speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Tylorian and Elf Man

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ariel » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:57 am

She had heard those words before from others. She had believed and trusted. Turned out that they were words without meaning or truth. Her radient light had dimmed like the stars twinkling in the lonely night. Once she shone like the sun bursting with life and warmth. She remembered all too well the cold dark places hidden in every corner of her soul. They surfaced and took hold of her like a vice. Fear was the dominant power here tonight beyond the love she so desperately desired and needed. The depths of her emotions were chaotic and complex and she wanted to run as far and as fast as she could to find herself. If she looked into his eyes and remained in his embrace she would be lost in the spell and enchantment of his love and there would be no turning back. She risked losing herself. She felt the intensity of him, the goodness and all that she admired and loved about him. Captivated by his charm she couldn't think. It pulled her like a magnet close to him but she sought release. Fear lurked within, controlling and manipulating. She kissed him with every ounce of love she could muster and ran out the door for safety and solice.

A return to the coldness and an aching empty void was the last thing she wanted. Confusion spiralled. she felt as though she were dying again, that she had lost the most important part of herself and would never find it again. The branches of the trees swayed in the wind against the grey expanse of sky. The birds filled the silence with their song. Such beauty against the ugliness inside. She ran until she could face the pain no longer, sat within the sacred grove, bent over with the agony of love and cried until she had no tears left to shed.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Neurolanis » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:56 pm

Elf Man fell to the floor like a knife had jammed through his heart. He cried in agony, caught up in emotions the English language had no words for. His love for Tylorian was intense though, and he ran for the door and into cold, out into the dangerous cold he feared so much go into. He was alone, abandoned, and Tylorian was nowhere in sight. "TYLORIAN!" he cried, tears slipping down his face. "Where are you?! Come back to me, please! GODS in the heavens, I love you with all that I am! Tylorian! I NEED you!" He then felt the darkness coming near, through the trees. If the great darkness took Tylorian she'd be lost forver! "Tylorian!" Elf Man ran through the bushes until he spotted Tylorian! His eyes gazed wide with excietment. He dashed to her. "Tylorian! This isn't safe -- the darkness is drawing in around us! CURSE me for having turned away from you before, even if just for a moment, not thinking -- at heart, I swear to you, I NEVER LEFT! Please, Tylorian!"

Elf Man reached out his arms and placed them upon her shoulders. "You MUST trust me! I am not like the others!"

The darkness grew nearer.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:14 pm

She hesitated for a moment holding on to the doubt that consumed her, But when she looked into his love filled eyes she could not turn away. Not this time. Not ever again. This is where she belonged and she would risk everything for this man and the hope of happiness. She threw her arms around him and held him close. "I will trust you." She whispered.

They found themselves enshrouded in the mysterious darkness of the forest. It had come so quickly they barely had time to notice. "Take me home, there is evil here!"
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:38 pm

Elf Man was delighted to hear her reply. He smiled but upon seeing the darkness gasped. "Right away!" he said, taking her hand. He ran back for the castle, for safety, through the entrance as the darkness grew near.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:21 pm

They were out of breath from running, but were home safe from the creeping evil that loomed threateningly behind them. Elf Man shut the heavy oak door with a slam. Tylorian peered carefully behind the thick velvet drapes, unsure of what she'd see.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:15 pm

The darkness gathered and spun, darkening and stirring, but it could not penetrate the invisable aura that protected the castle. "We'll be safe," said Elf Man. "But we can never leave, unless the darkness fades somehow, and don't know when or how that could be." He turned to Tylorian. "You're stuck with my elvin beauty." He turned to her with a warm smile. "I will protect you."
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:47 pm

"But what about the sun and the moon and stars? Will we never stand beneath them? Will we never experience the wonders of nature? We can't just stay in the castle Elf Man. unless you have some pretty amazing magic that I don't know about.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:36 pm

Elf Man gazed up at the sky. When the sky met with their eyes the moon and stars appeared. Elf Man smiled. "They'll shine for us," he said, leading Tylorian into his castle. "There's so much of the caslte I haven't showed you. Our castle. The library, for axample, filled with a great many books on a great many subjects. The art gallery, filled with many paintings. The conservatory, like a forest it is! So many marvelous things!"
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:10 am

Tylorian's fears were left far behind with the darkness and the rest of the world. She smiled and hugged her new love anticipating the wonderous adventure of life with him.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:44 pm

"Together the world seems so much more right," said Elf Man. "Maybe together we can find a way to defeat the darkness."
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:29 pm

She tilted her head and considered the possibility. "What would that entail? I have been in that realm briefly at times. It breathes chaos and confusion and pain. It overwhelmes the senses and takes control. I was lucky to have escaped." Again she peered out the window into the dark daring it to come forth. Together with Elf Man by her side, she would fight fiercly for however long it would take to defeat it.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:37 pm

Elf Man held onto Tylorian as he gazed upon the darkness. "It was created by humans," he said. "By their malice and their greed and their fear ... and now it seeks to consume them, and the whole world. But ... somehow, Tylorian ... when you are with me my powers are stronger, and the powers of this castle are stronger, and ... I almost feel stronger than the whole of the darkness ... like I could defeat it." Elf Man turned to Tylorian. He placed his hands to her cheeks. His eyes were warm, patient, and yet begging. "I need you close, Tylorian. As close as I can be."
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing