speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Watchers Reborn RPG

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby SchoolTheOld » Wed May 31, 2006 5:37 pm

Kazman frowned and returned the healer's gaze. "How can it be that the healer's temple doesn't know where it's high priest or priestess is?"

"The high priests travel widely where they feel they are needed most. They stop briefly in every village they come across, but never stay for long, and don't have a home. Perhaps there is someone who can help you. Our village does have a scryer. He has been busy searching the lands for evil, but perhaps you can persuade him to use his skills for your benefit. Tell him that Mirdman sent you. His lab is very near the heart of the city, but deep underground so that he can read the feeling of the earth."

Kazman nodded quickly. He smiled at the princess. "You stay in bed, you hear? If you're worse by the time I get back, I will..." Knowing that there's no real threat that he can make, he gives up, sighs, shrugs, then heads out the door.

It took Kazman an hour to find the entrance to the Scryer's lab. A cowardly man, he had enclosed himself quite firmly within the grounds, and the building was neither decorated nor labeled. As he entered, Kazman noted with distaste the books and materials coated with dusk, the minimal torchlight which lit the room. He called out and received no reply. Shading his mouth and eyes with his sleeve, he took one of the torches from the wall and moved forward, calling out, "Mizman sent me...I wondered if you could do us a favour?"

Suddenly, a man sprang into his face. He was small and spidery, and the torch reflected off his glazed eyes.

"What do you want? What do you want?"

The man must be deaf, said Kazman to himself. He made appeasing gestures to the man, and presented himself for examination. To his horror, the man stuck his fingers in his mouth.

"Now speak!"

The greasy fingers rolled about on his tongue, and he nearly gagged on them when they reached back towards his throat. They never stopped moving.

"Ah yu th' scwyer?" He asked

"Of course, who else would I be??" The man squeaked. "What do you want?"

"Pwincesh...dying...Mishman shed 'elp. High pwiesht need." Kazman struggled to make the sentences as short as possible, tears in his eyes.

The scryer's fingers stopped moving for a moment. "And so you want me to find one for you? At Mizman's request?"

"Yesh."

The scryer removed his hand from the boy's mouth and headed off into the darkness, screaming, "Follow me, Follow me!"

And Kazman did. The darkness gradually faded into light and Kazman was privy to the largest mechanical object he had ever seen. It was shaped like a gigantic cannon, but at the end of the nozel was an emerald the likes of which he hadn't believed could exist. In perfect symetry, the shining gem hovered, and emitted every so often a pale green aura. The scryer scrambled up the smooth cannon and perched on the nozel, moving his hands lightly around the gem. A blast from his hands spread the next incoming aura into the atmosphere, and from this cloud of light, a light rain began to fall, green droplets, falling faster and faster, until they looked as though they made flickering solid lines.

Kazman watched with fascination as the shimmering light began to reveal a picture, a picture of the world, with hovering compass. The compass zipped over each of the cities and towns, but when it hit a certain spot, it gleamed, and sunk into the map.

"The priestess you seak is on horseback. She goes Northward, but I know not her quest. She goes quickly. You will need wings to catch her." The Scryer said softly.

"How will I know if she changes direction?" Asked Kazman, still in awe of the illusion he had just seen. "Do you know her purpose?"

"She seeks the evil doer, the maker of darkness. Her mind is closed to me, she will not be disturbed." The Scryer was starting to become irritable.

Kazman was suddenly aware that the Scryer could hear him without the fingers in his mouth.

"I am connected to you now. I can see through your eyes. In exchange for this help I have given you, you will become a focal point for my scrying. I have need of young eyes." His voice echoed through Kazman's head. "And this way, I will be able to see for you, if there is anything you should be aware of. You have my support, young man."

Kazman shook his head in disbelief.

"Go."

Without thinking, Kazman obeyed, returning quickly to the Princess to give her an update on that which had occurred.
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Believer » Wed May 31, 2006 6:09 pm

The healer stood in front of Syrine babbing her head continuously with a cold rag, trying to get her temperature down and trying to prevent the sweat from dripping. She looked worse then she did before he left. Putting the rag aside, he gently lifted the head of her acking body up, allowing her to sip liqued from a glass. coughing heavily, the healer quickly pulled the cup away, and lowered her head back to the bed. He looked at the entering boy "We must hurry" he said sadly.

Syrine looked over at the boy "wh...what is the news?" she asked weakly
Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage. -Ambrose Bierce-
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Wed May 31, 2006 6:15 pm

Flansburgh began to chant weaving his arms to and fore resting one of his hands on his necie. It would seem the boy had returned and just in time, Flansburgh wasnt sure how much longer he could maintain his magic and how long he could keep this up.
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Believer » Wed May 31, 2006 6:24 pm

"uncle...p...please stop, dont waste your energy on m...me, I will b....be alright" she said slowly, studdering slightly "Who d....did this to me? and why"
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby SchoolTheOld » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:17 am

"The scryer found a high priestess...but she is very far in the North, and getting farther ." Kazman glared at the princess, sitting up in bed, and pushed the covers down around her.

Seeing Flansburgh's concentrated look he rushed towards him, trying to disrupt the older man's concentration.

"No! Even the best healers in this land can't heal her! We need to find the high priestess. Hurting yourself won't cure her, only the high priestess will be able to!"
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Believer » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:05 am

"I feel so faint" she said ever so softly as she slowly laid back down. Suddenly, visions from her kingdom flashed through her mind, one by one. From a nice peaceful day to the day that it fell. She could still hear the screams of her people, and the looks on their terrified faces. The strange party about it, was a vision of the man she saw came often as well. Who was he? what does he want.

"This is useless, me laying h...here, doing nothing while the killer of our people is st...still out there waundering the lands" With that said, she slowly sat herswlf back up, kicking her legs around to the side of the bed, she slowly stood up.

The healer shook his head "No m'lady, you shouldn't be walking around, your not strong enough to, not yet"

Syrine simply looked at the healer. "I have my mother in me, and she is the strongest woman I know, i....i mean knew. If she can walk around with an arrow in her leg, I can walk around like this" Her voice was serious and determined.
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby SchoolTheOld » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:38 am

Kazman began to object, but soon realized that it is not his place. He felt a surge of admiration for the young princess, so determined to get out of bed. If he were a few of his other companions, he would sulk, and say, "If you want to die, go ahead, I don't care. An arrow is different from illness."

But he decides to leave this for Flansburgh. He is here only to assist. Any major decisions should be left to her caretaker.
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Believer » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:12 am

she gave a big sigh then shook her head "I lost everything to the enemy, and I shall repay him with the same kindless"

The healer shook his head. There was nothing more he could say to keep the princess here in bed until she was recovered enough to walk again. He leaned over and listened to the young boys ear "If she walks, the curse will work quicker, and will kill her within a day" he said sadly "I'm afraid that this is one we must restain just to keep her alive. She is feeling much anger and hatred at the moment, and nothin we say will keep her here. I have seen it before. And it always ended up in a tragedy"
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby SchoolTheOld » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:58 pm

Kazman nodded quickly.

"Princess, I am going to take Shadownight, and he is the fastest horse I have seen in my short life, therefore, the fastest route to getting you back alive, and at your full strength again. I can only promise to help in your quest if you might help yourself, and stay alive long enough to do it. If you die, the enemy wins.

I am going now, and when I return, you had better be alive."

With no more speech, he left the room, and holding his head firmly forward, he headed for the stables.

When he reached the horse's stable, he found him jumping for action, ready to go, and excited to see the son of his master again. He quickly saddled the horse, giving him a few brisk pats before spurring him into action.
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby SchoolTheOld » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:59 pm

Kazman nodded quickly.

"Princess, I am going to take Shadownight, and he is the fastest horse I have seen in my short life, therefore, the fastest route to getting you back to your duty, and at your full strength again. I can only promise to help in your quest if you might help yourself, and stay alive long enough to do it. If you die, the enemy wins.

I am going now, and when I return, you had better be alive."

With no more speech, he left the room, and holding his head firmly forward, he headed for the stables.

When he reached the horse's stable, he found him jumping for action, ready to go, and excited to see the son of his master again. He quickly saddled the horse, giving him a few brisk pats, and mounted. As soon as he reached the edge of the city, spurred him into action.
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Believer » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:16 pm

She sighed as she slowly laid back down in the bed. She thought to herself. She was no use dead, and he was right, the enemies would win. She did not know of this curse that made her so ill. But she could sense that It was nothing to underestimate. Her fever begun to rise. But she used all in her will power to fight it. he was right. She had to stay alive, and she was going to fight it the best she could, but there were no guarentees.

The healer gave a slight smile "You need to stay in bed, the more you rest, the faster you will heal" he said as reappeared next to her side and continued to dab her head with the cool cloth "Lets hope your friend hurrys back. I dont know how much longer you could last"
Last edited by Believer on Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:16 pm

Flansburgh sat down with his necie still chanting trying his best not to lose his hold over the magic.
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing