speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Celtic - An alternate history RP (Discussion)

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Celtic - An alternate history RP (Discussion)

Postby Loxley » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:46 am

[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]80 AD, Britannia[/align]

The Romans under the banner of the Aquila have invaded Britannia. The Celtic tribes, divided and scattered are one by one crushed under their yoke. A Roman conquest of the island seems to be inevitable. However, dismayed with the defiance of the Celtic tribes of Cumbria and their continued resistance against the invading Roman armies, the Roman governor of Britannia concocts a masterful plan of deceit and stealth that will ensure victory for Rome - a plan that would mean the complete annihilation of the Celtic tribal system, and utter conquest of Britannia.

While war rages in southern Britannia, deep in the darkest marshes of Cumbria live the heroes of legend, a people in exile, that once ripped Ireland from the cold, dead claws of the ruthless Fir Bolgs. They are in hiding, carving out a harsh existence for themselves where no others dare tread. They are the mighty Tuatha Dé Danann, the immortal warrior people who's strength is known far and wide, among Celts and Romans alike, their courage such that it would humble the bravest of Roman legionnaires.

Soon, their peaceful lives in hiding are ripped apart, as the flames of war reach their dark marshlands. Under the cover of darkness, roman legionnaires attack the village of Cernhold, a center of religious worship for the Tuatha Dé Danann. When the attackers withdraw, the full damage of the attack becomes apparent. The most prized treasure of the Tuatha Dé Danann and the source of their immortality, the Spear of the god Lugh, has been stolen! The spear that holds the power to make whoever wields it in times of war, invincible.

A spear, that is now in the hands of the Roman Empire.
With the spear in their possession, it is only a matter of time before Cumbria, along with all of Britannia, will fall under the banners of the Golden Eagle, its Celtic tribal system ripped apart by the razor-sharp claws of the Aquila. It is clear to the High King and the Druids of Tuatha Dé Danann, that war is upon them, and actions must be taken quickly. The Spear of Lugh must be retrieved at any cost.

The High King calls for his finest warriors, the Fianna, to gather. You are one of these Fianna. The day has come for you, and the Tuatha Dé Danann, to finally emerge from the dark of the swamps once more, and fulfill your destiny in defense of your people. You will show the Romans the true strength and pride of the Tuatha Dé Danann.

And their Legions will fear you.

[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]This is a semi-decent map of Britain at the time, that I made. Back then the RP was named Tuatha Dé Danann, but for simplicity's sake, it's now named simply "Celtic", so ignore the Tuatha Dé text at the bottom. I'll modify it some day when I have the energy.[/align]

Of course the roleplay is open to anyone who wants to join. The more the merrier! :D As it looks now, the RP will most likely start somewhere around the 10th or 12th or so.
Celtic - An alternate history RP

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter
Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Celtic - An alternate history RP (Discussion)

Postby AstriVeredus » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:14 pm

As I said on the other forum, I'm interested
AstriVeredus
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Loxley » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:19 am

Cool. That makes it two of us then. Amber should drop by too and join up, so we'll be at least three. :P

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter
Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Loxley » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:14 pm

I can't say exactly what day I'll be starting this roleplay, but at the latest I'll do it sometime this weekend. I WILL however start working on an intro post already tomorrow. So in short, we're getting started now. ANyone who want to join up, drop a line here in the thread! :mrgreen:

Loxley's blog

Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Talon Sinnah » Wed May 12, 2010 12:51 pm

I need a bit of info on it first. Are the warriors u talkin about magic users, sword wielders or both? Can we be mythic creatures or just humans?( not important) Is there any other limitation other then of course no god playing?
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Return to Role Playing