speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Tylorian and Elf Man

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ariel » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:30 pm

She kissed him tenderly and held him tight. "Together we will battle the forces that haunt us. Right now I want you to show me around this wonderous place." She took his hand and walked down the endless hall.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Neurolanis » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:28 pm

"There are many, many wondrous chambers," said Elf Man as they walked. "Here we begin with the Scant Room. Scants are little fairy-like creatures with glowing orbs for heads, blue skin, and they like turning into things. They exist only in that room. As you can see, some have turned into lightbulbs -- lying there on the table. Others are half turned into things, like that half bananna on the floor by the red glass lamp in the far corner. They feed upon the dust that naturally forms over time, so all I need do for them is bestow their room with various old books and items of paper-like material. They serve no pratical purpose, understand. Their being is a mystery to me. I was informed about them when I inherrited this place, shortly before my parents' deaths. I was told by the old caretaker that my eccentric great uncle had been rather quite taken by these little creatures, he believed they held some sacred wisdom or insight into life, but I have never been able to figure out what. Scants can't talk, you see, or communicate with people in any way I can perceive. They seem to be telepathically connected to each other."
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:54 pm

"How did they get here? If they exist only in this room, perhaps this room is a portal to another realm."
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:41 pm

"Perhaps, but no longer," replied Elf Man. "I'm not sure what this room used to be before I got here, only that now it holds and maintains the life of these little creatures."

Elf Man walked further down, coming a second door. The door was closed. Elf Man turned to Tylorian with a curious smile. "Why don't you open this one?"
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:38 pm

Slowly the door opened and Tylorian held her breath. Here inside the castle walls was a world unto itself. There was a forest and rivers and a starlit sky. A full moon reflected off the moving water. There were wildflowers scattered about and fairies dancing. In awe her mouth hung open.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:37 pm

"The Forest Room," said Elf Man. "A magical realm. The room would seem, when compared to the distance between doors, to be a regular size room, yet when you step inside it reaches several miles. Here there are no people, or elves, or animals either. There are fairies, and plants and sky, and running water. It is real, no illusion. There is a danger though, that the sensation of eternity and peace in there are so great that one might lose one's self and may never wish to leave. That's why I rarely venture inside, unless I have someone who can drop by to pull me back into the castle. It's a beautiful escape, I know. Do you wish to venture inside, or move to door number three?"
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:29 pm

"Elf Man, I'm so exited! There is so much to see and do here I just know it! But I'm so sleepy. Can we sleep in the forest tonight? Tomorrow is another day and we have the rest of our lives to explore our new world together." She rested her head lovingly on his shoulder awaiting his reply as her eyes slowly began to close.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:12 pm

Elf Man smiled and stroked her hair gently. "Sounds wonderful. The air in here is a perfect warm, and there is nothing to distract us. The fairies too sleep at night, but they are usually very quiet around humans anyway." Elf Man held Tylorian's hand and led her into the magic chamber. It had a peaceful aura about it, something otherwordly yet strangely and unexplainably familiar. The smell of fresh pine and sweet flower graces their entrance, as Elf Man led her over the grass and past a large pink marble fairy fountain shaped like a unicorn, the water flowing from the horn. He led her into the forest as the fairies scattered away, into a small hollow where the most wonderful moonlight poured down through the trees above. By oaken and pine trees they laid down on the warm grass, near a calm round pond.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:48 am

Tylorian had never known such pure contentment as this night. She had spent a lifetime searching in vain for such a love as this. Here in Elf Man's arms, in his world, she felt complete. Nothing would ever be the same again. She listened to the sound of his hearbeat against her own and the trickling of the gentle brook. Slowly her eyes closed and she drifted effortlessly into slumber.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:59 pm

Elf Man awoke, and gazed warmly upon Tylorian. He ran his hand through her hair gently, not wishing to wake her; she was so content. He then stood and walked over to a large pond, scooping up some water with his hands cupped together and drinking it. He let the rest fall between his fingers, sprinkling over the calm surface of the water. He turned and looked back upon innocent Tylorian and smiled with a sigh; he had never been this happy before. He felt like one lucky elf. He gazed into the woods, and saw shadows of fairies who began to stir with the coming of morning.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:24 pm

Tylorian opened her eyes to the sun rising over the horizen. She wished to sleep a little longer but the chattering birds were incessant. She picked the mint that was growing nearby to freshen her breath and took a drink from the pond. Walking over to Elf Man, she placed her arms around him lovingly. "Morning Love."
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:40 pm

Elf Man smiled tenderly, but with a flare of passion. "Good morning, Tylorian." His heart fluttered. "Oh, Tylorian!" He wrapped his arms around her and held her close. "I am so glad to have you with me, you have no idea how much you mean to me! You are my world, Tylorian!" He then looked at her closely, wiped away some hair strands from her eyes, and moved his lips softly upon hers.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing