HI EVERYBODY *waves*

Introduce yourself to the community.

Moderator: Bmat

lovesaphira
Just Registered
Just Registered

HI EVERYBODY *waves*

Post by lovesaphira »

Hey, i'm lovesaphira. I use lovesaphira everywhere on the internet unless it's an eragon forum where someone else beat me to it. lol.
So....i suppose i should tell you all about me.....
well i'm more of a fantasy reader than a sci-fi reader. I usually tend to go for series' rather than single books. It's not preference it's just i happen to like books that turn into a series. lol. Like Inkheart. That was a massive favourite of mine and then the author - Cornelia Funke - decided to make it into a trilogy.
Other books i like include"
His Dark Materials, Eragon, DragonKeeper, Harry Potter, Keys to the Kingdom, The Fire Within and others i can't remember atm.

Movies i like are:
Transformers
The Dark Knight
The Covenant
Pirates of the Caribbean
Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian and the Lion the witch and the wardrobe
Harry Potter
Lord of the RIngs
All the classic disney movies
Phantom of the Opera
X-Men
Men in Black
Stick It
Clueless
The Prestige
Shrek

TV shows i like are:
Charmed
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
heroes
Grey's Anatomy
How i met your mother
That 70s' show
House

More about me:
hmm....i like music. lol. I play the flute and the piano...though i never actually took proper piano lessons, hehe. I like to sing but i dont' think i'm any good. lol.
I'm not really a sporty person. I like swimming but thats pretty much it. hehe.
and yeah. If you want to know more just ask coz i don't know what else to say :D

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: HI EVERYBODY *waves*

Post by Bmat »

Welcome to Speculative Vision, Lovesaphira!

I like several of the movies that you mentioned. Harry Potter, especially the first one. The first Pirates. Phantom, Shrek. :)

House is my current favorite. I like the story arc.

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Master »

Yay a Buffy fan! :)

Welcome to SV!

samaulle_esun
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by samaulle_esun »

Hi, Lovesaphira!

You should get your hands on the Twilight series. And, I recomend the Farseer Trilogy, it being my personal favorite. Both available at good book stores : D
Your friendly resident schizophrenic

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Welcome Lovesaphira

I also like Harry Potter, and The first Pirates.

other movies on that list I like are Lord of the Rings, X-Men, the Lion the witch and the wardrobe... not seen Prince Caspian yet...

I use to like heroes but it end up with to many heroes... I lost interest...

lovesaphira
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by lovesaphira »

oh dear, so many to reply to. lol.

Dark Knight: Prince Caspian is awesome, you should see it. lol. I went to the cinemas to see it and i really enjoyed it. I kinda stopped watching Heroes coz they kept moving it later and later and i lost track of where it was and then they took it off the air completely, hehe. I like all of the Pirates movies, hehe. My friend refuses to see the others coz she says they would be lame but i found them funny. of course, the first one will always be the best :D

Samaulle_esun: i have read the first one but not the others coz they only recently got them back at the book stores coz they sold out at all of them, hehe. it's quite crazy. I shall check out this Farseer Trilogy. It sounds quite interesting. And i'm in need of a new book to read. Thanking you :D

The Master: yes i am an avid Buffy Fan. Though i started watching it later coz when it first came on i was too young to stay up and watch it. lol.

Bmat: Everybody likes Shrek, hehe. I haven't seen them in a while coz i have them on video not DVD and my VCR decided it didn't want to wrok anymore, hehe. I love house. Hugh Laurie is awesome :D

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Master »

lovesaphira wrote:The Master: yes i am an avid Buffy Fan. Though i started watching it later coz when it first came on i was too young to stay up and watch it. lol.
ZOMG...Its not nice to make The Master feel so old!

lovesaphira
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by lovesaphira »

[quote="ZOMG...Its not nice to make The Master feel so old![/quote]

:oops: oh dear, i didn't mean to.
You're not too old, i'm too young. lol. i was like six when it was on. (Lol not quite but i can't be bothered doing the maths)

hehe....that probably made things worse....well the morale of the story is i don't think you're too old. you're probably still young :D

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

:flower: Hiya lovesiphira! Some great books and movies for sure. Welcome to our little corner of the world!

lovesaphira
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by lovesaphira »

Hey Ariel. I went and read that you like dragons. ME TOO!!!! lol. they're my favourite magical creature :D

Qray

Post by Qray »

Welcome to SV, lovesaphira!

From your interests in movies and film, you might enjoy the Finder’s Stone Trilogy by Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb. The first book in the trilogy, Azure Bonds, came out in 1988. So you could probably find a good deal at a used bookstore.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Talon Sinnah »

Welcome Saphira.
Love the qoute.

My favorites go your first four, Lord of the Rings, Xmen and Shrek. As far as yir shiws the only one I really watch is house. I have four seasons on dvd. :oops:

I will be the first too ask, do you like too write?

And how about video games?
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-