speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Pool Area and Trophy Display

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Re: Pool Area and Trophy Display

Postby Boikat » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:59 pm

The Eldorado dropped out of hyperspace and Maggy did a quick scan of the local space. "Nobody around. Next stop, Zed Orion 9."

"What's there?" asked Boikat.

"One of those out of the way trading stations that almost nobody knows about, and the best place to unload the cargo without questions as to where, or how, said cargo managed to appear in the cargo hold." said Maggy.

Again, the Eldorado disappeared from space as its hyperdrive kicked in. Seconds later, another ship appeared. On board, the ship's captain waited. The tactical officer said, "Locked on."

"Let's catch that bird." said the captain.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Boikat » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:13 pm

The Eldorado appeared near a largish asteroid, and Maggy was about to send out a call to an old acquaintance,when the cargo ship rocked after being hit by an energy bolt of some sort,

Boikat looked at the navigation screen, "It looks like we have someone on our tail!"

The radio crackled, "This it the HCC Gotterdammerung, heave to or be destroyed!"

Boikat looked at Maggy, and noticed the captain did not seem too concerned. Instead she keyed the microphone, "Do you know where you are?"

"That is not important. Be advised that within ten minutes you will be surrounded by six 'Doomsday' class destroyers."

Maggy leaned back in the captain's chair, "That means you have ten minutes to reconsider and withdraw from this piece of space. Over and out."

Boikat and Tipper looked at Maggy, "Ummmm.... What?" asked Boikat.

Maggy nodded at the asteroid displayed on the main view screen, "Asside from some watering hole I heard about, this asteroid is one of the most heavily armed and defended space ports in the Galaxy. It's run by an old friend,"

"Then why haven't they blown that destroyer out of space?" asked Tipper'G.

Maggy shrugged, "Probably because they are waiting for the other five ships to show up. The guy that runs the joint has a 'In for a penny, in for a pound' philosophy when it comes to this sort of situation."

"How so?" asked Boikat.

"More wreckage to salvage."
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Talon Sinnah » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:01 pm

The door to the PaTD fell in with just a knock. A lone stranger with twin blades stood in his ankle length leather coat. The place had a foot of dust on everything.

"Where is everyone?" Talon yelled into the once hopping establishment.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Ariel » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:34 pm

They're stuck in the real world and can't get out! I think we need to call out the guards, or...someone or...something.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Guards are no use they have probably passed out a long time ago from lack of crime. I do understand real life though
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby lastone » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:25 am

The bar is silent but for the gentle tinkle of glass as Cloney cleans and tidies. It start with an imperceptible pressure, that Cloney recognized at once. it was with a rye smile that Cloney continued to clean the glasses. Then there was a small dot a tiny imperfection in the fabric of time and space. It grew from a dot and rapidly expanded into a raging vortex. Through the vortex strode a man dressed in black leather with a bronze dragon his coat of arms emblazoned on his chest. A purple cloak flowing from across his shoulders.

It had been a long time since Lastone had visited his old hunting ground. Suddenly Lastone burst out Laughing. There just on the other side of the bar was a cardboard cutout of Qray dressed in his one size too small pink tutu, with the sheriff badge showing on his chest. "Well at least old tutu boy still has his job" said Lastone to nobody in particular.

" I wonder!" Lastone mused, working his way through tables and chairs, some still in need of repair, Lastone makes his way to the residents. He paused before a door and pulls out a key from his tunic. Tentatively he places the key in the lock and turns. The door opens. They had kept it for him all these years. The rooms that he used before his absence. He would have to thank BK and Qray. He looked forward to catching up on the news about the old gang. Hey! anyone heard from Meribor, or Jane Smith
"Goodbye and thanks for the fish"
lastone
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Bmat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:07 am

Bmat the Bear groggily raises her head from the table, bleary eyed from her latest lemonade binge. She burps loudly and mutters lastone! Lastone is here! Then her head drops onto the table again.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Merle » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:23 pm

Angry Bear gently lifts Bmat's head, and tucks a folded towel under it. Patting her head fondly, he shambles off to Lastone's room to see if he needs anything.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.
Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Talon Sinnah » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:19 am

I didn't know we had lemonade here and someone get that cardboard cut out some cloths. *talon puts his head in his hands* I'm never getting that picture out of my head now.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Ariel » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:53 pm

Oh some old familiar souls have been here! Lastone...Merle...Talon...
Missed you all! Ok, carry on with your story. :)
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby PureTeen Lard » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:49 pm

Pure fed power to the landing jets and gently dropped The Thanatos onto the tarmac outside the PATD. Smacking the release on his harness he half turned in his seat to address the armoured figure sat behind him.
"If I'm not back in an hour then you know what to do"
"Of course", came the reply, "I take the ship and make for the in-station as fast as the plasma drive will let me"
"No, Iron, you arm yourself with as much ordnance as you can carry and you come and get me"
There was a giggle from inside the helmet, "Sure, boss, I'll come and get you . . ."
Pure sighed, lifted the canopy and gingerly dropped the six feet onto the parking lot. Turning towards the PATD his hand instinctively dropped to the butt of his gun. Best to be prepared, he thought, as he walked towards the door.
Behind him the chin turret on gunship, slaved to Iron's helmet sight, slewed to follow him as he went.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PureTeen Lard
New User
New User

Postby Bmat » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:20 pm

Bmat the Bear raises her head and sniffs. I smells landing jets.

Hey! It's Pure!! Good to see you! What's with all the arms?
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing