Pool Area and Trophy Display

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderator: Bmat

Mikira
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Mikira »

"Whatever it is or isn't, we appear to be surrounded by it." As she turned to face Q the ground erupted between them and she jumped onto the boulder she used as a shield earlier. She couldn't believe her eyes as a giant worm lifted out of the ground. The sound it made was deafening.
God doesn't make mistakes.

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Aldan's eyes lit brightly now, shining upon the stoli sand, as he reached deep into his pocket and began to slowly withdraw a huge, flexible post, with large alloy hoops projecting from one side of the thing. As he continues to pull it out, those nearby hear him chuckle, "See? I told you white men weren't small, but you just wouldn't believe me."

After about a minute, Aldan begins wrestling with a huge, clunky mechanism that is attached to the same side of the rod as the hoops, and finally is able to withdraw it from his pocket. Then Aldan looks with meaning at Merle as he finishes putting together the crank of the thing. Merle, however, seems to be ignoring him, so he shrugs and then withdraws a huge metal hook with a large barb at its tip, pulls out a couple of heavy metal balls ("Who's got the biggest... balls of 'em all?!?") and then pulls a rope from the mechanism and sets about attaching everything....
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

Valen
New User
New User

Post by Valen »

The Minbari Religious Icon, strolls up to the bar and slids onto a stoll. "Hey Cloney.. long time no see." Cloney turns and spies the robed figure..

Cloney smiles, walks over to the coffee pot and pours Valen a cup.
Hello old friend...

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Bmat the Minbari Bear runs over and gives Valen a bear hug.

Angry Bear frowns. "Bmat the Minbari Bear hugging Valen. Angry not sure he likes this."

Qray

Post by Qray »

"Wow!" Q said casually standing atop a sand dune with a vodka lemonade in one hand and a smoke in the other. "Either someone dropped acid into my corn flakes this morning, or that is one big bass worm!"

"And just where have you been?" WildCard wanted to know as she crested the dune.

"What do you mean?" the man asked sipping at is drink. "I've been right here the entire time."

WildCard didn't say anything. She just folded her arms across her chest and tapped her foot on the sand as she stared down the rogue.

"Ok," Q relented. "I've had a bad case of writer's block. A really bad case."

"Shouldn't you do something about this?" the cardweaver asked nodding in the direction of the worm tearing up the beach.

Q shook his head and sipped his drink again. "Nah, Aldan's got it covered."

WildCard glanced at Aldan's contraption. "Are you sure?"

Q shrugged. "It's froody. Aldan knows where his towel is at. Besides," the man pulled a large shovel out of one of the pockets lining the insides of his longcoat. "If that doesn't work. I've got plan B right here."

"You're planning on chasing a demon spawned worm from hell around the beach and try to whack it with a shovel, aren't you?"

Q sipped at his drink. "The thing's eating my Stoli, Card. Gotta protect the ole homestead."

WB VALEN!
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

PureTeen Lard
New User
New User

Post by PureTeen Lard »

I will bend like a reed in the wind . . .

"What?", yelled Hilary as she ran for dear life. Behind her the worm roared and writhed. Pure turned and emptied his gun into the worm. He may as well have been throwing pebbles. As he watched, Merle did the fireball thing again and the worm changed direction.

Teach me this weirding way . . .

"Will you please shut up?"

"Just how do you get rid of a four hundred foot worm?"

Behind them the worm belched. Stoli fumes blasted out across the beach ruffling and streaming Pure's hair out behind him. Hilary staggered under the influence of the intoxicating wind and fell to her knees.

"Это настолько хорошо!", she said.
Last edited by PureTeen Lard on Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Having finally finished his efforts, Aldan avoided the Stoli cloud and ran toward the side of the worm. On reaching a comfortable distance from it, he reached down and flipped a switch on his boots and then pulled on some gloves that had twinkling lights at the wrists and went all the way up to right below his armpits. The manic gleam increased in brightness as he then lifted the huge pole and mechanism with a small shrug of his shoulders, glanced at the worm's head, and then launched the barbed hook at the mouth, right as it turned to see where the light was coming from.

"Bullseye! No, wait, um, Worm's Mouth!"

With almost blinding speed, Aldan now ran toward the backside of the ugly squirmer and set the hook properly.

"Q!! Would you please point out the closest large body of water for me? By large, or by AND large, I mean an ocean or sea or mar or mare or whatever you wish to call the Stoli Sea. I need the closest area of it!"

Meanwhile, the worm thingy decided he didn't really like the taste of the barbed hook and was trying to spit it out, which sent sprays of Stolified saliva all over PTL and Hilary.

"Hey! Pure! You'd better get Hil away from that wormy thingy! She'd not make much of a snack, but it does seem hungry, and she seems a bit, uh, inebriated," Aldan yelled.
---Mark Twain

Qray

Post by Qray »

"Это настолько хорошо!", Hilary said.

"That's pure Stoli, baby! Only the best!" Q cheered from the top of the dune before spying Aldan hooking his prey. "Well there's something you don't see every day."

"Q!! Would you please point out the closest large body of water for me? By large, or by AND large, I mean an ocean or sea or mar or mare or whatever you wish to call the Stoli Sea. I need the closest area of it!" Aldan shouted.

Q looked to WildCard, who looked back to him before they both glanced to the right and the vast ocean that stretched from one horizon to the next.

Q pointed at the great vodka expanse of the Southern Stoli Straits, which lay about 200 meters away from Aldan. "Uh, you can use that one, chummer."

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

"Would it be deep enough to use to catch a decent-sized fishy thingy? I need a decent cliff to cast off of, too!"

*Aldan listens to the inner voice of reason state that he was being a bit picky, but ignores it, as usual*

"Well?"
---Mark Twain

Qray

Post by Qray »

"Do you want a well, or an ocean, Mr. Picky Word Guy?" WildCard was quick to point out, but Q waved her off. "Oh yeah, sure. Plenty of Wallet Anglers in those waters.

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Aldan then nods his thanks to Q, grins at Wildcard, then pulls a fragile vial from his pocket and hurls it into the wormy mouth. Then he sprinted the 200 meters in about three seconds, letting the string out behind him. By the time he got there, the worm had finally begun to experience the very pleasant taste from the vial, so Aldan then splashed a second vial onto the Stoli-rocks *Ice, Ice, baby!* and then stepped up onto them, getting some on his stylish black boots.

The wormy thingy, of course, decided that it wanted more of that taste, so it set off toward the delicate scent with all its available speed.

Aldan then reached down with his free hand and tweaked his boot controls right as the worm came up for dinner and, missing the bait that was the long-haired coat wearer (who was now 30 meters above the ground), launched itself into the Stoli Sea Straits (the only way to really see straight when full of Stoli), landed with a splash, trailing the line from its hooked mouth, and then almost immediately being grabbed by a monstrously huge fishy thingy.

Aldan looked at the tremendous thing and sighed, cutting his line, "That'd put me above my fishing weight limit. I HATE fishing licenses!"
---Mark Twain

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

"Now that was a fish story!" Quipped Merle. Pure nodded, while Wildcard and Ariel groaned.

Merle then noticed a weird purple and yellow stiped demon thing with one horn chasing another demon thing with pink polka dots with three horns. They were howling at each other in different keys. Merle looked at Pure, who seemed to be watching them as well. "Um, does everyone else see that?" Everyone nodded, apparently happy to find they weren't hallucinating.

"What is it?" Asked Ariel.

"Looks like one damned thing after another, to me," replied Merle.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.