Pool Area and Trophy Display

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderator: Bmat

Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Boikat »

Veneno tapped Qray on the shoulder and pointed towards the rear of the ship, "What's that?"

A cloud of fog was forming, though "fog" wasn't quite right. It looked more like a storm cloud with arcs of lightning flashing inside. Low rumbles of thunder rolled across the desolate landscape.

Q smiled, "With luck, reinforcements."

"Not Groinpull!" asked Veneno with a look of shock.

"Not exactly..."
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

aldan, having been so concentrated upon his armor, suddenly slapped his forehead and said, (No, not "I could've had a V8!) "Ah, my batteries!" Reaching into his right pocket, aldan pulls out a rabbit with sunglasses and a drum. "No, not Energizers." From his left pocket, he pulls out a top hat and sticks the rabbit in there.

Then, he pulls out some Cryo-Blyo-Athlo-Lithio batteries guaranteed to remain charged for 100 years of use, unsheathes the Holy Sword and sticks the batteries in the hilt. Nothing happens, though, so he frowns. Then, thinking, he removes the batteries and puts them in his belt pouch and pulls out some Duracellulose batteries, puts them in the hilt and his halo brightens up like a beacon, so he quickly puts the battery cover back on and re-sheathes the sword, extinguishing the halo.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

Qray

Post by Qray »

"I feel a disturbance in the force."
"Evil is a foot?"
"No. Someone...somewhere...just bought a round."
-Q and WildCard.

Meanwhile...

In the vastness of space there's a lot of...well...not a whole hell of a lot. That's why they call it space, for smeg's sake. If there was a bunch of stuff there, they'd call it something else...like...stuff. But seriously, how often do you hear people talk about the vastness of stuff. I mean, sure. You can have a lot of stuff, but it's not like space, because space is like...er...vast. We just covered how it was vast. Pay attention, will ya? However, in the midst of all this nothingness, if you look real hard, in just the right place, you'd find a burned out and bleak planet orbiting a nearly dead star.

The planet may not look like much now, but at one time it was a freaky and froody place. See over there, a chick named Jane had a coffeehouse there. By that crater there was a group calling themselves "JMS is hosing over Garibaldi." That fissure there? No, you want to stay away from there. That's the old C vs. E area. But hey! Near that rock there was a topic called "Who's on Top" in which whoever posted last was on top of the pile of other posters as posts ran in reverse chronological order, the last being first. It was good to be on top. Yeah, the place was kookie that way.

That was before the WebX plague. Before the great Quest to recover Cloney's birthday from Drax and Slipbootie. Before TNT picked up B5.

Not much going on here now. Wait, it looks as if a fog is rising in that crater. Let's sit back and watch...

Out of the the mist and down the embankment strode Madame Twitchie. As her dark cloak flowed behind her, the woman stopped and sighed when she heard Timmy and the BOLO exiting the mist behind her.

"I don't see any ice cream," Timmy the sentient scout ship complained. "You promised ice cream. I don't see any ice cream."

The Madame held a cleansing breath and then slowly exhaled. "YOU said there would be ice cream."

The ship was taken aback. "I did?"

"You said you bet there'd be ice cream. I said there wouldn't be. Then you said that was good enough for you, let's go get some ice cream."

"Ok," said the ship. "So where's the ice cream?"

The Madame chewed on her lip for a moment before looking to the BOLO. "Would you please? Time is short and we must prepare the best we can. I have a lot of work to do."

Without a word, the BOLO began rolling out. Rumbling up a hill to give the behemoth a good vantage point of where history told that the demon Slipbootie had appeared all those years ago. Luckily for the Madame, Timmy followed the BOLO. The sounds of "Hey! Where you going? Are you going to get ice cream? Hey look! That rock looks like a squirrel. Hey, are we going to get ice cream..." dying off into the distance.

Looking over her shoulder, she saw that Cloney was already silently trudging towards the remains of the nearest PATD.

"He knows what he must do," the woman thought and looking towards what was once a coffeehouse, realized that so did she.

The field near the coffeehouse had been the scene of a major battle back during the days of the original Quest. It was where the heroes of that conflict, along with a massive army of Q's clones, had gone into battle against Drax's legions of attorneys, tax collectors, and Hollywood agents. The heroes had prevailed, but at a terrible cost.

"I don't feel right about this," the Madame said to no one. Then as if in answer to an unheard reply, added "I don't care if they were clones of a scoundrel. They fought bravely and deserve the rest they earned. Besides, I only raise the dead at work now. Yes, I realize that was a double entendre. Of all people, I figured you would appreciate it."

The woman remained silent for a moment as if listening. Before again addressing the thin air. "Ok, if the clones there say it's ok, that makes me feel better, but I still don't like it," she said as she walked into the field of the dead. Rusting rapiers and broken war hammers still littered the landscape. Along with the clones who'd fallen so long ago.
Last edited by Qray on Wed May 07, 2008 12:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

Qray

Post by Qray »

Cloney wiped the grime off the plaque that labeled the ruins he was standing in as "PATD V" and hung it back on what remained of the wall. Staring at it with sadness before digging through some debris to find what he'd come for. A trap door that had once been behind the bar. After a good hour of work, the bartender was able to clear off the door and pry it open enough so that he could carefully descend the stairs.

Cracking a chem-lite, the man found his way to the controls of The Grid. The PATD's defense system. Pleased to find it's quantum flunk reactor still functioning, he powered up the Grid's rebuild function and sat back to wait.

If the builders of the PATD were two things, well...if they were one thing, they were a bunch of drunks. But that one thing plays an important role in two other things. That being that they looked down at having their drinking interrupted (hence the defense grid) and they hated getting up to repair the defense grid (it took away from their drinking.) So they'd build in a handy feature that allowed the grid to repair and maintain itself. Now, as Cloney watched, the Grid's turrets, Zip Tubes, Mega-Kil-O-Zaps, and Boom-Boom Whompers began coming back online and rebuilding themselves. Only shortly before a large nearby explosion was heard.

"Yeah, uh...sorry about that," a familiar voice crackled from the bar's PA. "Just checking our range. Groinpull is in stationary orbit and ready to rock and roll on your command. Or if we see something froody to blow up...or if we role Yahtzee...basically what we're saying is...somethings going to get blown the smeg up."

Out of habit, Cloney grabbed a rag and climbed back upstairs to begin wiping dust off the bar.

"Great," Madame Twitchie muttered as she watched the dust and debris from the mercenary artillery unit's blast shower back down in the distance. "The gang's all here."

"So let me get this straight," a previously dead, now undead Q-Clone asked. Interrupting the Madame's train of thought. "We were dead, but now we're not dead, but were not alive either?"

The Madame looked at the clone and the hundreds of others just like him that she'd brought back from the battlefield. "Yes. Something like that."

"So," the clone said as a sudden thought occurred to him. "We can't die either?"

"Well, not in the traditional sense, no..."

A grin first pioneered by the original Q spread along the facial features of the clone and whipping out a Kil-O-Zap, the clone shot one of his fellow undead clones point blank in the face. When the singed and smoldering clone didn't fall, the firing clone's grin got even bigger. "COOL!"

"Please refrain from that," the Madame urged as she put a hand on the clone's Kil-O-Zap to lower it. "You can't die, but your not indestructible either."

"Nah, it's froody," the clone assured her as he nodded towards the clone with the now missing face. "We'll use him as a battering ram. That was ole number 666. He liked being used as a battering ram. Besides, he owed me money."

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

*aldan sits back down on his psychic air cushion, closes his eyes, and then unsheathes his swords, laying them both in his lap, hilts at hand*

Suddenly, there's a *pop* and the air pressure changes. aldan then opens up his eyes to see Cloney behind the bar of an older version of the watering hole-target that was the PATD. Looking around at the froody blue dudes, aldan rises back into the air until he's at the correct height, then steps to the floor and re-sheathes his swords. Stepping up to the bar, he looks at the very worn-out-looking Cloney and says, "I'd like a sugar-free Diet Pepsi chocolate chip icecream float." He then sits down on a wobbly barstool.
---Mark Twain

Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Boikat »

In a blink, everyone was back at the old PATD. Someone tapped Boikat on the shoulder and said, "Hey, fur-ball, hand me that bottle of stoli."

Boikat picked up a bottle and turned to hand it to ... a zombie.

A zombie Q-clone.

That fact didn't register at first, as the cadaverous face startled the tar out of the felid, who brought the bottle up against the zombie's head, while at the same time he spun and grabbed a cheese knife off the bar and thrust it into the zombie's chest.

The zombie looked down at the cheese knife. "That's a fine 'how do you do'."

"That's going to leave a mark." observed another.

Boikat looked around as more Q-Clone-zombies shuffled, limped or staggered into to bar.

Zombie chatter was interesting:

"I guess I'll have to learn to be a 'leftie'."
"Has anyone seen my pancreas?"
"Excuse me, but I think that's my left leg you got there, bub."
"There any zombie chicks around?"
"Naw. A chainsaw will fit in there just perfectly. Haven't you seen 'Army of Darkness'?"
"Dude! Where's my nose?"

Boikat looked around in the growing crowd of zombies and saw the real Q at the other end of the bar talking to an annoyed Madam Twitchie, and tried to make his way over to the rogue to find out what just happened. A hand on his shoulder stopped him. Turning, he saw Tipper'G, and not a zombie.

"Now what?" she asked.

Boikat shrugged, "Dunno. My guess is that we have been transported to the old PATD in a point in time before Slipbootie gets here...."

"Then we can stop him..." said Tipper.

There was a "thud" as Marvin materialized above the bar, along with the Ugly Orange Porch Couch, and dropped a few feet, and landed with the afore mentioned "thud", followed by the noise of smashing bottles and glasses as he tumbled backwards over the bar.

"Don't mind me. I'm used to being dropped on my head" came Marvin's voice from behind the counter.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Qray

Post by Qray »

"I didn't do it!" Madame Twitchie insisted for the third time.

"You're SURE you didn't bring us here?"

The Madame's eyes narrowed. "Yes. I'm more than sure, but now that you're here, I'm returning to my House of Whips and Giggles."

It was at this time that an undead Q-clone chose the opportunity to stagger by with 42 rapiers stuck through him so that he looked like some kind of undead, drunken porcupine. "Ha ha!" the clone directed back at his undead brethren. "That's 2 more than you thought. You all owe me twenty credits!"

"That kind of behavior is not my doing," the Madame assured Q. Then eyed him more closely. "That comes from sharing genes with the person they where cloned from."

"Nah, they're alright," Q assured her as he saw the landscape behind the Madame flicker and revert back in time. The remains of tables reappearing once more whole. Walls slowly reforming themselves. The brackish water in the pool clean and clear. Even grass beginning to sprout up from the barren landscape.

Tipper felt the pain in her chest throb. "The reversal of time is getting closer to that of the original Quest."

"You have as many clones reanimated as I can bring back," the Madame told the rogue, but Q again tried to get her to stay and help. However, in a blink of an eye she was gone.

"Us being here on Pathfinder Prime instead of in Hell kind of puts a wrinkle in the plan of nailing Slipbootie when he gets killed and returns to Hell," Merle muttered as he watched clouds form over the PATD.

"Now what?" Veneno wanted to know. Seconds before everyone saw the BOLO on a far off ridge begin to unload it's impressive arsenal of weaponry.

"Where's he firing?"

"The C vs. E chasm," Boikat surmised watching the angle of the behemoth's weapons fire.

"Demon recon in force?" Veneno wondered out loud.

Aldan looked up at the clouds. "Will the overcast cause problems with Groinpull?"

Just then, the muffled THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! of landing artillery rounds in the location of the C vs E chasm mixed with the sound of the the BOLO firing.

"I'd say no," Q said grinning.

"It must be more than a simple probe," Veneno said. Louder this time as the artillery barrage increased in intensity. "Groinpull wouldn't put so many shells on target for just a couple bad guys."

Everyone looked at everyone else.

"No," Q said after the THUMPING impacts continued. "I think Veneno's right. Not about Groinpull, but that this is it."

"And so it begins."

Qray

Post by Qray »

Dear Earthforce: Hate you, Hate the Alliance, Taking B4. - The One.
-Graffiti seen on the side of a Starfury.

"Shouldn't we be up there?" Veneno asked as her eyes looked to the ceiling of the tunnel. "If that's where the battle is going on?"

Q winced as he twisted two wires together and they sparked. "This is more important."

"Would you at least mind cluing me in to what you're doing?"

The rogue glanced up at a control panel that only remained in place by the grace of a single screw through it's faceplate and flipped a switch. "Trying to get the PATD's Party Integrity Field operating."

Veneno blew a wayward lock of black hair out of her face and glanced at the ad-hock wiring the rogue was working on. "Ok, you've got me. I studied you, WildCard, and the PATD in good detail when I was hunting the two of you, but I never heard of a..."

Q tried adjusting a dial, to no avail. "You've heard of a magnetic field?"

"Sure. Are you trying to say..."

"This is nothing like a magnetic field."

Veneno blew another bit of hair from in front of her face. "I'm beginning to see what it is about you that annoys WildCard so much."

Q grinned. "Ok, look at it this way. A lot of shenanigans go on at the PATD. More so than really should. Do you know why?"

"You're all a bunch of drunken reprobates?"

Q scratched his head, and in doing so, produced a squeaking sound. "Well, there is that, BUT more importantly, it's the Party Integrity Field. Liebling, there was this one time we turned it on for this New Years party..."

"Ok, lately I've actually begun to enjoy your tails of debauchery," Veneno interrupted. "But at the moment we're at least a good half mile under the PATD while a battle rages above. A battle we should be part of. What does the field have to do with the battle?"

Disappointed in his efforts to get the field back online, the rogue instead showed the ex-MIB agent one of those grins that he does so well. "Nothing."

"Ok. Now I'm going to take a page out of WildCard's book and smack you."

"Look, it's froody," Q said holding his hands up in a half "calm down" and half "it's frosty" gesture. "The BOLO, PATD defense grid, clones, and Groinpull have the battle well in hand for the time being as the demons try climbing up out of the C vs E chasm. Smeg, they might even get lucky and whack Slipbootie as he tries coming through. Which saves us the trouble. It'd be nice if we had Lastone's dragon chum here to gain air superiority, but what ya gonna do? Anyways, like I said, this is more important."

"Ok, but why?"

"Well...cause it's a party," the rogue said and balling up his fist, hit the control panel and watched with satisfaction as the system came online. "I love PATD tech."

A few moments later, Q and Veneno exited the tunnels and reemerged in the bar. With a quick question to boikat, and a nodded response of "We're all set," from the felid, everyone hid among strategic spots in the bar.

Peering over the top of a booth, Veneno saw the only thing on the bartop was a freshly opened bottle of Sammy. "So..."

"Bait," Q whispered. "For the party."

"Bait?"

"Yeah, it's Nomad's Birthday. We gotta get him here somehow. Besides, we all fight better when we're drunk. For some reason it helps the aim."

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

*aldan looks up from eating/drinking his diet pepsi chocolate chip icecream float, looks at his sheathed swords sitting in his lap, shrugs and continues enjoying the float*
---Mark Twain

Valen
New User
New User

Post by Valen »

... birthday party?? At the PATD???...

Valen sudden starts hearing Barbra Streisand, sing Memories....
Hello old friend...

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Hey, Valen! Keep your clothes on, buddy, it's Nomad's birthday, not one of the ladies!
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

OK, here's the drink of the day: Victoria Falls Mist!

1 part Van der Hum tangerine liquer
1 part creme de banana lequer
2 parts Midori liquer
1 part sour mix
splash of Sprite

Shake and server over ice, with slice of pineapple, orange and cherry.

Substitute Grand Marnier for the Van der Hum if you can't get it.

Sweet but refreshing!
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.