long Knife (1DMG) ABILITIES HUNTED ENEMY:Lion (Thistle)

ImageHuman Fighters HP 2 DP 0 DMG 1 CH 0 INI 8 SKILLS COMBAT1, PERCEIVE0, AGILITY0, SURVIVAL0
WEAPONS/EQUIPMENT Broad Sword (1DMG) ABILITIES DEFENDER: Can Defend for another, only 1 Character heals.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby SchoolTheOld » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:07 pm

ok...so 6 in total...

8high, 7low, 2high, 2low, 5high, 5low
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby t_tibke » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:46 am

Actually, 10: 5 for PERCEIVE and 5 for AIM. I'll use the last 5 of those for PERCEIVE though (As there is no 8 on the 1-7 scale :) ). Just do another 4 for your AIM.

Four of the elven archers give the signal to Core that they have clear view of the Thistle Lions. With silent hand movements, Core gives the return signal to take them down.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing