speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Watchers Reborn RPG

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Sat May 27, 2006 6:32 pm

Flansburgh began to shook his head but stopped and simply nodded. Felwin looked at them both and smiled.

"These walls are safe, they are protected by the magic of the elders."
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Believer » Sat May 27, 2006 8:00 pm

"they may not be protected enough" she said slightly and unintentionally mocking the attempt of the elders magic. "I will be up and around hopefully tomorrow, there is no time to waste"
Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage. -Ambrose Bierce-
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Sat May 27, 2006 9:23 pm

"You will be up when the healers say so and not before then young neice."

Flansburgh stated softly but the look in his eyes let his neice know there was no room for debate.
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Believer » Sat May 27, 2006 10:20 pm

"IU must be able to fight uncle....I must be able to fight for my m....mother and father" she said softly in sincerly. The look in her eyes were that of great pain and sadness. her eyes turned slightly red, as if she was about to cry, but she used what little strength she had to hold back her tears, not wanting to cry in front of her uncle.

The healer was silent until now. He cleared his throat "She needs to get her rest if she is to recover any time soon, you are able to come back in the morning"
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Sun May 28, 2006 12:05 am

Felwin and Flansburgh both nodded and left going to the rooms that were provided by the people of the healing center.

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Believer » Sun May 28, 2006 5:37 pm

Syrine sighed as they left and closed her heavy eyes. What only seemed like minutes later, She woke up in a heavy sweat. Her eyes were wide with fear, for about ten hours later, she awoke from a terrifying dream, reliving what happened the day before when her home fell and parents were killed. Felwin slowly walked out of his room, stretching, wiping the sleep from his eyes.
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby SchoolTheOld » Sun May 28, 2006 11:54 pm

Bringing with him a surprise. It is Kazman, the boy that had been so intricate in their survival, in cloak and hood, dressed for travel, and with rings beneath his eyes that showed the effort he had taken to get there. When his eyes beheld the princess, looking flush and healthy, at least relatively speaking, he smiled, and went to take her hand.

"I'm glad that Shadownight's speed was enough to help you, my princess." He said lightly. "I know I am small, but the leaders of my father's men have asked me to accompany you, and assist you in your journeys. Their seer saw a great latent power in you, and know that you must be protected at all costs."

He turned to Flansburgh, who was evidently about to protest this recent development. "Sir, I am a skilled hunter, and trapper, and I know well the cities of the North. I was brought up there, and with my father as a messenger, we travelled to many cities. I will labor to endeavor your safe travel when you leave this place. Let me know if there is anything I can do."

Again, that sweet boyish smile. Flansburgh can see the quiver of a hunting bow behind his shoulder, and a cannister of darts in a baldric that hung across his chest, two knives in his belt. Though sweet seeming, and relatively innocent, this boy is prepared to kill. Flansburgh has no cause to doubt his claims.
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Believer » Mon May 29, 2006 1:21 pm

Syrine looked at the boy. Her head was nearly dripping with sweat, and the top part of her gown was soaked. "Im glad...you decided to join us Kazman" she said slowly. "I know not what is out there but I have a feeling it is going to be worse then the fall of my kingdom. Im not sure what your people see in me, but none the less, im glad to know that my kingdom will not go down in vein".

Syrine then looked over at flansburgh "When may I get out of this bed uncle? Im starting to get restless already". Her face was almost full of color again. It looked as if she was healing rapidly, Though, there is no telling how much strength returned to her body. Taking a deep breath, she slowly pushed herself up to where she was leaning on her elbows. Taking a moment to rest, she pulled herself all the way up into a sitting position. Almost all the candels in the room wnt out, yet the sweet fragrance still lingered in the ait.

Felwin stood beside Flansburgh "Whatever it takes, the one who was responsible for the fall of our home will pay. I may have only been a stable boy, but it was happy there." Leaning in slightly, he softly whispered into Flansburgh's ear "I feel that our time may be running out, If the enemy found out that there were survivors, they may be coming back"
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby SchoolTheOld » Tue May 30, 2006 4:40 am

Kazman is quick to notice the opportunity to prove himself to this seeingly intricate group of people, and stands, quickly kissing Syrine's hand.

"I will talk to the healers, and to the guards, and see if they have noticed any goings-on outside the city walls." He said. "If there has been anyone following you, they will know it, and I will know it. There is powerful magic in this city, and not all of it is used to heal."

With a swish of his cape, and a brisk step, he is out the door, and on his way to talk to the Captain of the Guards.
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Believer » Wed May 31, 2006 6:08 am

She nodded, and laid there patiently, waiting for him to get back. Meanwhile, She was getting tired of acting like a bump on a log. She threw her feet around to the edge of her bed so her feet dangeled right above the floor. She groaned slightly. Taking a deep breath, she tempted to stand. Keeping her balance, she tried to step forward. Not enough strength returned to her body and she fell hard to the ground.
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby SchoolTheOld » Wed May 31, 2006 7:58 am

Kazman talked briefly with the captain, who was unwilling to say very much about what was going on.

"It is happening all over." He said, shaking his head, "Kingdoms, going mad as a hoard of boars. It's distressing news, especially for the healers. We have refugees from all over, that have come here for sanctuary. They are constantly on the lookout for anyone who has been associated with the change, and all their magic is taken up by keeping this place a sanctuary, and seeking out what might be done to halt the trouble. They will not have time for a lone princess of a single land."

Kazman, knowing that there is not so much that he can say to that, nodded, and returned to the princess's side. Upon entry to her chambers, he immediately noticed the empty bed, and the open window. A draft in the room of a sick person? Even he knew better! He called frantically for her, and finally came across her, slumped down beside her bed.

"Princess, Princess!" He yelled. He felt for her pulse, and at her head. Feeling the heat pouring from her skin, he picked her up, and covered her firmly.

He closed the curtains, and went running down the hall, returning with all haste accompanied by a healer.
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Believer » Wed May 31, 2006 8:21 am

Syrine laid there looking at the healer and the boy "All I wanted to do....is try to walk. I...Fell to the ground, but when I l...looked up, the window was open, and I s....saw a man dressed in a black cloak st....standing before me. I....I think he casted s...some kind of spell on me, then started to approch me. Wh....when he heard someone coming down the hall, he got scared and r..ran out" she said softly. Her face was red and lips were chapped.

The healer stood above her shaking his head "I have never seen an illness take an effect this quickly on a person unless it was..." he paused a moment. A worried look had appeared on his face, then he sadly continued "Unless it was a curse. Whoever wants you dead my dear, certainly is trying hard" He then returned his gase to the boy "She needs a high priest or priestess, and I dont know where to find one"

Syrine sighed "The enemy knows im down, and they are going to make sure I stay that way, n...now they will be targeting you and my uncle"
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing