speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Thieves of Woodvale

Casual creative writing RP topics where first person/in character participation is the focus instead of classic storytelling.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Thieves of Woodvale

Postby Achilles » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:03 am

I was wondering if anyone would like to participate in a role play about thieves with me. It would be great. How about a few spare hands, come awn.
Achilles
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: Thieves of Woodvale

Postby Talon Sinnah » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:24 pm

I wish I would have been active when he posted this but I'm game anyone else?

City: large metropolitan area once a great hub of trade in the forest of Shadow Vale. Woodvale was once ruled by a council of merchants that kept the goods and money flowing through like the travelers from around the world. After amassing a great wealth the Merchant King Siegfried bought his way into the ruling seat making his word law. With money comes corruption and a underground money ring and very wealthy thieves. Many people say the thieves run it but most agree it's a dog eat dog city and a fruit ripe for the taking.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:24 pm

Races

Elves (stereotypical elves) City elves- white skinned usually blonde or light colored hair with light colored eyes proficient with finesse based swords and sorcerer magic. Wood elves- a bit shorter with darker skin hair and eyes usually better with a bow and Druidic magic

Humans- all kinds considered jacks of all trades

Dwarves- short and stalky with dark hair and beards with bad tempers. Usually best with axes. They generally make bad agile thieves but good muscle in bad situations

Halflings- agile beings that barely stand over 4ft tall make good thieves and cat burglers but poor muscle. Tend to lean more towards the knives or short swords

Orcs- tall and I'll tempered usually greenish or grey skinned. Likes a array of weapons and tend to like the shake down missions

Aerials-a humanoid mix with birds and a large pride complex. Usually comes complete with a beak and bird wings. Proficient with bows and crossbows with limited Druidic magic. Flight makes them good infiltrators.

Felines- cat people known to be great hand to hand fighters a prefers the stealth or acrobatic aspects of thievery. Very straightforward personalities make them reliable companions

Yuan-Ti- (DnD race) medium build slender humanoids usually features straight black hair and black eyes. with a mix of snake and human features usually green slightly scaly skin. Not very trusted by others for they prefer getting what they want through deception

Gnomes- max heights 3'5. Usually merchants or information sources. Love trickery magic and tinkering. Their hyperness usually gets in the way of other thieving.

These are just basics. Feel free to add other ones too. But as always nothing too powerful
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Talon Sinnah » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:23 pm

I will be playing in a first person pov mainly to help with my current project. If no one joins I will fly solo on it lol

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Return to Role Playing