Pool Area and Trophy Display

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderator: Bmat

Qray

Post by Qray »

"Now,” Landrew said as he took a seat at the table. “Let us discuss this quest you are on for I am the only Elder who endeavors to see it through to the end..."

Boikat realized something. "That's good. After all, I seem to have forgotten what we were looking for anyway."

“That thing,” Q2 said rejoining his companions and also taking a seat. “You know. That thing, that the boss once left at that place,” he continued. Staring at Landrew. “HiHo there.”

“Landrew,” the Elder said with a slight nod. “Elder of Crossroads.”

“Frodo Montgomery,” Q2 replied holding out his hand. “High Priest of Plaid Pants.”

Landrew stared at the man for a few moments before shaking his hand. “I didn’t realize Q-clones were naming themselves now, other than their clone designation, of course.”

“Well, you know,” the clone said with a lopsided grin. “Looks good on the resume.”

“You seem to know a lot,” Ariel interjected. “Like that he’s a clone.”

“And that we’re here on a quest,” Dark Knight added.

“One does not become a Crossroads Elder without knowing a few things,” Landrew said with an easy smile to Ariel and as he did, Q2 discreetly elbowed Boikat to trace out letters on the table with his finger...

R...O...A...D...K...

Stopping suddenly when Landrew looked back.

“So why are you the only Elder willing to ‘see our quest through?’” Ariel continued, but before Landrew could give an answer. Either cryptic or otherwise, Boikat turned to the clone and blurted out “You’ve got to be kidding me! THAT’S What we’re here to get!?!?!”

All those at the table looked to Boikat, and then to the Q-clone, who in turn acted as if he were studying the ceiling architecture.

“Huh? What?”

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Aldan decided that he needed to get another drink. However, instead of signaling, he stood from his chair and walked to the bar to order his Diet Unnamed Cola product and he smiled in a friendly way at the obviously not-elven lady, but didn't say a word. When he got the drink, he picked it up in his right hand and then nodded to her with another smile and walked back to the table, passing behind the supposed Elder, Landrew.

"Two for two," he thought as he looked at the item in the left hand sitting in his lap, as he sipped his DUC beverage and pretended to pay attention to the "Elder".
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

Landrew
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Landrew »

Landrew looked into everyones eyes around the table before continuuing. Crossroads is Maintained within its own dimensional bubble by thousands of loast souls. People who had been psychically imprisoned in a Vessel that over time was wrestesd from the evil that put them there. With my help , of course. They now exist to server Crossroads and keep others from destroying the multiverse as we know it. If the artifact(s) fell into the wrong hands, we may cease to exist in very short order.....

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Aldan quietly reached the hand with the item in it into his pocket, then pulled forth a small case. From it, he pulled a pair of contact lenses. After inserting them, he smiled inwardly. "Try reading me through my eyes now," he thought...
---Mark Twain

ProfCrash
New User
New User

Post by ProfCrash »

PC pops in

"Don't mind me, I need to find something."

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

*Aldan looks up, then stands and bows with flourishes*
I don't mind you. You are welcome in our company and I wish you the best of luck in your search. However, I may be able to help you with that. What is it you seek?
---Mark Twain

Nomad
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Nomad »

Nomad was tinkering around with what he thought were controls for the Way-back machine (he laughs to himself). He was tired and started to drift off. His head bobbing.

"OK, Ill just rest my head for a few minutes and get right back to figuring this thing out."

Nomad rested his head down on what looked like a soft protrusion on the console. Like a snap of light and power, Nomad felt like he was drifting in space. He saw himself at the console and yet he was outside of himself. He started thinking about the rest of his shipmates and friends. One of the globe-0like windows seemed to enlarge. Nomad peered into it and saw Merle, Gunpher, Boikat and Qray in..er..the Jungle. Nomad shook his head as if to loosen the cobwebs and was thinking that he could use a Sammy and a shot of Stoli.

Nomad woke up from his slight slumber and once again shook his head. Licked his lips and pulled out his never ending mug of Sammy. "Hey, where did I get this?", he asked himself. "OK, So I am back into my own body...cool." Now back to this device..Nomad began playing with the controls again

Meanwhile, back in the jungled variation of Earth, Qray stopped suddenly and mentions that he could use a Sam Adams and a shot of stoli....

MrB
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by MrB »

The door swung slowly open, there was an eerie creak as though someone were scraping their fingernails down a chalkboard, silence followed, even the piano stopped playing... the dark figure walked over to the bar heads followed as he moved, confidence brewing with every step, he reached the bar, leaned over the counter grinned through the Groucho Marx style beard and glasses and said...

"So am I still barred then or what ?"

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

After having a couple of exotic drinks, Ariel was feeling rather social. She yells over to the newcomers to come and join her at the table. The little dragon was getting bored and blew a flame every time someone lit a cigarette, much to everyones amusement.

Nomad
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Nomad »

Nomad pops out of vorlon space long enough to nudge Ariel. 'Hey ariel, that MrB is in the PATD bar, I believe".

MrB
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by MrB »

MrB pulls from his pocket a large pink piggy bank, and empties the contents on the bar... he puzzles over them for a moment...

£3.48 in two pence pieces, 1,000,000 Turkish Lira, half a bar of nougat, a pea shooter, four washers, three somewhat hairy half sucked gobstoppers, a dog eared copy of Dirk Gently's holistic detective agency and a teabag... (it's a big piggy bank)

MrB looks at the barman... then looks back to the mess on the bar... then back at the barman...

"will this get everyone a drink ?"

The barman smiles and nods...

Woohoo drinks are on me !
You can't dangle the bogus carrot of possible reconciliation in front of my face whilst riding some other donkey.

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Qray wrote:"Wait...wait...nope. I still got nothing."
-Col. Jack O'Neill. SG-1

"See, that's not the kind of behavior I'm used to seeing from you guys," Gunpher muttered as everyone watched Q play ring-around the blood sucking tendril tree.

"Hey! This thing must track by sensing motion!" the highly intoxicated rogue laughed and suddenly came to a complete stop and froze as the tree's tendrils searched around and then finally came to a stop only to begin flailing around once more as the man began to again run around the tree. "I'm too fast for youuuuu...I'm too fast for youuuu...can't catch meeee...can't catch meeee..."

"Nah, he's ok," muttered Merle as continued to free Mavin. "Hey, what did you mean, it's going to be a hot one?"

"Yup," Gunpher muttered. "not the kind of behavior I'm used to seeing."

Looking down, Merle noticed that Widget was joining the fun, cavorting like a little kitten, batting at and pouncing the swinging tendrils.

Merle just shook his head. "You know, you don't have to keep up that act any more. Everyone knows what you are now." Widget just stuck her tongue out, wiggled her butt, and pounced the tendril again.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.