speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Mystic : Discussion

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Magus » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:11 pm

I'm thinking of introducing somebody else instead of Sugam. But to do that I'll wait until there's some downtime within the story. Sugam just isn't working out so well as I thought that he would.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Ariel » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:11 pm

Ooh, a new character! Have anyone special in mind Magus?

Talon, you were asking at one time what to do about the inactive players. I don't know who they are or what their characters were, but you said that killing them off wasn't an option. How do they relate to the story? Are the people who play the characters no longer members of S.V.? If they're important to the story line, couldn't you or another person play their parts? If you're expecting the players to return to S.V. and that's why you don't want to kill them off, then just have their characters lost somewhere for a while.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Magus » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:20 am

No... even I don't have an idea who they'll be yet. But I'm sure I'll eventually come up with something.

Talon, if there are so many people gone then we could do what Ariel suggests. Or perhaps we could start over again and get a fresh start. Or maybe we pull a Tolkien and have all of the characters black out and when they come to the battle is over and won.

:rofl:
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Starfire » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:50 am

Good idea Magus. Mr B has been gone for a long time. Prof said she is just too busy. I have been keeping up her character and her pet wolf.

It would be best to maybe have them go and come back if or when they rejoin SV.

The story line I have been going with is to kill of the wizard. We have been trying to get here for a year. Now that I am here I should get the scrolls. Whatever is in the scrolls can show us the wizard's week spot. The trouble is we need help breaking the seal and opening the scrolls. We can do it at the keep (the easy way) or we could go to tomb of the elf kings and have the spirits there open it. Or maybe I can just bump into some wise person with another plan.

So is anyone up for opening the seal?
Starfire
Site Regular
Site Regular

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:20 pm

My guy is not that magically inclined so your characters can deal with the seals.

The other characters where players so that is why I do not want to kill them off. My suggestion is we just do not worry about it and if they decide to join later they can find a fancy way of catching up.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:58 pm

For a guy not magically inclined he gets into a lot of magical problems. Anyway my characters blade was left so someone can find it and get trapped or get me out of there. The choice is yours.

May the force be with you. :thumright:
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Talon Sinnah » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:16 pm

May I be the first to welcome Desslok back. How long are you planning on staying? :D

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Ariel » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:20 pm

:smt006 Hello Desslok! :flower:
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Magus » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:33 pm

I'm working to come up with a new character, as I don't think Sugam'll be around anymore. Just let me know when there's some downtime where I can logically bring in a new person... like if they ever get to an inn or a village or something. In the meantime I'll be brainstorming.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Starfire » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:50 am

Desslok stays for as long as I tell him too. :P

Welcome back Leader Desslok! :salut:
Starfire
Site Regular
Site Regular

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:05 pm

Ooooohhhhh :smt079

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby aldan » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:49 pm

*aldan shakes his head and mutters, "What fools these mortals be!"*

By the way, the story posting I just did was in the area that Aurelia is in right now, but a few minutes before she got there. Darken IS quick on his feet, you know...
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain
aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing