Hi, I'm shane :P.

Introduce yourself to the community.

Moderator: Bmat

shane_lxi
Just Registered
Just Registered

Hi, I'm shane :P.

Post by shane_lxi »

Hey, I'm Shane. Figured I might as well introduce myself.

I live in a small town in Washington state. I am an automotive mechanic, and unfortunately the only one of my friends that is into reading. I'm also into drawing, writing (mostly poetry and short strories, no novels yet), and cars.

I just recently got into fantasy, so I dont have a ton of books under my belt yet, but I've read a couple series. The first series I read was the LOTR trilogy, then I read some Xanth novels, and some of the Wheel of Time series as well. I'm a little more into dark fantasy though. Steven King's the Dark Tower series is my current favorite, but Neil Gaimen's books are a very close second. I've read most of his books, and just finished American God's. Currently trying to find another series to get sucked into, but I haven't found one I liked as much yet :( .

Anyway thats me! Check me out at http://www.myspace.com/shane_lxi !

Qray

Welcome

Post by Qray »

Welcome to SV, Shane.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi, I'm shane :P.

Post by The Master »

Hi Shane!

:welcome:

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Welcome to Speculative Vision, Shane!

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Nice to meet you Shane! My hubby has been working on a Mazda Mirage collectors edition car for years. You have a cool Myspace page. I was just listening to some of your tunes in there. Some of us here are trying to recruit some new people for a roleplay in a section called Lycoria which is now located somewhere in...um...Collaborative writing and challenges I believe. If you're interested just PM me and I'll link you. Enjoy your time here. We have some great people here!! :flower:

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Welcome Shane!

shane_lxi
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by shane_lxi »

Ariel wrote:Nice to meet you Shane! My hubby has been working on a Mazda Mirage collectors edition car for years. You have a cool Myspace page. I was just listening to some of your tunes in there. Some of us here are trying to recruit some new people for a roleplay in a section called Lycoria which is now located somewhere in...um...Collaborative writing and challenges I believe. If you're interested just PM me and I'll link you. Enjoy your time here. We have some great people here!! :flower:
Cool, is he building an evo replica? They used mirages for the evolution series before they had lancers. I'm into all sorts of cars, but mostly nissans/datsun's and toyotas. I've got a couple vw friends, but I like my flesh attached to my skin, not seared off in an electrical fire, so I dont have much interest in them, lol.

Anyway, I'd be interested in a role play. It'd be new to me though, so I hope I dont get flamed, lol.

Oh Yeah, I started a new series, or rather, I ordered the book (I live in a hick town with no book store :P, lol). Perdido Street Station, China Mieville. I hear good things, so we'll see.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

The car he is working on is a bicentennial edition. Glad you will join us in our roleplay story thingy. You will find the tread called "The Threads Of Fate". That is the only Lycoria story going at the moment. When you have time, poke through the pages, pick a character you'd like and just pop in. We do have a discussion thread that is seperate from the story in case you have any comments or questions. That way, you don't have to worry about screwing up the story and it moves smoothly along. Some of us have more than one character. The story is just getting going actually. So...Welcome! :D

shane_lxi
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by shane_lxi »

I actually already made a character. He's at the inn gathering some strength. He should be ready to possibly make an apearance in a few days. He's still weak from his travels.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Awesome! :D

dragon13writer
New User
New User

Post by dragon13writer »

Welcome, I hope you like it here. It's pretty nice but it's been really slow since I joined.

I noticed you like nissans. I just bought my first (a 2001 frontier crew cab 4x4 Supercharger). And I really like it! My last car wasn't my choice but I drove it for the last 12 years so it wasn't so bad, but it was definately time for retirement. My hubby likes Ford Mustangs and we have two collectibles; an 89 Saleen and and 84 SVO. Both are a lot of fun.

Glad you came!
So many books, so little time.

shane_lxi
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by shane_lxi »

I actually just got done swapping/selling an '80 mustang. Swapped on a '91 foxnose front end, and aero (skirts, bumper, etc etc) and a new 5.0 HO. Not too big on them, but easy to work on!

My friend had an xterra with the supercharged vg30. Bad on gas, very bad on gas, but fun!! I've had 12 240sx's, and currently own 4, along with a suzuki samurai I drive every day (fun truck, lol). The 240sx I'm working on as my track car/autox car is just about done. Should have about 350hp with 410flbs of torque when all is said and done, pretty impressive for a 4 cylinder. Can't wait to get it running. It'd already be done, but I'm getting married this month (this weekend actually) and dont have alot of money to spare at the moment, lol.