speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Tylorian and Elf Man

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Tylorian and Elf Man

Postby Neurolanis » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:17 am

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:17 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once upon a dream there lived an elf maiden from the kingdom of oakwood.She knew nothing of the complicated lives of man,only the beauty and serenity of a world far removed from them... Living peacefully beside her was a fairy princess,her gossamer wings beating softly...

Sorry,just listening to the voices in my head.they told me to say that!

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:22 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm ... trying to figure out the phychology behind that. I can't figure out if you were trying to be cute, odd, artsy, or simply expressive as you say. Hmn ...

Once upon a time there lived a simple man who knew nothing of the complicated lives of woman. He was an elf, and flapped his -- no, I mean rose his magical red sword and from it sprouted red roses -- the petals which sprinkled over the floor like rain lit by a sunrise ...

Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:31 am Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

The elf maiden delighting in her company,stepped across the silk-like petals planting a kiss on the elf mans cheek.her laughter was musical and inviting.

Sorry,I love stories!

Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:03 am Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

Elf man blushes and says, "Hello! You ... look like me, only different some how. You must be a ... female!" The Elf man bowed. "Weclome to my humble abode. It's quiet here, only the tower walls bleed tears in the sun and the palace leaks green punder from the gables whenever some one laughs. If you walk too fast you'll fall under the floor, and it can be a devil's old time to get back out!"

Ariel
True Visionary

Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:51 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

The elf maiden looks around in dismay ,flowers dancing in the wild wind."My friend,forgive my manners but this is no home for an elf."Are you alone here,an outcast from your clan?"

Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:41 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

"I have always been alone," said Elf Man. "I have no clan, nor have I ever had. I have always lived alone in this tower, as I always will, because the world does not listen to my magic nor can I handle its magic. I am trapped here. Here I am a god and can create blue fire in a glass or can open up my own soul and count all the colors of my spiritual design, but out there ... I am weak, and lost, and powerless." Elf Man placed his hands to his face and cried little crystals, which spilled out upon the floor with a faint humming.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:29 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

You cry yet you have the whole universe within you.We are the remnants of stars.All that you see,all that you are,is energy transforming.You brought me here to you with your thoughts.I sensed them long ago and tried to find you.

I was lonely though I had my clan.Somehow I was different from all the others and I never knew why.You are like me in that way.I have traveled through the shadows of the forest ,its path a blanket of pine needles beneath my feet.Birds filled the morning air with song and the wind whispered unspoken emotions carrying me ever forward.

Neurolanis
True Visionary

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:13 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

"That's beautiful," saiid Elf Man. "My clan is my pens, ideas, and poems. They pull me on, encourage me, inspire me, and always keep me busy. If I draw with a blue pen I can see the heavenly glow of spiritual light gazing through the page like a crack through reality ... and I let go I slip inside and see all the world of my sould revealed ... oceans of light, trees of flame, mountains of eyes. The land is alive, and pulls me along like a puppet. Anyway, the colors of my mind are the gateway to my soul."

Ariel
True Visionary

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 4:26 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

The elf maiden Tylorian sat beside the wise and gentle elf man,taking his hand in hers."walk with me a while through the forest green and meadows sweet.I am anxious to learn more of you

Neurolanis
True Visionary

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:39 am Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

"Very well," said Elf Man. "With your magic I can go, for a short while." He walked over and put on a large red cape. "Now I'm Super Elf and can go anywhere! Just joking." He threw off the cape and put on a large black cloak. "This protects me from the violent winds, which although are soft to humans, can rip me to pieces."

Ariel
True Visionary

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:32 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

Tylorian fascened an ornate silver broach at the neck of her purple velvet cloak.Her voice was melodic and soothing capturing the attention of her new friend."Tell me, she inquired .Does the super elf man have a name?"

Magus

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:42 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

Manji
Site Regular

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:39 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

Neurolanis wrote:
Yes. Agreed. Other genders like mystery and romance will not, while drama and horror will reflect various elements. Fantasy I still see is more escapism, dealing with inner truth. Sci-Fi I think will reflect the world and where it is going the best.

Thinking in that kind of mindset is a way to guarantee stilted, hackneyed and cliched writing. Who says Sci-Fi can't reflect inner truth?
Ender's Game.
Everything is considered escapism. Fiction is escapism.
A lot of sci-fi writers draw from history for story and add modern tech for influence.
It shouldn't be about what a genre IS but what you can MAKE of it

Minimum wage sucks. You got this nineteen year old kid standing over a 300-Degree Grill-O-Matic for eight hours flipping burgers thinking, 'Now, why shouldn't I be dealing drugs again?"- David Cross

Neurolanis
True Visionary

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:55 am Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

I have no name other than ... Elf Man. And I am no super hero, mind.

-----------------------

I agree entirely, Manji. I was merely stating what I think is unfolding in general terms. I'd be great if all these genders slipped away and people just wrote whatever felt right.

Ariel
True Visionary

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:52 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

Tonight we shall sleep beneath a blanket of stars.tomorrow a new day dawns...

Neurolanis
True Visionary

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:50 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

As long as we do not drawn. They can be heavy, and they can also be so uplifting they can lift right off your feet and take you so far away so fast that you might never return. Lead the way, and I shall follow your steps with my own.

Ariel
True Visionary

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:45 am Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

Breathe deep the fresh spring air,feel the warmth of the golden sun beating down,the gentle breeze blowing through your hair.Observe the wild growing flora that longs for life and thrives,the cloudless sky a mantle of blue above you.All these things are a reflection of lifes tapestry.It's image and artistry a creation of beauty and wonder.

Neurolanis
True Visionary

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:43 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

Oh yes. It is life, of which I am a part. So good so far. No lurking monsters, no towering hawks, no shadow cats with glowing red eyes. The yellow eye of the sky burns me, yet, it inspires. The gushing streams intice me ... like the blood of the land, or the tears of the rock, or the wine of the sand ... I am won.

Ariel
True Visionary

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:13 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

Beyond this forest are many shadows,many lands of darkness and strife.The realm of humans the most fearful of all.have you heard of them elf man?the humans?
Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:48 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

Oh yes. I quiver and fray, I nearly die at the thought of those humans. They build their lies like they build their nature-destroying machines, they break their ties like they break their promises. The destructors --- the most feared and hated race in this world! Oh Tylorian, I fear them most -- I fear their society, that they call the world. I hate their ways, that they call life. I hate their manners, that they call nature. They cage you in so deep you can't breathe. They break you down so bad you can't walk. They burn you so hot you can't see -- why their blind, hateful ways will leave you upon your knees! Oh, Tylorian -- save me from the humans! If it wasn't for them, I could venture freely ... I could be ... me.

They cast shame upon truth. They cast fear upon honesty. They cast doubt upon certainty. Oh, their satanic eyes ... their cursing voices ... belittle and break me ... so easily ... and I crawl back ... to my ... lonely tower.

Ariel
True Visionary

Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:35 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

Tylorian felt a knot in her stomache.She had heard of the dreaded humans,of thier destroying the earth,poisoning the food that they eat,the air that they breathe,everything thier very lives depended on for survival.Their minds grew weak,they invented religions and grew apart.They invented impossible rules and regulations that stifled their existence.They replaced nature with concrete and metal and unnatural things.They became clones of one another.What horrible tales she had heard.Hearing it from Elf Man she felt they must be true.

"You have journeyed through darkness and back again Elf man.But know this,there is no saving you lest you save yourself.I can only help you heal,make it easier to bear.You carry a strength deep inside that has carried you this far.It shall carry you farther still.This strength speaks to you,subtly at times,but it is ever present.Like the flame of a candle,you must protect it.There is much power in your knowledge and wisdom,but you do not always recognize these attributes.Why is that so?The night air is cold,let us go to your tower where warmth and safety await us.Do you have a guest room my friend?May I stay the night?Travelling at night alone frightens me."The silver moon glowed above, casting shadows from trees and the wild things of the night.An owl spread his wings and swooped passed...

Neurolanis
True Visionary

Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:27 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

"Yes and thank-you for your kindness. There is a room you can stay in. It is a magical room. Dreams can take you away, and you might never wake up. This may not be bad, still, if you wish to wake you must hold onto your reality. I suggest a ring, necklace, purse, or any item you hold dear -- hold it in your hands and it may serve as an anchor so that you are not lost. But don't be afraid, as no bad dreams will find you here -- only the darkness that lingers about the cracks and closets."

Elf Man led Tylorian to the guest room. "Do you like?"

Ariel
True Visionary

Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:16 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

Lantorian stepped inside and held her breath at the beauty and splender of such a magical place.she took off the moonstone ring that she held dear and placed it in her hand.

"Tonight I shall dream as I have never dreamed before."She smiled warmly at Elf man and thanked him for his generosity and for keeping her in his protection.When he walked away into the shadows of the hall,she disrobed and slipped under the warm soft velvet blanket,softer than any she had ever felt before.She felt a sudden surge of peacefulness.Engulfed in a deep bliss she slumbered.

Neurolanis
True Visionary

Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:55 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

Elf Man returned to his room and slept among the enchanting currents -- but did not get carried away for he was used to them. He dreamed of a beautiful blue dragon with giant white wings, who beathed a warm flame and could swim along the water with all the grace of a mermaid. He dreamed also of mirrors -- some which displayed fire, others that displayed a white myst ... forever rising.

Ariel
True Visionary

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:07 am Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

Ocean waves crashed down upon the shore as the white wolf stepped through the shadows and mists of time to greet Lantorian in her dreams,telling secrets of ancient ages past.His blue eyes held wisdom and love.As instructed by the massive wolf,she spread her arms out,lifted one foot, and then the other
and flew...

Neurolanis
True Visionary

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:49 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

Elf Man could see the great green reaches of his inner world. The skys which spoke of eternity. Surreal trees, and an abstract path which tiwsted and turned about various dark objects in its way. Light glimmered from glowing butterflies. He held a radiant golden sword, which gave him the power to defeat any threat in his world.

Ariel
True Visionary

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:43 am Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

Dawn replaced the silence of the night with bird songs.Lantorian awoke with a stream of healing sunlight falling across the room.She stretched feeling comfortable and refreshed,alive with wonder at this magnificent place.She stepped out of bed placed her glowing smooth white moonstone back on her finger and slipped her dress on.She peered out the window watching the fairies play amongst the wildflowers,and swimming in the dew.She felt as though she could not leave,but it was not her place to stay.

Neurolanis
True Visionary

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:13 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

The silver birds were busy preparing breakfast. Elf Man awoke to the smells. He slipped on his purple robe, remembering it was a little oversized ... but his good white robe was in the washer. He girgled in the sink and hurried to the kitchen for a glass of red vapor peach drink -- which gave him a real post to start his day. The vapor poured down his throat ... almost like juice. "If only I could take my magic sword with me in the waking world," sighed Elf Man. "If only ... "

Ariel
True Visionary

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:49 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

Lantorian walked down the long hall,opening many doors before finding the bathroom.She was surprised and delighted to find a towering tree in the center of the room.Off to the sides were walls of a robins egg blue.A marble sink held a green glass vase with an exotic arrangement of flowers.There was a basket of reading material near the sunken tub and soft blue rugs were scattered about.She freshened up and went off to find Elf man and breakfast.Her bare feet padded across the wooden floor as she followed the aroma of food and found the kitchen.Peering in the room,she tilted her head to the left and greeted her new friend."Good morning,I trust you slept well?"

Neurolanis
True Visionary

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:08 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

"I slept quite well," said Elf Man. "I'm glad to see you didn't get lost in your dreams. Have some breakfast. Eggs, bacon, toast, hot oakmeal with drooling brown sugar, orange juice and wish biscuits. Take a bite and make a wish, swallow and it will come true, but usually not quite in the way that you'd like. Let me try." Elf Man took a bite, made a secret wish, and opened his eyes. "Hmn. I wished for some garlic butter to with this toast." Elf Man took a bite and it tasted garlicy. "Hmn. Nevermind. You try."

Ariel
True Visionary

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:27 pm Post subject: : Elves Forever, R2 Soon Will Boom

"Everything looks so delicious,I don't know where to begin! A wish biscuit!I've never heard of such a thing,but I can't wait to try it!She closed her eyes and wished for contentment,like the contentment she found here with Elf man and his beautiful world.It tasted like strawberry shortcake with cream,yet there were no strawberries to be seen,or cream.How odd,she thought.How wonderful.
Last edited by Neurolanis on Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:19 am

"The strawberries are from Berry Hill. Many berries grow from the same bush there. All sweeter than any berries elsewhere in the world. Hmn. I like the taste of them. There are also black berries. They taste much sweeter than normal black berries."
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:28 am

Tylorian watched the silver birds in awe."Where are they from Elf man?" She wanted to engage him with conversation as she knew that soon she would have to leave and she dreaded the thought.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Neurolanis » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:19 pm

"They come from my head. Ideas that don't get drawn, written, or expressed in any other way, but are not lost ... they become silver birds and help me with vrious aspcts of my life. They keep me warm, happy, and fed. They hate humans though, and hide away quite quickly. They seem fond of you though."
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:28 pm

"I am fond of them as well,they're lovely.Well Elf man,I can't thank you enough for your hospitality.I suppose I should be getting back to the oak forest now.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:23 pm

"If you wish to go then I'll bid you farewell. Thanks for the walk. Feel free to come back anytime."
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:45 pm

Tylorian kissed the Elf Man on the cheek."I shall indeed friend."
She walked out the door afraid of looking back lest he see the crystal droplets of regret that fell from the corner of her eyes.She walked away one foot in front of the other seeing only the green blades of grass reaching toward the sun,feeling an emptiness that she had never known before.Onward she travelled toward the oak forest that she thought she loved until she found this friend and this place of serenity.Onward she travelled with a treasured memory that was hers and hers alone.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:37 pm

Elf Man came to. He had fallen in a state of elf-stuper, and some time had past. When he came to he immediately thought of Tylorian. He sighed, and then gasped, seeing that a raging blizard had shot down and engulfed the woods. "Tylorian!" he cried, a tear slipping down his cheek. His dear, special friend was out there somewhere. Elf Man grabbed his boots and coat and hurried out the door. He ran through snow, trying to find his friend. At last he came to a large frozen plane of ice, inside which was Tylorian -- frozen inside! Elf Man lifted out his hands and used his powers to melt the ice. He approached his dear and special friend, hoping she was still alive. He used his powers to heal her as best he could.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:57 pm

Snow fell silently around them as the wind drifted through the swaying trees. Tylorian layed rigid in Elf Man's arms. Suddenly her eyes fluttered open and she inhaled sharply. When she saw Elf Man, a single tear escaped and slid down her frozen cheek. So cold, So sleepy, the elven maiden slipped away into the realm of dreams.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:04 pm

Elf Man's eyes lowered. He picked her up carried her back home. He went as quickly as he could, through the thick snow. Back inside he laid her on a couch before the fireplace. He lit the fireplace, and turned back to Tylorian. "Are you ... all right, my friend?"
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:31 pm

A soothing familiar voice called her from her dreams. The warmth of the fire and the Elf man's presence was all she needed now. Opening her eyes, she saw him beside her and smiled. "I was lost, and so frightened, but you found me."
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:26 pm

"I was so stupid," said Elf Man. "To let you go. I fell into a trance, of sorry I believe, at your leave. Something woke me.My love for you. My dearest friend..."
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Next

Return to Role Playing