speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

It's good to be here.

Introduce yourself to the community.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

It's good to be here.

Postby Semara Wind » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:32 pm

Hello there,

First, I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far because I know that I am. I've been writing for sixteen years and was discussing my hobbies with my friend and co-worker, Talon Sinnah who informed me about this website and encouraged me to join. I'm happy to be here and I love writing fantasy and science fiction, over the years I've mostly participated in a lot of roleplay writing but I've been attempting to do my own thing now for a few months.

A few things that I really enjoy are:

-Firefly/Serenity
-Star Wars (Duh)
-Game of Thrones (If anyone wants to talk GoT, I'm your person. Just ask, Talon.)
-DC Comics but I enjoy Marvel too. I can't seem to pick a side but I do know more about DC characters than I do Marvel.
-J.R. Ward who is a paranormal romance writer but her world which is built around The Black Dagger Brotherhood is definitely not lovey with sunshine and rainbows, trust me.

It's good to be here, I look forward to making some friends. :alien:
Semara Wind
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: It's good to be here.

Postby Talon Sinnah » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:20 am

Hey you finally came. Welcome to SV.

Trust me she will talk about GoT for hours. We currently have a Lycoria RP going right now if you're interested and we are always glad to read any works posted by people.

Last thing do you prefer Semara Wind, Wind, Semara or maybe SW?
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Bmat » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:45 am

Hey, Semara!

Pleased to meet you! :)

I am also a GoT fan (as well as SW and Firefly.) I can see that it would take a long time to produce GoT because of the complex sets and action, but it has been soooo long since we saw one. I haven't read the books, though, too much going on in RL.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Ariel » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:55 pm

Ah, so you are the mysterious co-worker I have been hearing about. So very nice to meet you! We are at the start of a new story as I'm sure Talon has explained to you. Hope to see in there! Oh and...Welcome!!!!! :santa:
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Semara Wind » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:04 am

Talon Sinnah wrote:Hey you finally came. Welcome to SV.

Trust me she will talk about GoT for hours. We currently have a Lycoria RP going right now if you're interested and we are always glad to read any works posted by people.

Last thing do you prefer Semara Wind, Wind, Semara or maybe SW?

Yes! I'm finally here!

Any of the nicknames are fine, I've also went by Sem in the past.
Semara Wind
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Semara Wind » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:05 am

Ariel wrote:Ah, so you are the mysterious co-worker I have been hearing about. So very nice to meet you! We are at the start of a new story as I'm sure Talon has explained to you. Hope to see in there! Oh and...Welcome!!!!! :santa:

Oh, dear. Anything he said about me is a lie. Unless he said I'm sweet and humble, that's 100% truthful.
Semara Wind
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Semara Wind » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:10 am

Bmat wrote:Hey, Semara!

Pleased to meet you! :)

I am also a GoT fan (as well as SW and Firefly.) I can see that it would take a long time to produce GoT because of the complex sets and action, but it has been soooo long since we saw one. I haven't read the books, though, too much going on in RL.

Pleased to meet you, too!

GoT the show is almost over, season eight will be it's last and next year we receive season seven. I've read that HBO may do a spinoff series since the GoT universe is huge, and I'm excited to see where that goes. George R. R. Martin is also still writing the books so I think I'll be set for awhile, ha.
Semara Wind
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Talon Sinnah » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:24 pm

See you got her started now.

I am kinda surprised we don't have a GoT thread. Or do we I've never really paid attention
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby kingbtd » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:14 pm

I've only been on this site a relatively short time, but I can already say that you're in good hands here. Cheers from Dresden!!
kingbtd
New User
New User

Postby Bmat » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:51 am

Talon Sinnah wrote:See you got her started now.

I am kinda surprised we don't have a GoT thread. Or do we I've never really paid attention

We don't have one that I know of. I'd be game though. (I know. lame. :) )
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:43 pm

Nope only lame when Semara likes it :lol: :P

I've been a member for the better part of 15 years or so and I would have to agree with King it's definitely been a good home for me

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Return to Meet and Greet