speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Mystic : Discussion

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Re: Roleplay Discussion

Postby Talon Sinnah » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:31 am

My guy is about 35 in Half elf years. Still old but don't look it. :thumright:
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Ariel » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:29 pm

LOL did I goof? Anyanna is my character in The Threads Of Fate. Nakoma is my winged character is this story. She is in her twenties.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Qray » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:12 am

I've gotten Dierdre and Jipsom within a post or two of the tomb. I broke my two post Troll fight up into four posts. I didn't realize the tomb was up a mountain until I saw Talon's post, so it'll take a couple more posts for me to get my characters to the tomb.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.
Qray

Blog: View Blog (49)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:14 pm

Ah that is cool.

:shock: Wow I just thought how ill prepared Terix is too this whole thing. Too little of rations, no rope, no wings, and judging toward his attitude to water he probably forgot too take swimming lessons in treasurhunter school. Not too mention he is kinda shy around chicks well fairy like creatures.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Qray » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Can Nakoma carry Terix when she's flying?

Dierdre has a bunch of different methods she can use to get herself up the mountain. Jipsom is experienced at climbing and has climbing gear with him. So he could help get Terix up the mountain. So I could delay my characters going up the mountain until Terix and Nakoma get there, but they'd have to convice Dierdre and Jipsom to join with them. I was thinking this would be easier either at the entrance to the tomb or if they met just inside the tomb.

We could just make the mountain not all that imposing of a climb. Make it something that can be climbed without any special gear.

Is the tomb on the very top of the mountain? Like the Acropolis in Athens, or is it high up in the side of the mountain like the Lycean Tombs on the Dalcyon River and the Fethiye Cliff Tombs?
Qray

Postby Ariel » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:31 pm

Sorry Nakoma can't carry Terix as she has her own weight and the weight of her pouch and sword. Terix is shy with Nakoma. How cute is that? LOL :lol:
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:18 pm

High up on the side of the mountain. Climbing is not the problem he just does not like too swim. I will get him across do not worry.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Qray » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:48 am

Jipsom and Dierdre will be at the tomb entrance in my next post.

Has Clackamas beaten our characters to the Tomb? Should Jipsom and Dierdre find it already open?
Qray

Postby Talon Sinnah » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:57 pm

I like that idea we have not come face to face with the wizard since this story started.

If Ariel wants she can jump us to the tomb, I have nothing planned.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Qray » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:29 pm

btw, Nakoma and Terix most likely have heard (or will hear, depending where they are in their scripts) the following echo down from the mountain...

“PROBABLY NOT THE BEST TIME TO ASK?” he heard Dierdre shout from up on top of the overhang and ran his hand over his face. Feeling blood.

“Thú ert brúr Svínfellsáss!” he cursed back.

“Hey! I speak Nord, you know!” The girl shouted.

“Good! I’d hate to waste an insult!” Jipsom said before spitting out some blood and ran his tongue around the inside of his mouth to check for loose or missing teeth.

“I’ll wait until you get back up here,” Dierdre waved. “Our voices are carrying all through the swamp.”
Qray

Postby Qray » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:22 pm

Since you kids moved my characters from the overhang to the tomb entrance, I editted my last post to add additional content to explain how they got there.

Dierdre has responded. It's your turn. :mrgreen:
Qray

Postby Talon Sinnah » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:09 pm

"Below this temple lies the tombs of elven kings and ancient treasures. Supposedly from inside the temple there is a secret entrance that leads below."

One of Ariel's post from way back.

Ariel we need to find a way to get the scroll Starfire's character grabbed at the Archives. We are going to need it and the Hell Blade.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing