How were you first introduced to an incarnation of this site

Introduce yourself to the community.

Moderator: Bmat

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Master »

data_strings wrote:Also... why isn't my avatar showing up? I'm a little new here, and I did select one...

Sometimes it doesn't take. Just try again. :)

Darukin
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Hi

Post by Darukin »

I'm rather new to the site too and like the most of you found it in google or yahoo search for SF/F related stuff. And this is the best of the type I'd found because there are several other sites with similar ideas but non are as good and they all die away. This one's got the most active and helpful members, and has the will and the spirit of its members and that's what makes it good. Anyway. :)
By the way welcome to SV data_strings.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

data_strings wrote:
Also... why isn't my avatar showing up? I'm a little new here, and I did select one...

After you select your avatar you must click the button at the bottom of the page to save your selections.

FallenStars&Angels
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by FallenStars&Angels »

i think it was last summer or sometime theres about when i got an email from raye entitled "I FOUND IT!!!!" apparently she'd been to sv before but couldn't find it again...when she did she emailed me and i checked it out, posted some of my poetry, and the rest was history :D

Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Believer »

Hey yall, I'm new to the site. I was referred to this site by one of your fellow members, who seems to be well known. He told me to give it a shot, and let me tell ya, I'm glad I did. Thanks Taith.
Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage. -Ambrose Bierce-

Lady Envy
New User
New User

Post by Lady Envy »

I stumbled across this site one evening when I was aimlessly browsing.Still pretty aimless so that hasn't changed much.
hiding under a bush

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Bread Butterbeard »

Your Welcome Believer ^_^
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends