speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

A new twist on Little Red Riding Hood

Television, movie and comic scripts.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

A new twist on Little Red Riding Hood

Postby banshee » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:06 am

for another site's writing contest :)

TITLE: Hell has no fury like Little Red….
BY: ANGELIA ONG

Page 1

Panel 1- The scene opens up in a heavily wooded forest. It has recently rained. You see the tail end of a red cape disappearing (right of panel) and a set of muddy footprints but don’t actually see any person.

CAPTION-IT HAS BEEN FOREWRITTEN THAT I MUST KEEP THESE FORESTS SAFE…

Panel 2- Flashback to a cosy room (low beams, thatch roof) with a roaring fire. It’s fairly spartan, wooden table, chairs and partial view of a bed.. Looks very homey.

CAPTION- IT IS MY HERITAGE..

Panel 3- a large wolf with glowing red eyes is feasting on the lower half of an elderly female body with a nightcap on her white curls and long sleeved nightgown lying on the bed from above scene. It’s blood and carnage everywhere.

CAPTION- TO KILL THOSE WHO PREY ON THE OLD AND HELPLESS..

Panel 4- we see the same wolf now cut into two with an axe sticking out from his throat. Blood everywhere. Strange blue smoke escaping from the wounds.

CAPTION- A WOODCUTTER’S AXE WOULD BE THE TRADITIONAL WEAPON OF CHOICE FOR ONE SUCH AS I… MAXIMUM DAMAGE, MINIMUM EFFORT…

Panel 5- A fresh grave with a simple headstone with “Granny” on it. On top of this headstone lies the bloodied nightcap and a folded red hooded cap on top of the grave.

CAPTION- BUT SOMETIMES I ARRIVE TOO LATE TO SAVE THE VICTIMS OF THIS EVIL..

Page 2

Panel 1- We see the blue smoke from the quartered wolf from the previous panel gathering to form a particular humanoid shape.

CAPTION- THERE ARE MANY OF MY KIND WHO HAVE TRIED TO FIND WAYS TO RID OUR FORESTS OF THIS RECURRING SCURGE..

Panel 2- An wolf-like human with elongated fangs and glowing eyes finally emerges from the smoke.

CAPTION- BUT WITHOUT MUCH SUCCESS…

Panel 3- (large) The terrifying sight of the wolf creature, snarling, as it attempts to tear down the door to a peasant’s cottage.

CAPTION- AND SO WE START OVER AGAIN…

Page 3

Panel 1/2/3- Split panels (into 3), 3 different grannies faces frozen in fear.

CAPTION- MORE LIVES LOST…

Page 4

Panel 1- We see the Wolf creature inside another cosy cottage, a granny feebly holding out a burning torch in front of her, as if to ward off this crazed creature.

GRANNY- SHOO! SHOO!
WOLF- [GROWL] FOOLISH WOMAN…

Panel 2- We see a woodcutter’s axe flying through the air, its sharp metal blade glinting in the light..

SFX- phfftttt…………

Panel 3-the wolf creature is cut across the neck, clean into two..

CAPTION- BUT NOT THIS TIME…..

Panel 4- The granny (over our shoulder view) is looking grateful as the wolf;s body is being dragged out her front door.

CAPTION- I WILL PUT A STOP TO THIS SENSELESS CARNAGE..

Panel 5- Again the blue smoke dissipating around the snarling wolf creature stepping over the wolf body.

Page 5

Panel 1- the wolf is shocked by a swinging sword blade bathed in a red glow, moves to avoid it.

Panel 2- The wolf is in mid leap towards (its back to us) a small shadowy figure in a hooded cloack holding the glowing red sword.

WOLF-[GROWL] YOU CANNOT KILL ME…

Panel 3- The wolf;s chest has been pierced through with the glowing sword, flames are all around the wound..

WOLF-.. WHAT.. MANNER OF WEAPON IS THIS…

Panel 4- We now see the shadowy figure in a red cloak removing the hood, revealing a beautiful young girl (around 12 years old) with brown hair and cold brown eyes.

GIRL- A SWORD OF FIRE… HURTS DOESN’T IT?

Panel 5- the wolf is being consumed by the flames.. The young girl looks coldly at the burning flesh, unmoved.

WOLF- AAAAAAAHHHH… WHO.. ARE… YOU…

Panel 6- (small) close of the coldly smiling young girl.

GIRL- THEY CALL ME… LITTLE RED….

Panel 7- the young girl still smiling coldly as she pulls out the flaming sword from the dead wolf…

GIRL- AND I DON’T NEED NO WOODCUTTER TO SAVE ME FROM A WOLF..

-Fin-
banshee
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Bmat » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:36 pm

Very entertaining! I'll never read the fairy tale the same way again.

I especially like the ending statement.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby banshee » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:56 am

thanks Bmat :) Glad u were entertained :D :D

I've got piles of stuff somewhere.. some really old ones from all the writing contests we did.. hmmmm... we had some fun with writing scripts based on pictures, all sorts of stuff... Course I dont wanna overload everyone either hehe

again, thanks for reading and glad u enjoyed it!

Woodcutters Be Damned!
banshee
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby DannoE » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:59 pm

Nice job, Lia. I hadn't seen that one before. Glad to see you're back writing again.
DannoE

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."
http://www.myspace.com/dannoe
http://www.awesomestormjustice.com
DannoE
New User
New User

Postby banshee » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:50 pm

thanks dan.. its bn on uggs site for a while nw lol was fun!

hp i can write mre nw
banshee
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Talon Sinnah » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:05 pm

Very nice I look forward to the other works you post.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Trey of Diamonds » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:20 pm

Ooooo I like this one. It had a Sam Spade, first person noir feel to it. Not sure if that was what you were going for but I liked it a lot.
<> <> <> Trey of Diamonds <> <> <>
Traffic and Logistics Manager
Visionary Comics Studio
Creator of Mamluk and Cyra
http://www.comicspace.com/trey/
Trey of Diamonds
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Return to Scripts