speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Pool Area and Trophy Display

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

We;re getting there folks.

Postby Qray » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:31 am

“What happens in the Alternate Universe, STAYS in the Alternate Universe.”
- Bumper sticker seen on Timmy the sentient Leafhopper.

“Man, I got’s ta get me one of those glowing triangle thingies.” Q said as he took in the transformed Alien Queen. Right before a rather sexy sounding growl drew his attention behind him. “Veneno?”

With a piercing glare to the rogue, the woman turned on her heal and stalked off.

“What!?!?!?”

“Don’t talk to me,” the ex-agent hissed as she held her hand up in the air behind her and continued to stalk away.

“What the smeg was THAT about?” Q asked the nearby WildCard, but the woman just shrugged.

“Women,” Q said shaking his head.

“Hey!” WildCard yelled in protest.

“Er...Victory is ours?” the rogue tried. “First round is on Lastone?”

“Hey!” came Lastone’s yell of protest from across the field.

“Victory is ours, first round on Lastone?” Q asked. Now more determined as he pointed to Nomad.

“Uh, sure I guess.” the Key wielder replied.

“Victory is ours, first round on Lastone?” Q asked pointing to Hyper.

“Why not.”

“Victory is ours, first round on Lastone?” Q asked pointing to Merle.

“If it gets us out of here,” the spellweaver said.

“Victory is ours, first round on Lastone?” Q asked pointing to WildCard.

“Sure,” the woman replied. “Why not.”

“Victory is ours, first round on Lastone?” Q asked pointing to Aglaranna.

“Smeg straight,” the Elven noble replied. Over the objections of her husband.

“No use arguing Lastone, your outvoted...TO THE PATD!”

“Since when is this a democracy?” the man demanded.

“Your right,” Q said. “It’s Anarchy...and today is my day to rule! Victory is ours! First round on Lastone!”

“I got digs on tomorrow!” Nomad said,

“I want Thursdays!” Merle added.

“Hold on, oh mighty Caesar,” WildCard interjected as she slowly backed away. “I say...”

“Yeah?” Q asked after the woman didn’t finish her sentence, but just continued to back up.

“I....say...lastpersontothePATDbuys!” she shouted quickly and turned to sprint for the shuttle.

“Hey! I don’t have a ship!” Q protested.

“Then your tabs going to be awfully big!” Hyper laughed sprinting too.

“Serves you right for that ‘women’ crack, Wonko!” Card called from the shuttle ramp.
Qray

Blog: View Blog (49)

Almost, campers

Postby Qray » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:44 am

It hadn't taken that long for Q to find Timmy. The sentient ship had been searching the planet for the rogue so it could get out of system.

The problem of egress lay in an entirely different direction.

“C’mon, Veneno,” the man pleaded for the umpteenth time as he sat on the extended loading ramp of the floating Leafhopper.

“Just go without me, Q.” the woman replied with her back to the rogue.

“Veneno, there's not a chance in the abyss I’m about to leave you here.”

“Smeg off, rogue.”

Q sighed in resignation. “Veneno, by now I’m already going to end up buying the first couple rounds, the least you could do...”

"What?”

“The first couple rounds,” the man explained. “The last one there buys.”

“Alcohol?!?!” the woman asked as she turned around. "Wait, let me get this straight. YOU came after ME instead of getting free alcohol?!?!?!?”

Q pulled out a Kil-O-Zap and scratched his head with it. “Yeah...you know, when you actually say it out loud...”

“Quit while your ahead. Veneno said as she sprinted up the ramp and grabbed Q’s hand to pull him into the ship before he disintegrated the little remaining hair he had left. "Maybe we can catch them.”

“Well, now that I think about it,” Q said strapping into the pilots chair. “That shouldn’t be a problem. They're probably still in orbit. Timmy, fuel reserves?”

“Hey Boss!" the sentient ship beamed. "Great to have someone that likes butterflies aboard!”

“Yup, I always know where my towel is at. Fuel reserves?”

“Not much left Boss. Only a hundred and twelve gallons left.”

“Enough for a power launch, Bubba.”

“Alphonso!”

“Ok, Billy!” Q responded as he flipped switches.

Settling into the co-pilot's seat, Veneno had forgotten how much she enjoyed traveling on Timmy. “Power launch?”

“Hey Timmy’s a Leafhopper...H-o-p-p-e-r...you might want to buckle up. The inertial dampers are good, but that can’t quite handle such acceleration.”

“You mean he’s going to ‘HOP’ into orbit?”

“Smeg straight, sister,” Timmy slurred as he started to drain off some of his Stoli reserves in preparation for his hop. ”Like a nat shot out of a gun with a rocket up it’s bum.”

”What’s wrong with him?” Veneno asked in hushed whisper as she leaned closer to Q.

“What do you mean?”

“Well sometimes, he seems kind of...off. And what’s up with the vodka drinking?”

Well, ole Harv’s...”

”Pepe!” the ship interrupted.

“Yeah, Jim here...he’s uh...Stoli powered.”

Veneno didn’t seem all that surprised. “Come again?”

“Not all systems,” Q tried to reassure the woman. “Though in rare situations, the entire ship can run off of it’s Stoli reserves. Basically though, it’s just the main engines...er and weapon systems. Harv’s got 500 gallon holding tanks filled with Stoli. Think of them as multi-chambered stomachs. He uses them in a similar manner to a human digesting food for energy. He consumes his Stoli stores to produce energy to power engines and weapons.”

“What does he do when he runs out of vodka?”

“He has an internal refinery, so he can take in raw materials and process them into vodka. Not to mention a protoculture reactor that powers his systems most other times. Bonus points if you know what a protoculture reactor is.”

“And the odd behavior?”

“It’s the Stoli. The faster Timmy goes...”

”Frodo!”

“That's what I said, Lincoln!” the rogue said to the ship then continued explaining to the ex-agent. “The faster he goes, the more Stoli he consumes to power himself.”

“Great,” Veneno said rolling her eyes. “Leave it to you to travel around in a flying vodka distillery.”

“Nah,” Q said with a not to worry kind of gesture. “He’s been like this all his life. He’s used to the Stoli. He’s not like you or I...well...maybe a bit like me...” the rogue said with one of those grins he does so well. “He operates better when drunk. Speaking of which...Timmy! Execute Hop!”

The resulting shriek from Veneno got lost in her throat as the ship shot completely out of the planet’s atmosphere with one mighty leap and the battlecry of flatware.

“SPOOOOOOOOOON!”
Qray

Meanwhile, in orbit

Postby Merle » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:59 am

Merle and Nomad were busily powering up the drives on Trumpet, when a glowing golden circle appeared before Merle. "Hi, Dad!"

"Ghost!" Exclaimed Merle. "How'd you find me in this alternate universe?"

"Wasn't easy, Dad. I had to reprogam myself to search alternate realities as well as all of shadow. That took awhile. But once I did that, finding you was no prob."

"Glad you're here. We need to get back to the PATD, pronto. Can you handle it?"

"Sure, Dad, no prob. You want the whole ship?"

"No, just me and Nommy. You can go back for Trumpet. We gotta beat the others, or we're buying. I think they'd be howling for my scales back in Chaos if I drained the treasury."

"Scales?" wondered Nommy.

"In a minute. Can you take us directly to the bar?"

"Hop through," responded the Ghostwheel, expanding to Merle and Nommy size.

Nommy and Merle kicked off, through the golden circle . . . .

. . . . and crashed into the bar, right next to Veneno and Q.

"Damn, going from weightlessness to full grav in a moment sucks dead doggy noses," Merle muttered, as he rubbed his head. Then, looking up at the rogue, asked, "the others?"

"Not here yet. Your credits are safe. Looks like Lastone may still be buying."

"Well," said Nommy, also rubbing his head, "Cloney, fill me up." Nommy produced a quart sized beer stein from his coat, and slammed it on the bar. "Sammy, and keep it coming."
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.
Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Turn around Q I'm alredy here

Postby lastone » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:06 am

Not so fast big guy. Came a voice behind Qray. Lastone was there sipping a scotch. When it comes to damaging the Elvandeen treasury the Mrs. Allows me to cut corners. You know Pernese dragons can also travel when as well as where. Just then Rodanth and Romeena Bugled their presence. We called in the dragons to get us here on time.
"Goodbye and thanks for the fish"
lastone
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Merle » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:44 am

Well, then, my friend, looks like the drinks are on Boikat or Hyperjump.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.
Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Qray » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:39 pm

"Well, then, my friend, looks like the drinks are on Boikat or Hyperjump." Merle said after finding out that no one in had in fact employed normal space travel means to reach the PATD.

With a heavy sigh of defeat, Q pointed behind Merle to the life-size cardboard cutouts of Boikat and Hyper that quite often stood in for missing members of the PATD's motley malcontents.

"No way!" Veneno said in disbelief. "Who set those up?"

With another dejected sigh, Q shook a thumb over his shoulder in the direction of HIS cardboard board cutout that was propped up near the door. The one that filled in for him and acted as the bar's bouncer in his absence.

"Your cutout set up the other cutouts?"

Q just shrugged.

"Smeg!" Veneno cursed. "That means we buy."

"Well actually, Q walked in behind you," WildCard said to the ex-agent with a wink to the rogue.

Q nodded his head in answer to the questioning look from Veneno.

"Drinks are on Q!" WildCard yelled gleefully as she slapped her hand on the bar. "Cloney, start us off with a few pitchers of Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters. We've got a lot to celebrate. Aglaranna's return, the defeat of the Dark Mimes, the impending marriage of Sheridan..."

"Are you alright?" Veneno asked Q as he pulled a couple credit cards out of his pocket and slid them across the bar to Cloney. "Your face seems all swollen up."

Q silently pointed to the calendar.

Glancing at the calendar, WildCard sniffed the purple liquid slid to Q. Thinking it may be the frozen grape and vodka concoction the rogue was known to whip up that he called Der Grape! but was surprised to find it nothing more than grape juice.

"Ohhhh, you had oral surgery yesterday."

Q nodded.

"Did it go alright?" the card-weaver asked with concern.

Q nodded.

"Can't talk?"

Q shook his head.

"Can't drink?"

Q lifted up the glass of grape juice.

WildCard laughed, then caught herself and placed her hand on the rogue's arm. "Oh, I'm sorry Q. I didn't mean to laugh. Just no talking and no alcohal...YOU...wow! Can you at least smoke?"

The rogue lit a up a smoke.

"Well, that's something."

Q shrugged.

"Well then," WildCard said as she turned to Cloney. "Yet another thing to celebrate...Q can't talk!"
Qray

Q cannot Talk and Cannot Drink! Hmmmmm!

Postby lastone » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:54 pm

Lastone looked at his forlorn and dejected friend. He knew full well he was capable of pulling that puppy dog eye thing and of getting people to fall over themselves to come to his assistance. He also knew of his friends love for the mother’s milk of Russian Vodka. That only the most extreme pain would stop him.

Thinking rapidly as to how to resolve this matter Lastone stands and heads off into one of the many storerooms attached to the PATD complex. On returning he grabs hold of his friends arm. Indicating a 4 inch needle (100mm for those non Americans)

“Fortunately Q old buddy” Lastone started. “This will hurt you more than it does me.”

Qray screamed like a Ferengi with a probe in his ear until he realized that he was being giving a stoli intravenous drip. Sighing Q sits back in perfect relaxation.

Cloney gives Lastone an enquiring stare.

“Well of course it goes on Q’s Tab” Lastone responds.
lastone
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Qray » Sun May 01, 2005 10:00 am

Well, it's not so much that I can't drink. It's that I can't drink alcohol because of the two prescription meds my doctor put me on after my surgery. These meds don't mix well with alcohol.

Q looks at the intravenous Stoli drip in his arm.

"Ok kids, this may get weird."

Writer's Disclaimer : Trained professional on a closed course. Don't try this at home.
Qray

Postby lastone » Tue May 03, 2005 6:46 am

Oops
lastone
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby lastone » Wed May 04, 2005 4:31 am

Of course there is hope that the combination of an alcohol drip and prescription drugs might not have all that bad effect on Q.

Consider this, since time and space is curved, and also since there is none so seriously bent than Q. It is possible that a serious abuse of these items could send him straight. Of course it could also send you to Nirvana or Valhalla.
Valhalla would be interesting with the Valkyries.

Of course there is hope that the combination of an alcohol drip and prescription drugs might not have all that bad effect on Q.

Consider this, since time and space is curved, and also since there is none so seriously bent than Q. It is possible that a serious abuse of these items could send him straight. Of course it could also send you to Nirvana or Valhalla.
Valhalla would be interesting with the Valkyries.

Remember kids don’t do this at home, Q is a trained professional

“Isn’t that right Q?”

“Q!!?”

“Okay I’ll pound on his chest but I am not doing that lip thing
lastone
Site Regular
Site Regular

Parking Brake?

Postby Boikat » Thu May 05, 2005 7:43 am

Outside the PATD, the protoprototype Whitestar aligned itself with the docking bay, and the aft cargo hatch opens and a blue Pontiac Transport mini van roles out. Rolling through the lobby, and narrowly missing the bar (and Q and Veneno), the van thumps against a table. The driver door opens, and Boikat staggers out, and sits next to the cardboard cut-out Boikat. Looking at the the 2-D cutout, Boikat says, "I know how that feels", and orders a Diet Coke from a waiter-bot. Suddenly, a sudden motion out of the corner of his eye causes Boikat to pull his SMG (Squid Machine Gun) and firing off several cephalopods, tacks a floating banner against the far wall. Most of the squid centered on the "Coke" image.

Q looked at Boikats, and said, "Yup, things are going to get really, really weird!"
Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Talon Sinnah » Thu May 05, 2005 9:16 am

*Talon walks in and looks at the coke sign that just got squided.* I hate Kalamari.

*Readjusting his coat and sword he finds him a seat to sit back and watch the show. The usuals where here with the exception of the guy with the SMG.*
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing