Watchers Reborn RPG

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderator: Bmat

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Bread Butterbeard »

“It is not your fault young niece” Flansburgh begun to say, but his niece took a look down at her side, swayed, and fell into him. Flansburgh put his cloak around her, bundling her up, making sure she would remain warm and dry during the upcoming storm. Flansburgh laid her down and made his way to a stable and retrieved a horse, he knew his niece would not be able to ride by herself and he would have to help her. Picking her up and setting her on the horse, making sure she was secure; they fled through the side of a crumbling outer wall and was soon deep within the surrounding forest. Setting up camp, making a fire in Flansburgh rested, lost in memory.
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends

Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Believer »

As the night carried on, the storm moved on as the next morning slowly approached. Small groans escaped from Shiras chapped lips as she slowly woke up. Slowly opening her eyes, she quickly brought her hands up to shield her eyes from the blinding light. “Wh….where are we?” she asked as her eyes adjusted to the morning light. Lowering her hands, she pushed herself into a sitting position. A rainbow was seen stretching across the sky above. Something was odd about this forest they were in. Though it seemed peaceful, and its beauty was indescribable, there was not one sound that could be heard. No animals could be seen playing, no birds found be heard chirping.

“There is something…odd about this place,” she said softly. Looking around slowly, she spotted figures of an unusual shape walking around. “What in the world?” she asked as she noticed the weapons in each of their hands. One of the men looked at the two and shrugged their shoulders while walking away. A younger looking male ran over after seeing the wounded girl and the man “Looks like you two have been through a lot, can I help?” he asked in a pleasant tone “By the way, my name is Kazman” he added. “She looks like she is in pretty bad shape. If you are seeking healers, Martingale is thirty miles to the east, and Betheill’Dali is only seven miles to the north. Her face grows pale, so to the north may be your best bet, here..” he said as he called a horse over

“This is shadownight, he is one of our fastest, you may get there faster if you have two horses, you go ahead and take him” He handed the reins to the man “If you walked, she may not make it, she lost a lot of blood. Yall better get going, and safe travels,” he said with a smile. Shira sat there looking at the boy, and then turned to look at her uncle as the boy left “uncle…I don’t want to go to the healers, please. Please don’t make me” Shira nearly begged, sounding weak, and getting weaker by the moment. She was at the point where she could hardly sit up. “You know I don’t like them, Ill be fine….really…..If I do go, I will just escape...you know I will, I have done it before, like when they left me to rest…”
Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage. -Ambrose Bierce-

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Flansburgh leveled his eyes at his niece silencing her, she knew full well he would find her and she would be bound to the bed so he said nothing.

“To Betheill’Dali we will travel, stay clear from the kingdom of Ken Dale Kazman, it has fallen into enemy hands and is not safe for travel, you are welcome to travel with us if you like and I thank you for the offer of the horse.”

With that Flansburgh nodded to his niece and walked to her side ensuring she did not think to have any ideas of running, after all he was only looking out for her best interest the horse following going over to the girl nuzzling her lovingly
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Believer »

Shira was about to say something, but shook her head and kept silent, knowing it would do no good, besides, she knew if she was to make any kind of journey, she needed to rest, or she would not last. The pain started to worsen as her cloths became covered and stained with the blood from her would. Something needed to happen quickly, because Shiras clock started to tick.

The young boy stopped in his tracks and turned back around to face Flansburgh. “I know it has, a few of our men were there fighting for it and lost their lives in the meantime.” He looked at Shira briefly “They were fighting to get to you…..princess, but they had no such luck. "My deepest apologies.” He had a saddened look on his face then looked back towards Flansburgh “I would be honored to accompany you”

Shira looked up at the young boy “please…do not call me that, I cannot be the princess of a place that no longer exists” she said sadly. If they were to get going, Shira grabbed onto the main of the horse and slowly started to pull herself up into a standing position. But before she could get even halfway up, she fell back onto her back. Deep coughs escaped from her lips, though the pain was almost unbearable, she was surprised that she made it that far up.

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Flansburgh lifted her up onto the horse with Felwins help and fastened her there with his cloak. “Young niece you are still princess, regardless if the kingdom stands or not.” With that they began there journey to the neighboring kingdom, dark thoughts on Flansburghs mind as night began to fall.

Betrayal was not so uncommon but for a Cyne’Eard to falter in his sworn duty as his nieces fathers had was unheard of. Dark times were upon the land; a new enemy had surfaced and in a single day destroyed an entire kingdom. Flansburgh walked in silence leading the horse allowing Felwin to ride the other one.

Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Believer »

Felwin casually pulled up beside Flansburgh and leaned down “We better make haste sir, she wont make it at this speed, and after everyone you lost already; I would hate to see you loose her too”. With that said he slowly pulled himself back up and glanced at Shira giving her a reassuring smile.

Shira rode on the horse slowly fading in and out of contentiousness. “Death is near” she said very softly to her uncle “I can....feel it”. Flansburgh can sense presents around them, though they don't seem to bother them, just observe them. Strange enough, Felwin can sense them as well, but keeps quiet. He looks at Flansburgh once again “Why don't you get up on the horse behind Shira so we can move quicker”

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Flansburgh nods slowly his eyes scanning for the unknown presence. After a moment of hesitation he mounts the horse and kicks its sides charging off to the town, Felwin following behind him, they could see it now in the distance, the town was massive, city would be a better word for it, the guards manning the wall rushed out to greet them followed by a healer who had been near by. Thank the Light Flansburgh thought to himself as they reached the city.

Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Believer »

Felwin rode forward and gave the healers and the guard a quick summery of the situation. The guard quickly grabbed the reigns of the horse that Shira and Flansburgh were on. Shira slowly looked up with her pale face and glazed eyes “your in l...luck, I am too........weak to r...r...run this time” she stuttered greatly through her chapped cold lips. She slowly started to slip unconscious once again, but fought it, and won this time. The guard reached up and helped get Flansburgh down trying not to jolt Shira too much.

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Flansburgh pushed the guard away motioning towards his niece. “Go to her, she needs you help more than I.”

The guards brought shira to the healing center, Felwin and Flansburgh following close behind. The healer who meet them at the gates introduced himself as Garkul Yissum before tending to Shiras wounds. It took many hours but at last the healer came back out to meet them telling them the girl would make it.

Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Believer »

A smile flashed across Felwins face “Well, that is very good news to hear, May we see her now?” he asked in a relieved tone. The healer nodded his head slightly “Of course, but only for a few minutes, she needs her rest, she has had a very trying time”. Felwin nodded in response, and waited for Flansburgh to enter Syrine's room, so he could follow behind.

Syrine laid there in a bed of white silk Sheets, and a flora vivid blanket. The room filled with candles, and oils which put a sweet pleasant scent in the air. The color of Syrine's face had not fully returned. As her uncle and the other younger gentleman entered along with the healer, she slowly opened her eyes and looked up at them one by one slowly, then returned her gaze to her Uncle “Uncle” she said softly with a slight smile. He smile slowly faded “I can feel evil near by” she said in a somewhat worried tone

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Flansburgh took his nieces hand and held it softly sitting next to her.

“Do not worry, we will be safe within these walls, but yes evil does search for us, whatever destroyed our people will not leave us be.”

Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Believer »

"What makes you so sure that they are not within these walls, Evil can stir in the most unexpected places, or people" She said in a serious tone. Felwin looked more worried then her as she spoke, it was almost like he was hiding something. But then again, he was the only one who offered his assistance, when they were in need. "once I am recovered enough" she regained her breath then continued "Will you train me to fight?"

She knew how to fight already, but she felt it was not good enough for what danger lies ahead.